New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Sir radz, try ninyo mag test drive ng mirage na manual. Ganda humatak kahit 1.2 DOHC lang. Maluwag rin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    How about Suzuki Alto 800?

Very affordable and very fuel efficient.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by specialtikoy View Post
    Sir radz, try ninyo mag test drive ng mirage na manual. Ganda humatak kahit 1.2 DOHC lang. Maluwag rin.
    Na try ko i drive yung mirage g4 MT ng officemate ko. Medyo naninibago lang ako. Pakiramdam ko mahina hatak kasi huling drive ko ng gas is 2012 altis. Diesel kc madalas ko ginagamit

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I drove 1978 Colt Mirage manual, 1992 Lancer manual, 2009 Getz manual, 2011 Sentra gx manual, 2013 G4 CVT and now 2015 Sonic sedan a/t. G4 CVT panalo sa fuel consumption. Okay naman hatak ng G4 basta wag puno. Naakyat ko na ng Ifugao Banaue ang G4. No issues. Nag Sonic ako ngayon kasi gusto ko yung "big car feel" pero namimiss ko ang CVT. Planning to buy a fuel efficient car

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Na try ko i drive yung mirage g4 MT ng officemate ko. Medyo naninibago lang ako. Pakiramdam ko mahina hatak kasi huling drive ko ng gas is 2012 altis. Diesel kc madalas ko ginagamit
    You cannot compare the power of the mirage and altis, of course the 1.6 dual vvti model has more power compared to the small 1.2 engine of g4. Try to compare fuel efficient cars like Eon, wigo etc, and you will appreciate the power of the mirage plus how fuel efficient it is. If gusto mo mabilis and matipid try the accent diesel 1.6. Now you can compare that to the altis.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    *specialtikoy dba mivec na ang mirage

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    HI new here and cant start a new thread

Need some advice for buying a fuel efficient car as well

planning on getting a used Jazz 1.5
    Should i get a GD or a GE?
    I do wanna save some cash so the GD seems more appealing but its quite old
    Is it still a good buy despite its age, or should i go get the younger GE ?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by majeogo View Post
    HI new here and cant start a new thread

Need some advice for buying a fuel efficient car as well

planning on getting a used Jazz 1.5
    Should i get a GD or a GE?
    I do wanna save some cash so the GD seems more appealing but its quite old
    Is it still a good buy despite its age, or should i go get the younger GE ?
    Go with the younger GE platform. It comes with the SOHC VTEC engine already and the 5AT tranny. The GD comes with the IDSI engine and the old CVT tranny. The GD's old CVT tranny if not properly taken cared of will be a nightmare for the next owner. The IDSI offers better fuel efficiency. The GE's 1.5L VTEC engine offers decent FC (9-10 km/L on city and 15 km/L on highway), it may not have some oomph in the low rpm range (below 2k rpm) but it can get lively once you push it past its VTEC stages (3k, 4k, 5k rpm). Just don't get the GE with the 1.3L engine and 5AT tranny, it is not as efficient as 1.5L model and feels very sluggish (slow).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Im new in the forum and start another thread. My question is also similar to what the ts asked. Me and my wife is planning to buy our first car soon. We have 2kids, 2 yrs old below. What car can you suggest that is fuel efficient, spacious and matic. Will be used mostly for city driving and sometimes driving on xpressway. We need enough space as we usually carry lots of luggage specialy when we are travelling with our kids. We mostly bring a stroller and a trike the small ones. Were looking for something 750k or lower. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dyepoi View Post
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Im new in the forum and start another thread. My question is also similar to what the ts asked. Me and my wife is planning to buy our first car soon. We have 2kids, 2 yrs old below. What car can you suggest that is fuel efficient, spacious and matic. Will be used mostly for city driving and sometimes driving on xpressway. We need enough space as we usually carry lots of luggage specialy when we are travelling with our kids. We mostly bring a stroller and a trike the small ones. Were looking for something 750k or lower. Thanks
    Being with kids, just look for a compact sedan. Syempre kids come with lots and lots of stuff. Pero you can also check the sub compact ones kung limited talaga ang iyong budget.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast