New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    One of our daily drivers is a converted Toyota Granvia, so I am quite aware of the associated problems. I have replaced the steering rack, pretty much the entire front suspension and most of the brake system. Worth it though. Has been with us for over 2 years and 21k kms now, with 3 Baguio trips under its belt. Currently still runs at least 5 days a week.

Extended family owns a 2005 Accord. I don't know what you'd consider powerful, but I find the 2.4 more than decent. In normal city driving, which is to say from idle to around 2500rpm, power delivery feels remarkably similar to my 2007 Santa Fe CRDi. Throttle response is great, transmission very intuitive, and low end torque actually quite decent, especially for a Honda. One of my uncles has apparently done 200 in it when it was younger, so top end power is not too shabby either. FC... Not sure about highway, but usually does 6-7 city if driven reasonably. Oh, and Ronda Rousey had the exact same car! Need help with first car

Don't know much about Subarus, but I do know FC is definitely out the window!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Ohhh I didn’t know much about Accords, I guess I haven’t paid much attention to them, and now I’d definitely try to drive and see it for myself. I do love its looks so far, but I haven’t seen the interior yet but I think it would be worth a peek

Yeah I know I’m throwing money when I get a Subie though, but I’ve seen others give low consumption, not sure why. So that kind of gave me a little bit of hope
    Also when i tried the Forester, I immediately fell in love with the handling(hooray awd), and imagined it would feel much better with a wrx.

Although a family friend suggested a Prelude as well dunno if that’s worth.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Potchisan View Post
    Love boxers, but I do think the 86 is more on the expensive side. I’ll be considering them though if they suddenly lose value, who knows?
    errr,
    what's your budget?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr,
    what's your budget?
    Probably at 750k max, anything over and family would think it would be too expensive for a first car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what about a lancer GSR ?
    it's old, but...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Probably at 750k max, anything over and family would think it would be too expensive for a first car.
    If you're considering an Accord for 750k, you can already get an early 2010s model. Looking at the online ads, you can even splurge on a 3.5V6, throw in a supercharger, and still make 750k.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For 750k, I'd get a used Legacy GT (2010-2013) in either sedan or wagon form. This cars packs the same engine as the WRX STi. The engine can be tuned to 400hp.

If you want the previous gen Forester XT (SJ platform, 2.0L turbo, 2013 to 2018), pricing of 2013-2015 used ones are around 750k to 900k. If you want a WRX (2.0L turbo), used 2014 models are around 1M to 1.2M.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For 750k, I'd get a used Legacy GT (2010-2013) in either sedan or wagon form. This cars packs the same engine as the WRX STi. The engine can be tuned to 400hp.

If you want the previous gen Forester XT (SJ platform, 2.0L turbo, 2013 to 2018), pricing of 2013-2015 used ones are around 750k to 900k. If you want a WRX (2.0L turbo), used 2014 models are around 1M to 1.2M.
    The older models cost cheaper though, and are probably not stock. It’s a bit of a risk considering they’re much older and probably screwed to hell being non stock.(and also 2.5L) But yeah, I’m probably going to have to avoid the newer ones.

Also found a Prelude SiR Mk5 which costs 350k, but not sure if they share parts with the accord though, and if they’re converted
    So far I’ve also considered that as well

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The older models cost cheaper though, and are probably not stock. It’s a bit of a risk considering they’re much older and probably screwed to hell being non stock.(and also 2.5L) But yeah, I’m probably going to have to avoid the newer ones.

Also found a Prelude SiR Mk5 which costs 350k, but not sure if they share parts with the accord though, and if they’re converted
    So far I’ve also considered that as well
    Most of the used ones are stock. It's true to avoid somewhat the modified ones but you can always check with the owner on any issues associated with the mods. Avoid buying from buy&sell shops.

I would suggest to buy used cars which was bought locally. Imported cars can become a maintenance nightmare if parts can't be had easily. Also, avoid converted cars as you don't know the quality of work involved in its conversion.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Most of the used ones are stock. It's true to avoid somewhat the modified ones but you can always check with the owner on any issues associated with the mods. Avoid buying from buy&sell shops.

I would suggest to buy used cars which was bought locally. Imported cars can become a maintenance nightmare if parts can't be had easily. Also, avoid converted cars as you don't know the quality of work involved in its conversion.
    Ohh I do think some barely modified ones go for much less as well, and I think they’re worth it though, as long as you have information on the mods

Whoops, I thought parts for accords more or less go with the Prelude, oh well.
    I was also hoping that it would be the US Version so it wouldn’t be converted anyways. Otherwise, I do stay away from converted and much expensive parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help with first car