New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Had a optra Ls 1.6 a/t. i agree with its solid build and stability.
    i would drive it crazily over potholes and humps yet it never got any major suspension problems while we had it.
    But it consumes gas almost as much as a ford expedition. Plus when we had a radiator problem, finding parts was hard and utterly expensive.

For the budget try finding a better car like a toyota corolla or Honda civic.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest you steer clear of both. Chevy cars of that era (especially the rebadged Daewoo ones like these two) are not very desirable to own. Korean car quality (of the 2000s, which means not much) and with American car maintenance costs!

If you're getting a rebadged Korean car, might as well get a Korean car by name too like Hyundai and Kia. At least you get cheaper maintenance and parts costs as well as more abundant parts supply.

How much's the budget?

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    had a 2-bottle session with an Optra owner last night and he laments about his car. among the things he said about his car are sluggish response, expensive parts and very low resale value.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    OMG thank you soo much for all the insights and advice y'all gave. Thanks and because of those information, let me change the topic/cars concerned.

Honda civic vti/vtec3? 2001(sorry I'm really noob here so please bear with me) VS toyota altis1.6E AT-2004 VS Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6GLS AT-2005 VS Ford Focus 1.8GHIA AT-2006

are they even comparable? hahaha truly sorry but still hoping for you advice! thanks =))

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by comeonmamon View Post
    OMG thank you soo much for all the insights and advice y'all gave. Thanks and because of those information, let me change the topic/cars concerned.

Honda civic vti/vtec3? 2001(sorry I'm really noob here so please bear with me) VS toyota altis1.6E AT-2004 VS Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6GLS AT-2005 VS Ford Focus 1.8GHIA AT-2006

are they even comparable? hahaha truly sorry but still hoping for you advice! thanks =))
    The ES Civic seems to be the best pick among the choices you've given.

Altis - engine prone to sludging. good car though. still like the ES better.
    Lancer - Pizza type, could have weak suspension. Not familiar if there's any other issues.
    Focus - for a First car? Mmm. I'd stick to Japanese brands.

--

What are your preferences? If it's cheap to have, easy to maintain then it's the City Type Z. They have 1.3AT if Im not mistaken. If cheap to have, easy to maintain and has the power to offer. Still the Type Z City but with the 1.5VTEC engine this time.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    my budget's upto 250-300k I like the focus because of its looks hahaha

Not really cheap bu simply easy to maintain I guess. So it won't bother me anymore since I'm already dying with my school stuff hhaaha
    I like the civic too since even thou it's been a decade already it is still stylish I guess and with good f.c right? plus easy-to-find parts and btw what is civic's f.c? heehe just curious I really don't know which one is better in terms of f.c between the civic and altis

thank you for all the help guys
    truly indeed the best community! =D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I suggest you go Altis. Simple construction means fewer parts to maintain, fewer things to go wrong. *renzo, 05 Lancers are already cedia facelifted body. The deal breaker is the older CVTs for me. Safer to go traditional matic if we're talking bout used units.

The Civic is nice but a bit too old.

The newer Focus looks tempting too with all its features. It's just that i can personally attest how easy it is to own an Altis. Let's wait what some actual owner have to say about the Focus.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    300k budget, I'd go with a Civic ES (2001-2005). The 2004-2005 models had the redesigned headlights and taillights. Look for the VTi-S model as it has more features. A limited run of the Civic ES with the more powerful 2.0L K20 engine was also released in 2004-2005. These TOTL Civic ES K20 models are also priced within 300k nowadays.

If you want a younger car with good features and comfortability, maybe you can find a 2006-2008 Nissan Sentra GS (N16) for 300k. FC (7-8 km/L) is not as good though as the Altis/Civic (9-10 km/L). It is a bit sluggish but very stable on the highways.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the ES Civic. Get the facelifted version ('04-'05) for a much more modern and timeless look. I suggest you get the 1.6VTi-S M/T for the safety features, decent performance along with good gas mileage. Go for the 2.0i-VTEC if you are not concerned about the gas mileage.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Pasok din pala ang eagle eyed Civic (04-05) sa budget. Akala ko strictly restricted to 01 models lang. Either the Civic or the Altis would make a satisfying ownership.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast