New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Go on with the Avanza...ok na yan sa needs mo for now.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    That is noted Sir Gecko Guy, I'll test drive an Avanza and perhaps Honda City na rin just for comparison .

Unless there are other 1.5 vehicle you might want to suggest , I'm still open for suggestion sirs but Avanza is on the top of my list now, dati eh Jazz and City, now Avanza sirs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    Sir GTi - very good analogy sir, I will take that into consideration, but isn't it too big for a first time driver sir?

Sir Renzo_d10 - sa akin sir ok lang exterior ng Avanza puwedeng pagandahin pero yung interior niya parang dull sir, isa pa sir naka usap ko yung isang taxi driver na Avanza ang gamit, medyo malakas daw po talaga sa gas sa city driving, eh 90% of the time nasa city lang ako sir, pero I'll test drive ko muna then kung maramdaman kong may connection kami eh I would settle for Avanza .

But ofcourse any other suggetion would be very welcome

Thank you so much sirs sa mga inputs, hope it would keep coming.
    Not really, the dimensions of the Innova are not very far off from a compact sedan. I practiced my driving skills as a beginner driver in a Toyota Revo. It has similar dimensions with the Innova. No sweat! Besides, with a diesel vehicle, you will still be spending less on fuel when compared to a gasoline powered car with similar or even slightly better gas mileage due to the 10 pesos or more per liter difference between diesel and gasoline fuel.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sir GTi - True enough sir, before I was also eyeing for diesel vehicles but the thing is that, most diesel vehicle cost much more than gasoline powered vehicle and for 550K I would only get 2005 and below models baka po marami ng sira yun and yung matitipid ko sa fuel eh baka po mapunta sa maintenance cost sir, for the gas vehicles I can get models as latest as 2010. I hope I'm correct with my assumption

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you're going to be driving regularly with some friends/relatives on weekends, then Avanza should be for you... Bagsak ang katawan ng Vios/City/Jazz pag nagsakay ka ng 2 sa likod... Plus, mas flexible ang Avanza sa dami ng pasahero mo....

I think Toyota A/Ts are still 4-speed(?),- so mas tipid sa gasolina ang 5 A/T ng City or Jazz.

What I am saying is that kung kayo lang dalawa ng (future) wife mo ang sakay almost all of the time and you are leaning towards fuel efficiency,- then go for City or Jazz.... Else,- go for the Avanza....

15.5K:boxing1:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    Hi Sir Renzo_d10,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

Honda City is one of my top pick sir, after Jazz, Avanza is a nice ride as well, kaso may nabasa ako sa ibang thread dito na yung Avanza eh tumirik daw po going up to Baguio sir, kaya medyo nakakakaba sir.

Quick question sir, ok lang po ba yung power ng 1.3 compare to 1.5? may nagsasabi sir na nag o-over heat daw po yun, sabi ng ibang taxi driver? and can it go to a far place kahit max ang sakay sir?
    May nabasa din ako before sa Avanza thread (ACP) na nabitin siya sa akyatan- but that is 1.3 and with 9 passengers... ??

If not , get a City since kukuha ka naman ng SUV after 5 years.

here are some ads from your choices*:
    * - These cars/ads are not mine, nag-search lang ako sa Sulit

(replace asterisks on links with sulit[dot]com[dot]ph )

2009 Avanza 1.5G AT Php580K

http://www.**************/index.php/...=Toyota+Avanza

2009 Avanza 1.5G AT Php545K
    http://www.**************/index.php/...=Toyota+Avanza

2009 Honda City 1.5e AT Php545K

http://www.**************/index.php/...+city+1+5+2009

2010 Honda City 1.5e AT Php558K
    http://www.**************/index.php/...+city+1+5+2009
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; May 4th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sulit links don't show up, hindi kasi pwede na yung links na ganyan dito.

CVT is right, if most of the time you're alone or with a companion then the Jazz/Vios/City will be the most suited car for you. Among the three, the Vios would be the cheapest to run any manong are familiar with the 2NZ-FE. So repairs shouldn't be a problem.

Also, are you looking for a 2nd hand car only? Your 550k could be used as a downpayment for a brand new car. If you want something that will give you a low monthly amortization then there's the Vios 1.3J or the Vios 1.3E which has, as of the moment, 55k discount. Bare & dull, yes. But atleast what you're driving is a brand new car.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sir CVT - I will be using the car 90% city driving with just me & one passenger sir, occasionally We'll be going out of town probably once every month or once every two months sir, actually Jazz or City was my first choice but Avanza is always on the back of my mind, that is why I'm having a hard time choosing and your recommendations sirs are really very helpfull, now I'm only down to City and Avanza.

KERSMcRae - thank you for the tip sir, every now and then I have been checking some websites such as Ayos dito, Sulit & OLX as well, but since I'll be buying a car this October pa sir baka bababa pa ang mga 2010 models kasi kinakabahan ako sa 2009 baka na ondoy sir.

renzo_d10 - ok sir ang Vios but ayaw ko sa Odometer niya sir, parang nakakalito sir or nakakapanibago lang and mas mataas sir ang re-sale value ng City or Jazz sir, ndi ko rin puwedeng tumaas pa limit ko kasi next year ikakasal ako that is my reason why I'm getting a car, so medyo tight ang budget sir

So it's down now to City and Avanza sirs.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Oh, okay. Congrats in advance sa wedding & new car!

Definitely mas gwapo yung City, it's okay for a small* quiet** family. Mas masarap pa iikot sa City kasi maliit lang. Else, Avanza talaga bagsak mo.

*small -- Husband, Wife, Kid, Yaya.
    **quiet -- If you're going out of town, kayo lang. Hindi kasama mga tita/tito, hipag/bayaw, biyenan etc.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    treat avanza the same as the vios, pinagkaiba lang yung trunk :-) since city driving at madalas isa lang passenger i would suggest a 1.3 engine. FC on my 3 year old vios is 12km/l pure city driving. 1.5 engine is recommended sa car kung madalas marami ka sakay otherwise stick with 1.3. i'd recommend a diesel kaso medyo mas mataas talaga price nun. i'd go for city 2009 and up.

don't worry about things na kung kaya ba umakyat ng baguio. motor nga kaya eh kotse pa.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Need advice from Tsikot Gurus (Best buy for 550K)