New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dyepoi View Post
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Im new in the forum and start another thread. My question is also similar to what the ts asked. Me and my wife is planning to buy our first car soon. We have 2kids, 2 yrs old below. What car can you suggest that is fuel efficient, spacious and matic. Will be used mostly for city driving and sometimes driving on xpressway. We need enough space as we usually carry lots of luggage specialy when we are travelling with our kids. We mostly bring a stroller and a trike the small ones. Were looking for something 750k or lower. Thanks
    If you can extend your budget to 800k, go with a Honda City E. It may not have the add-ons of the City VX but it pretty much fits your city car needs. It is big for a subcompact and it has a big trunk. It is fuel efficient, both for city driving and out-of-town trips.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dyepoi View Post
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Im new in the forum and start another thread. My question is also similar to what the ts asked. Me and my wife is planning to buy our first car soon. We have 2kids, 2 yrs old below. What car can you suggest that is fuel efficient, spacious and matic. Will be used mostly for city driving and sometimes driving on xpressway. We need enough space as we usually carry lots of luggage specialy when we are travelling with our kids. We mostly bring a stroller and a trike the small ones. Were looking for something 750k or lower. Thanks
    today's kids grow up very fast. before long, your brand new buy might be too small for their lanky frames.
    think big, sir. buy the most expensive, biggest vehicle you can afford. that way, it will last longer in your family.

if i may... get a (used?) innova diesel. i haven't yet met a buyer who was unhappy with it. **
    and manual transmission saves fuel and maintenance costs.

** well... except one... who many suspected didn't even own one in the first place.

good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    today's kids grow up very fast. before long, your brand new buy might be too small for their lanky frames.
    think big, sir. buy the most expensive, biggest vehicle you can afford. that way, it will last longer in your family.

if i may... get a (used?) innova diesel. i haven't yet met a buyer who was unhappy with it. **
    and manual transmission saves fuel and maintenance costs.

** well... except one... who many suspected didn't even own one in the first place.

good luck.
    Agree with Dr. D on an innova. Whether innova J MT or a used one ( kung pasok sa budget )

Nothing beats the space it gives especially toddlers.

I would also suggest Ertiga and Avanza.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    *dr. d and boytsiks

I cant go for a MT because my wife does not know how to drive a MT car.

I can see a toyota innova AT running on diesel.

What is the pros and cons of a diesel with AT and diesel MT?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Innova A/T pwede rin if you have the budget, though it would be less efficient in city driving. Despite this, it would still be cheaper to run as compared to a matic subcompact due to lower fuel cost of diesel. The A/T Innova seems to be more relaxed at highway speeds due to different gear ratios as compared to the manual. Engine performance should be more than adequate for the typical family man... If you are not the typical family man, there are mods aplenty available. I've seen quite a few diesel Innova's both on the highway and on mountain roads, and I am very much impressed, especially considering that it only has 102hp.

In short, you won't go wrong with an Innova. It isn't a perennial bestseller for nothing!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Suzuki celerio maliit nga lang pero sya ang top #1 pag dating sa fuel efficiency, though laking sya ng features.

Speed, may nakita akong speed test ng mag asawa sa slex umabot ng 180 as in na sa red line na sya.

Aero dynamic kasi design kaya sya umabot ng ganun.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Suzuki celerio maliit nga lang pero sya ang top #1 pag dating sa fuel efficiency, though laking sya ng features.

Speed, may nakita akong speed test ng mag asawa sa slex umabot ng 180 as in na sa red line na sya.

Aero dynamic kasi design kaya sya umabot ng ganun.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    anong mas mura i-mentain? CVT or A/T?

hehehe.. I'm thinking of what to buy.. the wigo or the mirage....

Madami nagsasabi mahal daw ang maintenance ng CVT... mas mahal pa daw sa maintenance ng A/T pag nag break down in the long run (post 5yrs of owning the car).
    Last edited by teknogeek; March 3rd, 2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by teknogeek View Post
    anong mas mura i-mentain? CVT or A/T?

hehehe.. I'm thinking of what to buy.. the wigo or the mirage....

Madami nagsasabi mahal daw ang maintenance ng CVT... mas mahal pa daw sa maintenance ng A/T pag nag break down in the long run (post 5yrs of owning the car).
    sa tingin ko, hindi naman magkaka-layo ang cost of maintenance. regular palit AT/CVT fluid lang naman yan. beyond that, there's nothing else the car owner can do.
    longevity..? good question, po. the mirage is a new model, while the wigo is an old model.
    i had a 2003 lancer before... no problems with its cvt naman, as if that is basis for comparison... heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 3rd, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Nasa maintenance lang yan kung ayaw mong mag breakdown. Ang alam ko lang na naging problematic na cvt ay yung honda city nuon. Pero yung sa mg nissan na matagal nang gumagamit wala naman.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Nasa maintenance lang yan kung ayaw mong mag breakdown. Ang alam ko lang na naging problematic na cvt ay yung honda city nuon. Pero yung sa mg nissan na matagal nang gumagamit wala naman.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    yeah, I'm just worried in the long run.. no matter how well you maintain something there will always be that permanent wear and tear..

my 2002 Civic VTi-S (A/T) was well maintained and it lasted us for 14yrs but I was finally ready to gave it up.. even though well maintained yung car it's costing me more money just to maintain it casa maintained yun ever since.. buti nalang kahit papano naibenta ko pa at 220k.

but now I'm looking to buy a wigo or mirage.. purely for city driving.

I'm not rich so I want to buy a car that would last me at least a decade..

A/T cost more than any M/T maintenance hands down.. but in Metro Manila traffic is stressful.. not to mention if you're driving in a M/T car.

I'm just worried that replacement of a CVT gearbox is more expensive than A/T. (Just thinking about the worst case scenario here, you just have to be prepared.)

So yeah I'm weighing my options to go for a more conventional A/T Wigo or CVT Mirage.. (tight budget ko since my daughter will go to college soon) around 600k max.
    Last edited by teknogeek; March 3rd, 2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast