Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Innova over Rush any day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    i agree.
    kung hindi naman nagkakalayo presyo..
    i still prefer MT innova over AT.
    la lang.
    gusto lang.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 10th, 2019 at 11:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    I am for Innova.

pero dahil MU-X at RUSH pinagpipilian, i might go for the MU-X. Malaki na, diesel pa. pwede nang pang harabas. Sa 30k per year mileage average, kayang kaya niya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    OB, akala ko ba ayaw mo sa diesel? Eh may MUx ka naman pala.

Keep in character bro.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    anukaba, alam nga dito na lahat ng cars ko eh puros diesel

Wildtrak - Pickup
    Bluepower - PPV
    Santa Fe - Crossover

Kumpleto ko na lahat ng pangarap na diesel mid-size car CATEGORIES ng. Would be diesel aspiring owners. Lanat yan standard leather seats interior hihi

Galing no? nakuha ko lang sa utang yan and proper timing ng bayaran, kaya kung me gusto kayo utangin nyo kahit di nyo afford, basta yun gusto nyo

Sa question ng thread na to , rush vs mux. Mux na kung yun tibok ng puso, utangin na yun excess kesa naman magpapalit ka pa ulet kasi wala naman kwenta gasoline cars dito sa tin kahit ba Toyota pa yan

—-

Plano ko nga ipa bullet proof etong MuX ko pag tumagal sakin ng more than 15 years, wala lang trip lang kasi by that time mgs 50 something na ako, syempre dapat naka bullet proof diba, pero syempre by that time nakuha ko na din ang dream car ko na LC200. Labo no yun MUx naka bullet proof pero Lc hinde, eh yun lang kaya ng budget eh.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    No brainer, mux has the highest ground clearance and lowest cost of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Plano ko nga ipa bullet proof etong MuX ko pag tumagal sakin ng more than 15 years, wala lang trip lang kasi by that time mgs 50 something na ako, syempre dapat naka bullet proof diba, pero syempre by that time nakuha ko na din ang dream car ko na LC200. Labo no yun MUx naka bullet proof pero Lc hinde, eh yun lang kaya ng budget eh.
    Utangin mo din ang pangpa bulletproof

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

Utangin mo din ang pangpa bulletproof
    ma-approve kaya sa loan yun pag ganyan?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lutepea View Post
    Mas makakatipid kaya ako sir sa overall cost of ownership ng MU-X? 300k din kasi difference sa brand new price eh hehe. Pero iniisip ko po sir sa MU-X baka makatipid ako dahil sa lower fuel consumption at mas mura ng konti yung diesel. Hindi ko lang po alam sa maintenance kung ano mas mahal sa dalawa hehe.

Mukhang okay din yung Innova sir. Interested ako dun sa 2.8L engine hehe. Pero interests aside, worry ko lang po ng konti yung approach angle. Yung ground clearance mukhang okay naman for humps and pag akyat sa mga gutter. Pero pag reverse park sir sa mga inclined na parking spaces. Baka sumayad yung harapan kapag paalis na? Sa Fortuner kasi sir mga 2 inches lang yung allowance bago sumayad.
    Mga taxi sa Baguio halos puro Innova. Napapansin ko halos lahat sila nakalift ng konti. Taller springs perhaps? But still does not stop them from buying, meaning pasado na sa kanila ang height. This is also worth considering since you get more interior space than the Fortuner, with the same platform and an even better engine than the 4x2 Fortuner, with lesser maintenance cost in the form of much cheaper tires, which should be quite significant for you since you plan to rack up lots of mileage quickly.

Between the two, MUX na ako. Won't expect the Rush to do better than 7km/L, P10-12/L more expensive pa ang gasolina. The MUX 1.9 will surely do better than 7km/L, with potential to double, or even triple in highway driving, with fuel that is P10-12/L cheaper. Routine maintenance cost difference will not be as significant since it is done only once every few months at most. Though the RZ4E is a relatively new engine, since the MUX/D-Max are volume sellers, I would expect that by the time it retires to the province, mechanics would already be very familiar with it.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    are you rooting for the rush, or the mux?

diesels are built more robustly, because of the higher pressures and temperatures involved in their operation.
    as such, parts don't seem to wear out as fast as one might believe.
    also, diesels tend to give more km/peso than gas engined-cars, partly because diesel fuel is cheaper than gasoline.

one dis-advantage of diesel maintenance, is that they usually need more oil.

but hey! one can't argue against the 200K peso difference!
    while some folks look at the longer-range picture, others might be more mindful of the shorter course.

then, there's garage space.
    if you don't have a big garage, don't buy a big car, lest you end up parking it overnight on the street.
    ...don't have a garage? ...what can i say!

a real test-drive would be nice.
    Between his choices, im partial to the rush doc. Diesels are indeed built more robustly, not because they want to make them tougher, but as you said, because the design parameters warrants it i.e. higher pressures and temps. Of course a gasoline engine could be built heavier but to what end - when it is not required. May penalty pa sa weight if ever so liability pa. Bottomline for me, engines are designed for the intended purpose, so one is not inherently tougher just because - diesel.

My 2c.

Rush wins hands down sa safety. If the TS intends to transport his family regularly at highway speeds (deducing from the 30k annually he expects to travel..i dont think city driving yan), then the added airbags are a boon. Kung mag.isa lang lagi, di issue ito since may driver airbag naman both vehicles. May abs ba ang base model mux? Wala ata iirc.

Both vehicles are built very similarly. Rwd. Independent front, solid rear axles. Coil suspension. High ground clearance. 7 seats. Etc. Major difference is the powerplant. The nr-series engine of the rush is no slouch naman kung tibay lang. Timing chain na din naman. The rz4e is heavily dependent on the turbo, and the higher pressures and temps mentioned above takes its toll in the long run. Spark plugs are definitely more cheaper than injectors if they need replacing. The simpler gas engine would be easier to maintain a decade or more down the line imho.

Power to weight, it favors the rush. 104ps. 136nm. 1150 kg...yung mux 150ps. 350nm. 2650kg. That's more than double the weight, but with only 40+ps more. Diesel has, of course, more pull. And since you have to rev the gas engine to get the power, it feels more 'anemic' despite probably very close acceleration numbers. When fully loaded though, the rush would certainly 'feel' it more since the added 300-400kg is 1)already 1/3 of its weight and 2)lower torque. If personal car (hindi naman siguri to school bus or uv express na 7 pax all the time), di major factor yan. Otherwise, wise option ang mux kung loaded lagi because of the extra torque.

Then the elephant in the room, cost. 300k outright difference. If he chooses to finance it, roughly the same difference. One kind tsikiteer computed for us na break even siguro more or less 3-5yrs assuming the TS didn't overestimate his 20-30k annual kms. Less mileage favors the rush. More use favors the diesel mux.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Between his choices, im partial to the rush doc. Diesels are indeed built more robustly, not because they want to make them tougher, but as you said, because the design parameters warrants it i.e. higher pressures and temps. Of course a gasoline engine could be built heavier but to what end - when it is not required. May penalty pa sa weight if ever so liability pa. Bottomline for me, engines are designed for the intended purpose, so one is not inherently tougher just because - diesel.

My 2c.

Rush wins hands down sa safety. If the TS intends to transport his family regularly at highway speeds (deducing from the 30k annually he expects to travel..i dont think city driving yan), then the added airbags are a boon. Kung mag.isa lang lagi, di issue ito since may driver airbag naman both vehicles. May abs ba ang base model mux? Wala ata iirc.

Both vehicles are built very similarly. Rwd. Independent front, solid rear axles. Coil suspension. High ground clearance. 7 seats. Etc. Major difference is the powerplant. The nr-series engine of the rush is no slouch naman kung tibay lang. Timing chain na din naman. The rz4e is heavily dependent on the turbo, and the higher pressures and temps mentioned above takes its toll in the long run. Spark plugs are definitely more cheaper than injectors if they need replacing. The simpler gas engine would be easier to maintain a decade or more down the line imho.

Power to weight, it favors the rush. 104ps. 136nm. 1150 kg...yung mux 150ps. 350nm. 2650kg. That's more than double the weight, but with only 40+ps more. Diesel has, of course, more pull. And since you have to rev the gas engine to get the power, it feels more 'anemic' despite probably very close acceleration numbers. When fully loaded though, the rush would certainly 'feel' it more since the added 300-400kg is 1)already 1/3 of its weight and 2)lower torque. If personal car (hindi naman siguri to school bus or uv express na 7 pax all the time), di major factor yan. Otherwise, wise option ang mux kung loaded lagi because of the extra torque.

Then the elephant in the room, cost. 300k outright difference. If he chooses to finance it, roughly the same difference. One kind tsikiteer computed for us na break even siguro more or less 3-5yrs assuming the TS didn't overestimate his 20-30k annual kms. Less mileage favors the rush. More use favors the diesel mux.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

ganda nang input sir.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Rush, 8.2 Km/Liter pinaka mababa ko. About 14++ Km/Liter sa TPLEX. Where do you guys getting the 6 Km/L? I can't comment on Mu-X because I haven't driven one.

Pero I have the impression na work-horse ang mga Diesel. Depende na siguro sa lifestyle na gusto ninyo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast