New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I pick the LC Prado, bias ako sa Toyota.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Maybe you'd like to consider the top of the line Trailblazer as well. Its got the whole boatload of features you'd expect to find in the Pajero, and is more modern engine and drivetrain wise. All this for a million bucks less. You get to save on both gas bills and the entry price with still lots of spare change for further customization.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Trailblazer is a class below, already. Not saying it's a bad vehicle, but once you start considering that, you might as well also consider the Montero Sport, Sorento and Santa Fe.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    then thats where the trouble starts
    Quote Originally Posted by nervenllarena View Post
    ang hilig kasing mag pasok ng ibang choices eh wala naman sa pinagpipilian at hindi pa magkalevel
    True, just that its much better kitted and more sophisticated than its contemporaries, and the Sorento and Santa Fe are significantly smaller. How do you think it will fare If directly compared to the Pajero, badge and name aside?
    Biglang cambio tuloy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True, just that its much better kitted and more sophisticated than its contemporaries, and the Sorento and Santa Fe are significantly smaller. How do you think it will fare If directly compared to the Pajero, badge and name aside?
    Pajero would be a lot more comfortable inside. It's much wider and have longer leg room than the trailblazer.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Of the three .. I'll pick the Land Cruiser.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Santa Fe and Sorento aren't really that small.

The Trailblazer might be big, but it's still a different class. I'd consider it because it's the biggest ladder-frame on the market now, but it's still a pick-up based SUV.

If you need to go off-road, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Stock-for-stock, the 2.8-litre VCDi Trailblazer might even be better than the current 3.2-litre 4M41 Pajero, just my opinion though. But in modified trim for competition, the Pajero might be more adaptable and receptive to modifications. There are certain cars, and even motorbikes like that, that while they seem to be not as good as the others in stock-form, or say they are just at par, yet they tend to be way better when modified compared also to the modified version of the others.

The Pajero's advantage really over the yet-to-be proven Trailblazer is huge cult-following, especially amongst Pinoys. Stamped by the fact that it's been a vaunted and the brand that has had the most wins in the grueling Paris-Dakar Rally (in its heavily modified trim - chassis/steering/suspension/engine), that says a lot and it will definitely win huge loyal followings.

The Pajero's architecture provides a very solid, perhaps even perfect, working base platform or foundation for any offroader who's willing to elevate it to a higher level of performance from stock. The genes is there actually hehe, and from that 3.2-litre CRDi powerplant most likely there is an extra of more than 100 Nm of torque that can be tapped out further of its donk with just some few modifications on it ---- it's a relatively big engine already to start with!

The Prado has a different feel and sophistication compared to the Pajero, in totality. For hardcore off-roading, i will choose the Prado, but for fast-sweeping type of offroad in say backroad type of dirt roads, or say, rally-type, the Pajero may be better than the Prado. Also, to be honest, the previous Prado has a better ride and better response over the now slightly-bigger Prado. i don't know what Toyota has in mind for this current Prado - certainly, i would not buy it over the just-so-recent Prado that it replaced if i have got the money, which i haven't got anyway haha

Cheers!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    How about this sir? Landcruiser 70 Series

Easily sits 9 to 10 passengers. FC rated at 9.0 km per litre combined city and off-city driving

Cheers!

I like this suv. Lately i saw 2 door version of this unit on the road. Have any idea how much it will cost? How about the engine? Is it the same with the local prado here in our shore?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Stock-for-stock, the 2.8-litre VCDi Trailblazer might even be better than the current 3.2-litre 4M41 Pajero, just my opinion though. But in modified trim for competition, the Pajero might be more adaptable and receptive to modifications. There are certain cars, and even motorbikes like that, that while they seem to be not as good as the others in stock-form, or say they are just at par, yet they tend to be way better when modified compared also to the modified version of the others.

The Pajero's advantage really over the yet-to-be proven Trailblazer is huge cult-following, especially amongst Pinoys. Stamped by the fact that it's been a vaunted and the brand that has had the most wins in the grueling Paris-Dakar Rally (in its heavily modified trim - chassis/steering/suspension/engine), that says a lot and it will definitely win huge loyal followings.

The Pajero's architecture provides a very solid, perhaps even perfect, working base platform or foundation for any offroader who's willing to elevate it to a higher level of performance from stock. The genes is there actually hehe, and from that 3.2-litre CRDi powerplant most likely there is an extra of more than 100 Nm of torque that can be tapped out further of its donk with just some few modifications on it ---- it's a relatively big engine already to start with!

The Prado has a different feel and sophistication compared to the Pajero, in totality. For hardcore off-roading, i will choose the Prado, but for fast-sweeping type of offroad in say backroad type of dirt roads, or say, rally-type, the Pajero may be better than the Prado. Also, to be honest, the previous Prado has a better ride and better response over the now slightly-bigger Prado. i don't know what Toyota has in mind for this current Prado - certainly, i would not buy it over the just-so-recent Prado that it replaced if i have got the money, which i haven't got anyway haha

Cheers!

Bro pampamilya ata hanap ni ts...parang hindi niya ata nabanggit na sasali sa Dakar yung erpats niya o siya.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    I like this suv. Lately i saw 2 door version of this unit on the road. Have any idea how much it will cost? How about the engine? Is it the same with the local prado here in our shore?
    It's a classic 1970's Landcruiser sir.... This is the 76 Series that were seeing here. Nothing can be better than a boxy-SUV!

According to one forumer gentleman here in tsikot, it just comes with a Toyota 1HZ engine. It's an old-school 4.2-litre straight-6 diesel engine that makes only around 130 hp with close to 290 Nm of torque. Parang Phillipine-issue Isuzu D-max 4JJ1-TC standard lang ang makina haha! ....Those ones being sold by grey market dealers are in the order of PhP2.7 M

However, i have got to see those coming to Port Irene and look for something like in the range of 1HD-FTE engine, which is also 4.2-litre straight 6 but with intercooler and turbocharger that produces 205 hp with 430 Nm of torque starting 1200 rpm. Although we want the Landcruiser 70 Series this type that you see in the photo with that spanking hood-scoop, this is only limited as an Australian-version. It comes with the same engine as that of the LC200, 1VD-FTV V8 engine, but with a single VGT. The way more expensive LC200 has got the twin-turbo 1VD-FTV engine.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Bro pampamilya ata hanap ni ts...parang hindi niya ata nabanggit na sasali sa Dakar yung erpats niya o siya.
    Bwahahahaha! OO nga

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thank you very much guys for all the inputs. I really appreciate all of your help.

Since the Pajero and Explorer will be updating their SUVs to vgt and ecoboost respectively, I guess its safe to say that my best option for now is to wait for these updates and see from there what options we'll have.

You guys are right. if we sell the pajero now and buy a new one, there wouldn't be a lot of differences. Explorer is really appealing but the FC and maintenance cost are things that make us hesitant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast