New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Thanks guys! Okay na, napapayag ko na si Seller A sa price na binigay ni Seller B. [emoji4][emoji4] Salamat sa advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Even for experienced drivers, pag di kabisado/tantyado yung minamaneho niya, pwedeng manibago pa rin.

===
    Now this is just me, but giving a "newly minted" driver a brand new car... sayang naman.
    Aww gnun. Total driving hours ko ay around 3 hrs. Kukuha pa man dn ako ng civic this june. Advice mo magbabad muna sa driving school?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
    Aww gnun. Total driving hours ko ay around 3 hrs. Kukuha pa man dn ako ng civic this june. Advice mo magbabad muna sa driving school?
    Ako sir nag driving school last April lang, then plano ko magbabad sa driving pag nakuha na yung oto na bibilhin ko. Hehe masyado magastos sa driving school eh. [emoji23]

Pwede na sya idrive kahit wala pa plates as long as my OR/CR? Pwede bang di muna ipick up sa casa ang bagong car hanggat wala pa OR/CR?

Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the replies so far. Learning a lot.

Additional question:

X X X

4) Should I wait for the LTO registration before driving the car home? (Let's assume I the dealership I want to buy the car from is all the way in QC, and I live in Laspinas or Muntinlupa) I definitely don't want to be apprehended on my first car purchase.

Thank you
    You can opt to have your new car delivered to you - the dealer will ask you to sign a waiver of some sort (for the driving it has to do from dealership to point of delivery).

The OR/CR will not be given to you at the time of purchase. I just got a new car, and was told it would take 15 business days. It's been 11, and I don't have the OR/CR yet.

There's an LTO regulation that you can't drive a car without the OR/CR. The driver/owner will be fined, and also the dealer (with a way higher fine). If I'm not mistaken, one of the documents you will be asked to sign at the time of delivery will be some kind of acknowledgment that if you get caught driving without the OR/CR, you'll also end up shouldering the dealer's fine. (I think, I'm not so sure of this)

As long as you have the OR/CR, even without the plates, you can drive.

I think the dealer may allow you to store your car with them in the meantime. Or you can get it and park in your garage while waiting for the OR/CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    First time buying a car. Most likely a Honda
    Just wanted to ask...

x x x

Regarding test drives:
    1) Is it common to ask them to test drive a car or will this annoy them? Is it rude to test drive the car and not buy it immediately after?

2) When test driving, who decides the path to take?

3) How long are you usually allowed to test drive the car?

4) Are test drives free of charge?

5) Can I have me and someone else be in the car together with the sales agent/dealer person? Or is it just one person and the dealer representative?

x x x
    1. The sales staff will normally offer you to test drive the car (unless they don't have test drive units).

2. When I did a test drive, they suggested a route.

3. I did one loop for each car I test drove.

4. Yes.

5. Yes. I had 2 people with me. The sales staff and a security guard went with us.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    You can opt to have your new car delivered to you - the dealer will ask you to sign a waiver of some sort (for the driving it has to do from dealership to point of delivery).

The OR/CR will not be given to you at the time of purchase. I just got a new car, and was told it would take 15 business days. It's been 11, and I don't have the OR/CR yet.

There's an LTO regulation that you can't drive a car without the OR/CR. The driver/owner will be fined, and also the dealer (with a way higher fine). If I'm not mistaken, one of the documents you will be asked to sign at the time of delivery will be some kind of acknowledgment that if you get caught driving without the OR/CR, you'll also end up shouldering the dealer's fine. (I think, I'm not so sure of this)

As long as you have the OR/CR, even without the plates, you can drive.

I think the dealer may allow you to store your car with them in the meantime. Or you can get it and park in your garage while waiting for the OR/CR.
    Thanks sir

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    practice ka pa.. kung walang practice car.. you can rent a car for 1 month.. then pag sanay ka na.. then you can buy a brand new car na..

yung iba kasi after driving school bili agad nang brand new car.. kaya malimit bangga agad..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede naman new car sa new driver basta maingat lang at pagaralan ng mabuti ang kotse niya.
    1. Put flags at the corners or ask somebody to stand at the corners of the vehicle. Sit inside, try to memorize how far or near the 4 corners of your car are.
    2. Remember always to look at the side you are turning to. DO NOT JUST USE THE SIDE MIRRORS, TURN YOUR HEAD AND LOOK OUT THE WINDOW FRONT AND BACK. The side mirrors do not show you what is beside your vehicle. It shows you what is behind on that side. To see what is beside, turn your head and look.
    3. Use the signal light. It only takes a flick of the finger. Make sure you signal way in advance and change lanes or turn only when clear.
    4. Position your foot IN FRONT OF THE BRAKE PEDAL AND NOT IN FRONT OF THE GAS PEDAL. Just turn your foot sideways to the right to step on the gas and never let it leave that spot in front of the brake pedal. Hindi WW2 jeep yang minamaneho mo na kailangan itaas pa ang paa. SUA mangyari sa iyo kung ugali mo nasa harap ng gas pedal ang paa mo.
    5. If you miss your turn go around, do not slam the brakes. Eto common mistake ng new drivers, they slam the brakes when they miss a turn, e di rear collision agad. Ang dami new cars na bagitong driver ang may dent sa likod.

Relate ko lang, when we were going to pangasinan last good friday there was this mitsu mirage (new car, obviously new driver) on the leftmost lane on nlex. He suddenly slammed on the brakes and made a swerve to the rightmost lane to enter the rest/gas/food stop before san fernando. Ayun preno kami lahat tapos sabay sabay na press on the horn. Buti na lang mabibilis reaction namin lahat na katabi at nasa likod nya. The guy and his passengers were obviously shaken by the experience. Nakahinto kami lahat and he just slowly went to the side, then slump his face on the steering wheel. The woman on the passenger seat was crying. They could have all died that day, ang dami namin na magkakarambola sa maliit na mirage niya.

See, the above true story has at least 3 things i pointed above - look before you turn that steering wheel, go around do not slam your brakes, and use signal lights.
    Last edited by yebo; May 7th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Pwede naman new car sa new driver basta maingat lang at pagaralan ng mabuti ang kotse niya.
    1. Put flags at the corners or ask somebody to stand at the corners of the vehicle. Sit inside, try to memorize how far or near the 4 corners of your car are.
    2. Remember always to look at the side you are turning to. DO NOT JUST USE THE SIDE MIRRORS, TURN YOUR HEAD AND LOOK OUT THE WINDOW FRONT AND BACK. The side mirrors do not show you what is beside your vehicle. It shows you what is behind on that side. To see what is beside, turn your head and look.
    3. Use the signal light. It only takes a flick of the finger. Make sure you signal way in advance and change lanes or turn only when clear.
    4. Position your foot IN FRONT OF THE BRAKE PEDAL AND NOT IN FRONT OF THE GAS PEDAL. Just turn your foot sideways to the right to step on the gas and never let it leave that spot in front of the brake pedal. Hindi WW2 jeep yang minamaneho mo na kailangan itaas pa ang paa. SUA mangyari sa iyo kung ugali mo nasa harap ng gas pedal ang paa mo.
    5. If you miss your turn go around, do not slam the brakes. Eto common mistake ng new drivers, they slam the brakes when they miss a turn, e di rear collision agad. Ang dami new cars na bagitong driver ang may dent sa likod.

Relate ko lang, when we were going to pangasinan last good friday there was this mitsu mirage (new car, obviously new driver) on the leftmost lane on nlex. He suddenly slammed on the brakes and made a swerve to the rightmost lane to enter the rest/gas/food stop before san fernando. Ayun preno kami lahat tapos sabay sabay na press on the horn. Buti na lang mabibilis reaction namin lahat na katabi at nasa likod nya. The guy and his passengers were obviously shaken by the experience. Nakahinto kami lahat and he just slowly went to the side, then slump his face on the steering wheel. The woman on the passenger seat was crying. They could have all died that day, ang dami namin na magkakarambola sa maliit na mirage niya.

See, the above true story has at least 3 things i pointed above - look before you turn that steering wheel, go around do not slam your brakes, and use signal lights.
    Thanks sa tips. I appreciate it. Pero diba kung di ka naman mabilis at pa bara bara di ka naman mabanga. Ang kulang pa sa akin ay hnd sakto yung pag turn ko minsan. Kulang sa steer or minsan sobra.

Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Ako sir nag driving school last April lang, then plano ko magbabad sa driving pag nakuha na yung oto na bibilhin ko. Hehe masyado magastos sa driving school eh. [emoji23]

Swertihan na lang. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    practice ka pa.. kung walang practice car.. you can rent a car for 1 month.. then pag sanay ka na.. then you can buy a brand new car na..

yung iba kasi after driving school bili agad nang brand new car.. kaya malimit bangga agad..
    Aw ang mahal kung rent a car pa ng 1 month haha baka mabanga ko din un bayad pa ako.

10. Join Date
    May 2018
    Di naman. What I'm saying is, it would be good if you have an old car na mapag-practisan to gain experience on. I garage queen mo muna yung Civic, then saka mo ilabas-labas pag sanay ka na talaga.

===
    Back in my college days, we had a friend who was gifted a spanking brand new Daihatsu Feroza. It was a pretty cute micro SUV back in the day. Just learned to drive. After 9 months... maganda pa yung mga jury rigged na sasakyan sa Mad Max

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast