hmm sa list parang good buy ang 97 vtec pre

(of course, on paper lang hhehe)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accord ako...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Even the digital odo readings can be tampered.

Do the math also; get the average yearly distance travelled by the car then try to fish from the owner/seller what the usual daily route is (work distance, school, etc). Usually less than 10K-12K a year and the car is 2nd owner or being sold by a "buy and sell", medyo duda na ako. IMO (this is just based sa observations ko), a typical car averages around 15K a year more or less.
    madaya pala ako ehehehehe! 30500km pa lang odo ng car ko, will be 4 years old next month.

pag sa used car ka bibili, expect the odo to be tampered. and inspect the car before you take it out of the car lot, baka may pinalitan na parts (battery, starter, alternator). buti pa pag nagbayad ka na ng reservation fee e open mo hood then lagyan mo ng signature using paint marker yung mga parts na madaling alisin. or put paper stickers that easily gets torn if it is removed.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok sana yung VTEC, pero baka mahirapan ka sa M/T pag traffic, unless gusto mo ng M/T, yung accord ok rin, magastos lang nga sa gas.

thanks for the comments guyz and salamat din sa mga advise sa odometer readings..is it true that honda vtecs have a hard time running uphill?

any comments on the mitsu glxi?

thanks!..city

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Honda VTECs are low on torque compared to the others, so you will really have to work on the revs to climb. We brought our Civic VTEC automatic to Baguio through Kennon, and we virtually needed to floor on the gas most of the time, and the rpms reached near 5000 occasionally. There were 4 of us on board. A high-torque, low rpm car will be much easier to bring to the top.

As for mileage, I pretty much don't consider it anymore since it can be manipulated. Like one person here said, buying cars with a casa record is less risky. There you somehow get facts about mileage and parts replacement/adjustment. If I were to buy, I'd focus more on the engine, suspension and interior wear and tear. Mileage is already trivial for me because there's more than just the numbers. Let's say you find a car with 100K and a similar one with 50K. But what if the 100K was on decent roads and moderate driving style, and the 50K was raced most of the time, or brought to really bad roads?

Given that mileage can be adjusted to comfort (of the seller), your best bet is the car's current condition aside from the casa record.

Hi Squala,

That was a very informative. I appreciate it very much. I initially wanted to get a vtec but your post changed my mind a bit...now i'm leaning more on toyota glis and mitsu glxis..but i havent made my final decision..i will soon get my check from the insurance who declared my 98 gli a total wreck....i just don't wanna make a wrong decision that's why i ask for comments and you guys are a big help really...

I'll be looking at a 98 A/T mitsu glxi this sunday....this is the reason i asked if anyone have something to say about this vehicle....baka kasi ma-attract ako bigla..baka mapabili agad ako....hehehe.

thanks,

city

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    thanks for the comments guyz and salamat din sa mga advise sa odometer readings..is it true that honda vtecs have a hard time running uphill?

thanks!..city
    To be more specific, SOHC VTEC is virtually powerless since they were designed with fuel consumption in mind. However, a B-series DOHC VTEC (B18 or B16 in paticular) won't have a tough time going uphill.

I once had a Civic EX 127hp SOHC VTEC* (Civic VTi model yat sa Pinas), kahit 15% uphill lang hirap na hirap na. Pedal to the metal para lang maka-akyat.

*SOHC VTEC yata is D-series engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    To be more specific, SOHC VTEC is virtually powerless since they were designed with fuel consumption in mind. However, a B-series DOHC VTEC (B18 or B16 in paticular) won't have a tough time going uphill.

I once had a Civic EX 127hp SOHC VTEC* (Civic VTi model yat sa Pinas), kahit 15% uphill lang hirap na hirap na. Pedal to the metal para lang maka-akyat.

*SOHC VTEC yata is D-series engine.

Thanks for your inputs Karding! Ano ba yan does this mean honda vtecs with SOHC are for city driving only?

city

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    Thanks for your inputs Karding! Ano ba yan does this mean honda vtecs with SOHC are for city driving only?

city
    pwede rin naman i-akyat ng baguio pero higher revs and lower gear para hindi ka mabitin Just dont expect a smooth climb, revs will be high. 3rd gear is your friend on SOHC VTEC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mileage Reading of for sale used cars