New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Both the Mazda 2 1.5R and the City 1.5E consume about 9 km/L in moderate to heavy city driving.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Noted sir, but in terms of maintenance cost, interior space and re-sale value which one is much better?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No idea about maintenance cost, since I don't own either.

The City will definitely have the advantage when it comes to interior space and resale value. The Mazda 2's main advantage is in its handling and driving dynamics. It's something you can't really quantify on paper, and is best appreciated with a test drive. In addition, I think the Mazda 2 1.5R hatch looks much better than the City 1.5E, especially with the latter's unbelievably tacky chrome grille.

Of course, if you're a sedate city-dweller who could care less about how a car handles at speed through corners, then baliwala sayo yung handling ng Mazda 2.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No idea about maintenance cost, since I don't own either.

The City will definitely have the advantage when it comes to interior space and resale value. The Mazda 2's main advantage is in its handling and driving dynamics. It's something you can't really quantify on paper, and is best appreciated with a test drive. In addition, I think the Mazda 2 1.5R hatch looks much better than the City 1.5E, especially with the latter's unbelievably tacky chrome grille.

Of course, if you're a sedate city-dweller who could care less about how a car handles at speed through corners, then baliwala sayo yung handling ng Mazda 2.
    Thank you sir jut703 for the information, yeah, I would'nt care much on the handling or the fun aspect of driving cause for sure I will drive my car on and off from work, so for me it's just getting me from point to point, however I've seen Altis 1.6 A/T 2009 in the same price range as CityE 2009, would you recommend it? as far as I can see my only problem with this is the FC? is it correct sir?

Now I'm comparing a subcompact car (CityE) with a compact car (Altis 1.6 A/T), I think in all aspect the difference would be minimal but which would you sirs prefer and why? .... or my assumptions are wrong

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Altis is actually a rather fuel efficient compact, kahit 4AT lang 'to. Hindi nagkakalayo ang fuel efficiency ng City 1.5E and Altis 1.6 G AT.

The advantage of the Altis? You get slightly better interior room, a more comfortable ride, better seats, and well, it's a compact (not a subcompact) so mas may "dating" 'to - for me at least.

Oh yeah, even if the City says that it has 120 hp and the Altis only has 109, the Altis feels more powerful in city driving because it's tuned to have better low-end grunt, unlike the City which needs to be revved high to feel the power surge.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    For me sir I do not need power to drive so fast, I need it for up hill driving ... So, for city driving from Cainta or Makati to Mandaluyong would you prefer Altis than City sir?

And what would be the edge of City in comparison with Altis sir?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Etong dalawa nalang ba ang pinipilian bro? At matic lang ba? Ayaw mo ng FD 1.8 M/T? FC shouldn't be too bad, lots of power on tap too which would make it more efficient in climbing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Altis is actually a rather fuel efficient compact, kahit 4AT lang 'to. Hindi nagkakalayo ang fuel efficiency ng City 1.5E and Altis 1.6 G AT.

The advantage of the Altis? You get slightly better interior room, a more comfortable ride, better seats, and well, it's a compact (not a subcompact) so mas may "dating" 'to - for me at least.

Oh yeah, even if the City says that it has 120 hp and the Altis only has 109, the Altis feels more powerful in city driving because it's tuned to have better low-end grunt, unlike the City which needs to be revved high to feel the power surge.
    I can vouch that this is true. With comparison of a 2008 Altis 1.6V and 2011 City 1.5E. They both achieve about 7.5km/l city driving yet the Altis feels more comfortable strolling around with its 4 speed matic than the 5 speeder in the City, which feels a bit more busy. Downshifting more often due to its close gearing and low torque.

My Vios on the other hand consumes

on light traffic

on moderate traffic

8-9km/l on heavy traffic, all on ECO driving.

HTH. Goodluck!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Etong dalawa nalang ba ang pinipilian bro? At matic lang ba? Ayaw mo ng FD 1.8 M/T? FC shouldn't be too bad, lots of power on tap too which would make it more efficient in climbing.
    Sir GTi, actually I have three cars in mind, City E, Altis 1.6V and Avanza G, I need an automatic car due to heavy traffic in Cainta, FD sir eh baka mahal pa ang maintenance cost and talagang I would prefer A/T sir.

* Sir basti08, good point on the 4 speed vs 5 speed, kaya for me talagang Altis has a big advantage over all compared to City E, but when it comes to maintenance cost how is Altis against to City and Avanza G?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    Sir GTi, actually I have three cars in mind, City E, Altis 1.6V and Avanza G, I need an automatic car due to heavy traffic in Cainta, FD sir eh baka mahal pa ang maintenance cost and talagang I would prefer A/T sir.

* Sir basti08, good point on the 4 speed vs 5 speed, kaya for me talagang Altis has a big advantage over all compared to City E, but when it comes to maintenance cost how is Altis against to City and Avanza G?
    hehehe kung sa Cainta ako nakatira, I would include Jimny in the mix. Baha, you know? ;) hehehe

Need advice from Tsikot Gurus (Best buy for 550K)