New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Downside for the top of the line exalta's is yung power features/amenities niya. Too complicated to fix when broken. Masyadong techy. HAhahaha.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Downside for the top of the line exalta's is yung power features/amenities niya. Too complicated to fix when broken. Masyadong techy. HAhahaha.
    It doesn't have any more electronics than any other car naman ah. The only more advanced electronics it has are ABS, EBD and parking sensors. Eh yung stuff like the heads up speed display, kahit nasira pwede naman pabayaan. *TS: I highly recommend you take this car, at 250k its a far better buy as compared to any Picanto or Getz. Bilisan na't baka maunahan ka ulit!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have to agree on renzo on this. its not about the abs and ebd, more of power everything inside like sunroof, climate control, tv, etc. for that old of a model something is bound to fail. mas ok to get basic cars para wala masyado alalahanin.

just my 2 cents worth.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    basic car na ang picanto.. pero kung budget talaga mag suzuki alto na lang kasi matipid talaga yun 800 cc.. total habol naman eh yung less repairs tapos matipid pa at cheap parts.. kung yung nissan exalta mura nga pero for sure madami na for repair dyan at costly ang parts

nga pala the TS is referring to kei cars and by definition kei cars do not exceed 700cc engine displacement.. even a suzuki alto or chery qq is not qualified for a kei car...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *GTi: parang anlaki kasi ng exalta eh yung mga subcompact cars parang andali i-park and considering na 1.6 and AT, di ba mataas FC nun? paki-correct na lang coz like i said, i'm a dummy on this :confused:

*yapoy86: :ooops: my bad, akala ko talaga pasok pa sa kei category ang Alto which was my first choice. however, when i saw it up close, sobrang liit pala (hehe gulo ko noh?).

anyway guys, i'm gonna check a Getz 2007 which the owner is selling for 200k plus a 110k balance sa bank na payable in 18mos. Do you think ok naman yung deal? I'm still hoping na manegotiate yung initial cash out but I will check the car first kung ok yung condition. Nagbasa kasi ako sa Hyundai Getz na thread, mukhang may mga nakitang prob sa 2007 model compared to the earlier ones although they were fixed naman yata. Again, thanks for helping

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    maliit talaga kasi nga habol mo yung makatipid at madali i-drive at mag park.. kesa naman mag motor ka noh..

kung ikaw lang ang sakay palagi ok na yung alto...maluwag na yun para sa isang tao.. ako nga kasya sa suzuki multicab eh..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelrei View Post
    anyway guys, i'm gonna check a Getz 2007 which the owner is selling for 200k plus a 110k balance sa bank na payable in 18mos. Do you think ok naman yung deal? I'm still hoping na manegotiate yung initial cash out but I will check the car first kung ok yung condition. Nagbasa kasi ako sa Hyundai Getz na thread, mukhang may mga nakitang prob sa 2007 model compared to the earlier ones although they were fixed naman yata. Again, thanks for helping
    for me, ill rather get a later model that has no mortgage balance para wala na aalahanin. another is you would have to deal with the bank and all the legal papers. parang mas ok straight cash lang.

just my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if you insist... But if I were in the market for a small car, I'd get the Getz over the Picanto. The Picanto only has a 1.1L engine which sucks in terms of performance and Kia charges high for maintenance as compared to Hyundai. The Getz, meanwhile has a superior 1.4L gas or 1.5L CRDi AND cheaper maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Guys, thanks for all the suggestions.... I have my 2006 picanto na and am very happy with it!

Was really eyeing for a Getz pero lahat ng nakausap kong sellers malalabo, halatang nanloloko. Then out of the blue yung friend ng brother ko nagdecide ibenta ang Picanto nya pang-add capital sa biz and he couldn't give up his vans and pick-up, kaya yun good deal na and kampante kami kasi kakilala. Sure na hindi na-Ondoy. It was hard for him to part ways with his car kasi first car nya, never sya binigyan sakit ng ulo and ganda ng sound set up, with spoiler, rainguard, mags, michelin tires, leather seats. And for a 5yr old car, 50k pa lang ang mileage. Malungkot sya, masaya ako

again, thanks. wish me luck sa first car ko, sana matagal kami magsama

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    post pix! hehe grats on your new car!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
need a second hand kei car, 200k budget, suggestions pls?