New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    If they will be giving it away display unit with a huge discount. I'll gladly grab it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess it will depend on how big the discount is? Haha! Anything to get it cheap. Personally, I still wouldn't go for it. I've seen display units with more than 500 kms. of mileage on them, most likely test drive units as well. Who knows how much they've been used and abused? Why take the risk?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    [QUOTE=sparc179;3071312]To the TS, one piece of advice our father taught me that may apply to you, never ever consider the showroom unit even if they offer you a huge discount. You're correct, there could have already been hundreds of people who have sat in, touched, maybe even farted in that unit.

Don't forget to compare prices, freebies, package deals with other dealerships and show the offers they give you to the other dealers so they will compete with one another for the sale.

Also, since you're paying in cash, don't expect a lot of extras because dealers will often discriminate between cash buyers and installment buyers, because they make more money from the latter ones. At least, that's been my experience with the last dealership I went to. Remember that even though you're the customer/ client and they're supposed to serve you, they're also in it for the money and nothing more. Just business, nothing personal is their motto.

Lastly, bring a trusted friend or relative who knows about cars so that they can give you unbiased opinions/ observations about the car you want. Having someone with you who is knowledgeable about these things can save you a ton of headaches down the line.

Hello sir,

May I add, don't buy a car based on popular internet reviews. Seek out real owners and have your questions about after sales service and availability of parts ready. Most dealers will always say that their parts are always available just to boost sales. Many casas don't employ real mechanics, ask which casa is really trustworthy. Lastly, take your time, don't get too excited about buying it at once. The car you will get is what the casa will give you, you cannot choose among many of the same models because they are only focused on fast sales. Godspeed!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Thanks everyone for all the replies so far. Learning a lot.

Additional question:

Regarding LTO Registration.

1) Is LTO free registration a usually free thing?

2) Will they be the ones handling the free registration?

3) How long should this take?

4) Should I wait for the LTO registration before driving the car home? (Let's assume I the dealership I want to buy the car from is all the way in QC, and I live in Laspinas or Muntinlupa) I definitely don't want to be apprehended on my first car purchase.

Thank you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I guess it will depend on how big the discount is? Haha! Anything to get it cheap. Personally, I still wouldn't go for it. I've seen display units with more than 500 kms. of mileage on them, most likely test drive units as well. Who knows how much they've been used and abused? Why take the risk?
    A friend of mine was able to buy a test drive car with less than 500km on the odo for 50% the listed price. He kept the car for more than 5 years with no problem at all.

Test drive units are normally sold after the new models come out, usually november or later. The later you buy the more the discounts.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many years ago, my car was sideswiped by a brand new advie, being driven to the dealer's, at about midnight.
    when we were younger (college days)

pinipilit namin makisabay sa Toyota convoy just for fun.

They were really fast and never kaming nakasabay ng maayos.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    To add to this, there are even times that the dealer will say that the car is not available when they know that you are a cash buyer as they would prefer customers buying it in installment as they earn more as mentioned earlier.

[QUOTE=bonruiz;3071346]
    To the TS, one piece of advice our father taught me that may apply to you, never ever consider the showroom unit even if they offer you a huge discount. You're correct, there could have already been hundreds of people who have sat in, touched, maybe even farted in that unit.

Don't forget to compare prices, freebies, package deals with other dealerships and show the offers they give you to the other dealers so they will compete with one another for the sale.

Also, since you're paying in cash, don't expect a lot of extras because dealers will often discriminate between cash buyers and installment buyers, because they make more money from the latter ones. At least, that's been my experience with the last dealership I went to. Remember that even though you're the customer/ client and they're supposed to serve you, they're also in it for the money and nothing more. Just business, nothing personal is their motto.

Lastly, bring a trusted friend or relative who knows about cars so that they can give you unbiased opinions/ observations about the car you want. Having someone with you who is knowledgeable about these things can save you a ton of headaches down the line.

Hello sir,

May I add, don't buy a car based on popular internet reviews. Seek out real owners and have your questions about after sales service and availability of parts ready. Most dealers will always say that their parts are always available just to boost sales. Many casas don't employ real mechanics, ask which casa is really trustworthy. Lastly, take your time, don't get too excited about buying it at once. The car you will get is what the casa will give you, you cannot choose among many of the same models because they are only focused on fast sales. Godspeed!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the replies so far. Learning a lot.

Additional question:

Regarding LTO Registration.

1) Is LTO free registration a usually free thing?

2) Will they be the ones handling the free registration?

3) How long should this take?

4) Should I wait for the LTO registration before driving the car home? (Let's assume I the dealership I want to buy the car from is all the way in QC, and I live in Laspinas or Muntinlupa) I definitely don't want to be apprehended on my first car purchase.

Thank you
    1. LTO is "free", meaning it is already factored in the srp. You paid for it but they tell you it's free.

2. They have an employee who takes care of registering your car. In fact when the 1st 3 years registration gets duw for renewal you van even ask the casa to renew it for you, for a fee of course.

3. Mine took 1 month for the OR/CR to gey releases and another 2 months for the plates. All new cars sold after september 2018 get new plates fast.

4. You can drive it already, just don't get caught! But since it is your 1st car, and if i am right to assume you have.not been driving a long time, then i suggest to keep it in the garage until you get the OR/CR. Knock on wood, most new cars with new drivers i see on the road have dents on them, so naaksidente na agad. Pag wala ka OR/CR talo.a na agad sa accident investigation since di mo dapat nilabas kotse mo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many years ago, my car was sideswiped by a brand new advie, being driven to the dealer's, at about midnight.
    May nakasabay ako dati isang convoy ng mini cooper sa edsa papunta malamang sa bgc casa kasi pa u-turn sila sa buendia. Mga early evening or late afternoon pa that time. Hindi lang sila makahataw kasi traffic [emoji3]

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Last edited by baludoy; April 29th, 2019 at 12:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bonruiz View Post
    Hello sir,

I second this, best way to get opinions from the experiences of owners and users of the same model you're getting would be to join a forum like this one and maybe an FB group of owners. They will sometimes post pictures and guides on where to go if you're looking for certain parts and accessories you may need.

All of your questions so far have been answered here, just keep posting away until you're satisfied.

Mind telling us what unit you're planning to purchase?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Mind telling us what unit you're planning to purchase?
    Thank you for all the replies and great info so far. I'm learning a lot. I'm planning on getting the new Brio, so it will be my first automatic and first time I'm going to be driving a car that's sedan height. Quite nervous.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast