New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    9km/l is good pero is there any chance it will reach 12km/l on city driving like on our daily innova?
    Nope. On the same route where your Innova can reach 12 km/L city driving, the Altis will probably do around 10-10.5.

Actually, I've driven several Innovas around the city and I've never gotten 12 km/L in pure city driving based on full tank method. Perhaps your route has very, very light traffic. The Altis will do 12 km/L in mixed driving.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_08 View Post
    Im usually a passenger of an Altis (kapag kasama ko supervisor ko). Ride comfort is good, pero AC is weak if you're riding at the back. or maybe its just me
    Siguro nga sir may nababasa ako sa altis thread eh mainit na daw kaagad aircon
    On the contrary, the Altis has much cooler aircon than any other car I've owned. I have to keep the automatic climate control at 26-28 degrees all the time since any lower and it's too cold already.

From experience though, even if 28 deg is cold enough for front passengers, it takes a while for rear passengers to feel the same temperature since the climate control chooses the lowest fan setting available, which means that air circulation takes a bit of time. If you want your rear passengers to be as cool as your front passengers right away, increase the blower speed.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    On the contrary, the Altis has much cooler aircon than any other car I've owned. I have to keep the automatic climate control at 26-28 degrees all the time since any lower and it's too cold already.

From experience though, even if 28 deg is cold enough for front passengers, it takes a while for rear passengers to feel the same temperature since the climate control chooses the lowest fan setting available, which means that air circulation takes a bit of time. If you want your rear passengers to be as cool as your front passengers right away, increase the blower speed.
    Ic that's good to hear bro jut.

parang wala pang masyado comment about sa nissan sylphy.

The Altis on the other hand has 3 head rest for the 2nd row while the nissan have 2 headrest.
    The sylphy have dual aircons so it means cooler than the altis?
    Last edited by crosswind; July 3rd, 2015 at 05:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

parang wala pang masyado comment about sa nissan sylphy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

parang wala pang masyado comment about sa nissan sylphy
    I like the Sylphy. IMO the 1.8 is really good value since it's cheaper than the Altis V. It's just that both cars are so similar, but Toyota has its brand going for it, so most people gravitate towards it.

But since you're looking at the G MT, there's no Sylphy variant that has the same specs since the only MT Sylphy is the base model which only competes against the Altis E. It doesn't have climate control, fog lamps, steering wheel controls, and other niceties that you'd expect from a modern-day compact.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Altis he rode in might have cheap tint so it feels hot in the rear seat.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung big consideration yung aircon sa rear seats, go with the Sylphy 1.8V. It's the only compact car that comes with rear aircon vents. Same as what jut703 stated, the Sylphy 1.8V offers great value for its price. Think of it as a small Altima.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 3rd, 2015 at 05:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 3 also has aircon vents under the front seats to cool the rear passengers' toes

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Does the Sylphy feels underpowered for the 1.6 engine with 116 hp and 156nm og torque?
    And what is the FC of the 1.6 cvt. Puro 1.8 cvt mga reviews online eh

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Was just thinking about the Sylphy, and I guess aside from the silly name, another reason why it doesn't sell is because it goes head-on with the Altis, but can't out-Altis the Altis.

The Mz3 sells because it's an all-out sports compact. The Lancer sells because it's so cheap. The Civic has lost all its mojo but still outclasses the Sylphy by virtue of its brand.

But the Sylphy...it's priced slightly lower than the Altis yes, but most people already know that it'll have much lower resale value so at the end of the day it'll entail a higher net cost.

It's a spacious compact, but so is the Altis, which is miles ahead of its predecessor (which was very cramped in the back). Both can sit 5 comfortably with legroom to spare.

It's a comfy compact with good NVH, but so is the Altis. Both even sport the same classy beige color schemes inside.

Looks-wise, though the Altis is more common, it looks less generic than the Sylphy. While I like the Sylphy's classy profile, it's not something that would make you double-take. Plus the huge bum wasn't disguised very well, so it looks a bit like Babalu.

So what does the Sylphy offer that the Altis can't? Rear air vents? A 1.8 engine in a period where people want the smallest engine available that isn't underpowered? HID? Leather? All that pales in comparison to the brand equity of Toyota vs Nissan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Some people are just in denial, Nissan brand really sucks here. Even Mitsubishi (which isn't that great either) is doing better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast