New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi nga mabilis yung pre facelift Altis. The old Lovelife Corolla 1.6 gives similar power output, and its already described as a rather lifeless car.
    Actually, mabilis ang 4A-FE ng AE101 and AE111. Siguro unresponsive pag AT - I've driven my friend's AT AE101 GLi, and I'm not sure kung ganun talaga yung AT nun or dahil hindi masyadong maintained, pero parang stresed na stressed compared sa MT. But the engine itself isn't lifeless.

Now comparing the AE111 to the ZZ E121 Altis, they may go at a similar pace but the level of refinement and poise of the Altis is noticeably better, more composure at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    Very good analogy and comparison sir Jut703 but what if I can get a 2009 Jazz 1.5 against 2008 altis 1.5V what would be the best choice considering there is a one year discrepancy?

Points to consider iwould be the maintanance cost and re-sale value sirs, would you still go for the Altis?
    The 1 year difference doesn't matter as much as how the previous owner took care of the car. Kung mas maalaga yung owner nung Altis, kahit pa 2009 na Jazz yan I'd get the 2008 Altis.

For me, it's still really about deciding what you really prioritize in a car.

Maintenance would be cheaper with the Altis, and resale value should be roughly the same.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Actually, mabilis ang 4A-FE ng AE101 and AE111. Siguro unresponsive pag AT - I've driven my friend's AT AE101 GLi, and I'm not sure kung ganun talaga yung AT nun or dahil hindi masyadong maintained, pero parang stresed na stressed compared sa MT. But the engine itself isn't lifeless.
    The 4AFE AE101 M/T is fast. That much I am sure. A family friend of ours tailed our '97 Accord VTi very closely with his '93 GLi M/T when we went to Baguio on convoy. We were flying through Maharlika Highway at speeds usually at the vicinity of 140-180km/h. The AE111 is significantly heavier than the AE101 due to the safer GOA body. And the current, pre-facelift Altis is even heavier than that. But still with the same output.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Need advice from Tsikot Gurus (Best buy for 550K)