New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ask ko lang kung which is better? Particularly ung 2007 Aveo sedan vs 2005 Optra same AT
    F.C? maintenance? (parts and labor hehe sorry newbie here)
    better for long drive? well but not everyday. Since it's summer so I'm thinking of out-of-town vacation =)) thanks in advance for you answers and advice!
    highly appreciated each and every answer thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Optra is not known for good FC. A previous officemate tells me he gets about 5-6 Km/L on it in city conditions. You might be better off with a midsize car if you're consuming that amount of gas since you get a bigger and more comfortable car. No idea about the Aveo as I have no friends or officemates who own such a car.

How much is your budget for the car? There are a lot of options to choose from in the used market.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neither of the two if you ask me. Yes, malakas sa gas yung Optra and it's quite lethargic based on the unit i had to use before.

On the Aveo, I cannot comment but it does not look too appealing either and i heard that it's performance is not too good either.

What's your budget range and preferences? How many people will ride your car usually? What kind of roads and distances do you travel regularly?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I've got a friend who ditched her Aveo because of problems here and there. Her unit was a company issued car though. So we can't be sure if the problem does come from the car or from misuse/abuse of the previous user.

I've got a friend who has a Optra, 1st owned who's alternator when kaput on 55tkms. Dunno the real story (it was done at Rapide), but what he's sure is that it set him back 15 grand to replace. While I have another who is satisfied with his Optra except for the consumption.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Neither. Look at more reliable Cars.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My family used to have an Optra before. 1.6LS AT if I'm not mistaken. It's a really solid car, I liked it honestly. Lakas pa kapag naka-rekta na and believe me it feels stable at high speeds.

Sold it at 65T Kms, lumalabas na problema eh. But until then, FC lang talaga ang issue. Nasa 6km/L...

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    My family used to have an Optra before. 1.6LS AT if I'm not mistaken. It's a really solid car, I liked it honestly. Lakas pa kapag naka-rekta na and believe me it feels stable at high speeds.
    I used a 1.8L a/t before and i agree on the solid feeling and stability. Kaso lang nagulat ako when i learned it was a 1.8L. I always though it was a 1.6 because of the heavy performance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The transmission of the Optra AT takes forever to downshift.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know some people who own Optras with little issue, but in the end, you're looking at a car with a terrible thirst for gas in traffic.

The Aveo is not much better. It has a reputation for poor fuel economy, too. And besides that, it's smaller, slower and not as nice inside (and out) as the Optra. If you had absolutely no choice in the matter, I'd go for the Optra. Otherwise, better to look around for something better for your money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    for a newbie, i would suggest ditching the two choices and go for a more reliable sedan like a corolla,vios,lancer,sentra,civic etc...
    since your main concern is maintenance/parts/labor, you'll be better of with the mentioned choices since their parts are relatively available anywhere, may it be casa, or your suking auto supply... and repairing them will be much much easier due to familiarity because of the sheer number roaming around the streets of the metro alone... baka sumakit lang ulo mo and wallet mo sa chevy options mo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast