New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi everyone. Planning to transition from Civic FD to a CUV.
    At 700-750k budget, what would you guys recommend?
    This will be used as my daily driver Las Pinas to BGC after this pandemic.

Currently in the market scanning 2016 CR-V, CX-5 and Forester.

Things to consider:
    1. Mostly solo passenger
    2. 6 ft driver
    3. Easy and cheap to maintain
    4. AT and good FC
    5. Good resale value

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Find a Forester XT if you can. It’s quick, fast, comfortable to ride, and with a big trunk. For maintenance, just bring it to GAT Performance in BF Homes Paranaque.

We have practically the same route. My office is also in BGC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    I'd go with the Honda or Mazda just because they still use traditional Automatic Transmission. It may be more reliable and is definitely cheaper to repair/replace than a CVT.
    I believe the current gen CRV 2.0 Gas is already using CVT but the diesel is still standard torque converter.

If you want the fastest among the bunch, definitely forget about the transmission arguement and go with the Forester XT. Is is also the most spacious among the 3, especially in the front seats.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Wala nama sa considerarion yung matulin at comfortabke. Saka sa Las Piñas- BGC na ruta, hindi kailangan ng matulin na sasakyan dyan. 80% mabigat daloy ng trapiko.

Sa Cr-V ako, or kung practical ka na tao, MPV bibilhin ko, Innova.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's nice to know that your car is fast, even as you have no opportunity to show it.
    "bragging rights."
    use it as a tie-braker, if you will.

but yes,
    for plain practicality,
    go innova.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TsekwangBakla View Post
    Wala nama sa considerarion yung matulin at comfortabke. Saka sa Las Piñas- BGC na ruta, hindi kailangan ng matulin na sasakyan dyan. 80% mabigat daloy ng trapiko.

Sa Cr-V ako, or kung practical ka na tao, MPV bibilhin ko, Innova.
    I take SLEX daily from Paranaque to BGC. I can go pedal to the metal on usual traffic unless on freak days where it is bumper to bumper when passing thru Bicutan exit.

A comfortable car to drive is a blessing for passengers plus a big trunk is useful on road trips.

I will not trade my Forester XT with a CRV or CX5 or Xtrail or Tucson or Sportage. Yes it’s true I like to drive fast as I have no time to wait for slow people on the road. I just pass them quickly and go on my merry way.

Last edited by Egan101; February 16th, 2021 at 09:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's nice to know that your car is fast, even as you have no opportunity to show it.
    "bragging rights."
    use it as a tie-braker, if you will.

but yes,
    for plain practicality,
    go innova.
    Doc, Let me drive your Toyota and you might turn your knuckles white holding the dash. Hahahaha

Our slow Jetta TDI can still go fast with me on the wheel. With Jut on the wheel, you might just be scared sh&tless. Hehehehe

The Innova is the practical choice for a family ride but it lacks the oomph. A CUV is a better choice for singles who want an all-around vehicle or for couples who likes road trips or for families with just 2 kids.

Last edited by Egan101; February 16th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I take SLEX daily from Paranaque to BGC. I can go pedal to the metal on usual traffic unless on freak days where it is bumper to bumper when passing thru Bicutan exit.

A comfortable car to drive is a blessing for passengers plus a big trunk is useful on road trips.

I will not trade my Forester XT with a CRV or CX5 or Xtrail or Tucson or Sportage. Yes it’s true I like to drive fast as I have no time to wait for slow people on the road. I just pass them quickly and go on my merry way.

Okay sir.

Solo passenger, LPC- BGC, Doble ba yung space ng Forester sa CRV?

Again, wala naman yata sa main concern nya yung napakatulin na kotse. Yung Crv ba hindi kaya tumakbo ng katulad ng Firester mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Doc, Let me drive your Toyota and you might turn your knuckles white holding the dash. Hahahaha

Our slow Jetta TDI can still go fast with me on the wheel. With Jut on the wheel, you might just be scared sh&tless. Hehehehe

The Innova is the practical choice for a family ride but it lacks the oomph. A CUV is a better choice for singles who want an all-around vehicle or for couples who likes road trips or for families with just 2 kids.

Taga Las Pinas ka din? Kasi kung Las Pinas, baka zapote alabamg road tapos NaiaX amg daan, eh 60kph lang spwed limit dun diba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    I'd go with the Honda or Mazda just because they still use traditional Automatic Transmission. It may be more reliable and is definitely cheaper to repair/replace than a CVT.
    I believe the current gen CRV 2.0 Gas is already using CVT but the diesel is still standard torque converter.

If you want the fastest among the bunch, definitely forget about the transmission arguement and go with the Forester XT. Is is also the most spacious among the 3, especially in the front seats.
    +100000000000 on this advice.Need Opinion: Best 2nd hand CUV at 700k
    Managed to steer clear of brand new CVTs....Used? I'll stay even farther away. Wear is irreversible & they're non-rebuildable. I'd be more at peace w/ something manageably fixable longterm.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast