New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wonder,
    was post-er renzo enlightened, or confused even more?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder,
    I can imagine him reading the replies and scratching his head.

Kidding aside, I feel the Forester XT does not fit his criteria. Dun pa lang sa easy and cheap to maintain medyo alanganin na... I feel like the CRV 2.0 or Rav4 might be his best option, seems like he is just looking for a bland and basic point A to B crossover.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For less maintenance cost, wag na yung AWD. Mas matipid din sa fuel yung FWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Nothing beats the CRV gen 1 when it comes to easy and cheap maintenance. Best in looks, a classic legend of the 90s.

I used this as my daily driver before buying the Mazda3 BN. Fuel economy on 30km 2 to 3 hour drive from Fairview to BGC averages 5 to 6 km/Li. I'm still using this 21yo CUV occasionally whenever I need to move a lot of stuff.

Spare parts are plentiful and cheap. Resale value is still relatively high.

What You Should Know Before Buying A 90's Honda CRV | The Ultimate Buyer's Guide!!! - YouTubeimg_20180827_140031_527.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Nothing beats the CRV gen 1 when it comes to easy and cheap maintenance. Best in looks, a classic legend of the 90s.

I used this as my daily driver before buying the Mazda3 BN. Fuel economy on 30km 2 to 3 hour drive from Fairview to BGC averages 5 to 6 km/Li. I'm still using this 21yo CUV occasionally whenever I need to move a lot of stuff.

Spare parts are plentiful and cheap. Resale value is still relatively high.

What You Should Know Before Buying A 90's Honda CRV | The Ultimate Buyer's Guide!!! - YouTubeimg_20180827_140031_527.jpg
    My brother(a true blue Honda guy) loved the gen1, hated so his gen2 that he skipped the gen 3 & went straight to a used gen4 when the current ones were already out. He says he'll never CVT....even if they're by the 1 badge he's loyal to. Guess it's genetic.Need Opinion: Best 2nd hand CUV at 700k
    The gen1 CRV was a solid car. A worthy find now means it should've been genuinely pre-loved. The rubber parts & suspension pre-refreshed unless the buyer's a wrench or tinkerer.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder,
    Lol still here. But the responses have been very interesting so far

If relevant to the topic - Im planning to keep the vehicle for 3-4 years.

For FXT- Any differences to note between the 2015 vs 2016 models? My budget will get me a 2015 model but there are a few 2016s that fall within my range too.

For CR-V, Rav4 and CX-5, 2016 model is within the budget. I could get either a ToTL 2015 or the base 2016. To those who suggested these cars, which is better - ToTL previous year (2015) model vs base 2016? I remember someone saying the 2.0 CX-5 fits my criteria more

Thanks all really enjoyed your convos here lol

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    For CR-V, Rav4 and CX-5, 2016 model is within the budget. I could get either a ToTL 2015 or the base 2016. To those who suggested these cars, which is better - ToTL previous year (2015) model vs base 2016? I remember someone saying the 2.0 CX-5 fits my criteria more

Thanks all really enjoyed your convos here lol
    Late 2015 CX-5 is the facelift. Gets you the updated interior with MZD connect HU and rotary control, new AC controls, electronic parking brake, new headlights front grille tail lights. Supposedly better NVH.

If your big concern is fuel economy, the 2L CX-5 gets 8-9km/l light to moderate city traffic, close to compact sedans. Compare that to other crossovers which struggle to break 7km/l. Forester turbo will only do 5-6km/l.

If you're interested, you can join the cx-5 club temporarily to ask for some feedback.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    deleted: replied to the wrong thread
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; February 18th, 2021 at 09:35 PM. Reason: wrong thread

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hands down! The Mazda CX-5 is the winner!

Now I'm thinking of looking for one too!

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Late 2015 CX-5 is the facelift. Gets you the updated interior with MZD connect HU and rotary control, new AC controls, electronic parking brake, new headlights front grille tail lights. Supposedly better NVH.

If your big concern is fuel economy, the 2L CX-5 gets 8-9km/l light to moderate city traffic, close to compact sedans. Compare that to other crossovers which struggle to break 7km/l. Forester turbo will only do 5-6km/l.

If you're interested, you can join the cx-5 club temporarily to ask for some feedback.
    How about the 2.2 Diesel AWD? Should I bother?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast