New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Are you agreeing to what he is saying that CVT is just for small vehicles? I guess your bias against CVT is just that bad that you will fuel any idea that defies it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just saying my opinion. CVT technology for me is not for heavy and powerful cars, atleast not yet as reliable as regular AT, i mean if you want peace of mind then i'd stay away weather its Aisin, Jatco, Borgwarner. Aisin had just recently added this 1st gear for launching a CVT but still i'm not convinced. To each his own.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Are you agreeing to what he is saying that CVT is just for small vehicles? I guess your bias against CVT is just that bad that you will fuel any idea that defies it.

You know my CVT qualms, bai. It's quite pro-dealership, anti-ownership....More maintenance, higher cost w/ it. Good when bought new. Good luck, when bought used. And when it goes, it'll mean a new tranny. I've seen too many failures to want 1.....& I'm not even talking numbness yet. True, it has its pluses....but far outweighed by its cons.
    I won't take anything against anyone who'd desire, have or defend them....I'd just opt stick & traditional AT over CVT, bai. Just me.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I think cvt will do fine.. but the question is how long? Especially when youre pulling load. Cvt are not yet used on diesel engines due to higher torque delivery of diesels on low revs
    Check engine outputs. Some Diesel engines make around 350Nm of torque which is about the same as turbo gas cars. Subaru’s turbo gas engines deliver that amount of torque over a wider rpm band (2k to 5k) plus much more peak power.

As for longevity, that is yet to be known. Older cars with CVT trannies (2000s era) are still running in our streets. If CVT is that bad, why are the Japanese keep using them? The Koreans are also following.

Back to the topic, layo na ng usapan. For me, the Innova is still hands down the best MPV in the country. No amount of marketing from Honda or Mitsubishi or Suzuki for their MPVs can outweigh the merits of the Innova.

Last edited by Egan101; May 19th, 2020 at 08:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Innova is undoubtedly the best MPV if budget permits, no debate there. But the new model grew bigger and more expensive than last gen which left a void in the ~1M MPV market. Carmakers filled it with models like the BR-V, Xpander, Ertiga.

Drivers especially ladies used to subcompact sedans will also find it easier adjusting to these smaller MPVs due to similar dimensions, ride quality, and steering weight.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    For me, the Innova is still hands down the best MPV in the country. No amount of marketing from Honda or Mitsubishi or Suzuki for their MPVs can outweigh the merits of the Innova.
    +1....long sold![emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I'd avoid the CVT.

CVT is for small cars not for people carrier like 7s MPV.

Get the trad stepped A/T.
    Nissan has taken way too long....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Innova is undoubtedly the best MPV if budget permits, no debate there. But the new model grew bigger and more expensive than last gen which left a void in the ~1M MPV market.
    it's not so bad.
    the 1 M innova J variant now has power locks and windows.
    steel rims nga lang.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's not so bad.
    steel rims nga lang.
    Standard na din ang ABS and 3 airbags..

And engine na mas malaki than the low to mid end fortuner.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Okay din ang Ertiga GL AT na 903k pesos. Tapos may discount. Pinaka sulit sa AT MPV.

Sakto lang sa size na hindi sobrang laki sa labas, pero ayos ang space sa loob. Maganda ang seating sa 3rd row compared sa Innova 3rd row.

Okay sa features. Lamang ng Ertiga GLX ay more toys at aesthetics.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's not so bad.
    steel rims nga lang.
    You have two engine options with the J model - a 2.0L gas or a 2.8L diesel. The gas will be cheaper to maintain but the diesel is thriftier on the pump.

If AT is a must, I guess a 200k premium is reasonable enough for the size, comfort, and cargo space that the Innova offers against other MPVs which are based off small car platforms.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast