New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A full-optioned Kia Sorento 2.2 Re-VGT is my bet.

Those from the grey market are better kitted AFAIK.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get the Sorento 2.2 R-eVGT with a manual tranny. Performance + good fuel efficiency.

Then just spend the rest of the money into mods. Maybe change the rims and swap some trims here & there.

The Explorer is undeniably great. But if you factor FC, then 4-5km/L on the city... gas! might not be something that you'd want.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Take another look and have a test drive on that Forester XT.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    explorer would fit your bill

the eco boost would do 7-9 km per liter that's cheap already since our mpv gas feed also does the same

the 3.6(?) would go as same as the cx9 (in terms of fuel economy)but way faster compered to the eco boost

diesel- only sta fe is in the same class as the cx9 and explorer

other good diesel

montero- value for money regardless of the defractors but just be ready since it's already common(i see it as a good thing, availability of spare parts after the warranty period)
    traiblazer- long waiting line the best of the current
    fortunner- still bumpy but not as bumpy like the first gen

2CENTS - if i were you since you wanted a crew cab(pick up) all along i would just wait till next year for the launch of the all new isuzu pick up and the all new strada- good things comes to those who wait ika nga nila

so wait it out magnonormalize din yung supply ng ford and while waiting baka makatsamaba ka sa mga all new models ng ibang bran

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethinker View Post
    Thanks Egan. It's actually not a bad looking car, the CX9. Just looked at it on their site. I'm not excited about the engine size but I'll swing by the dealer tomorrow to check it out. Funny you mention the number of seaters. It's really just going to be me and my GF for the most part... family here and there, on occasions I get asked to drive someone. I do need the luggage space though. One thing I should note not liking so much about the F XT is its size and height. I've gotten used to having good ground clearance and above-traffic-sight.
    i have an explorer limited and used to have a forester, honestly the forester has better ground clearance. well for a crossover i think the forester has the best ground clearance. the FXT is a pretty damn powerful crossover, probably the best in it's class when it comes to performance. anyway for 2M price range there are lots of SUV's available right now in the market, i suggest going to all casa's and test driving them all.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Forester xt or cx9 for me.

Posted from my iPhone

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have both the v6 explorer and just recently got the new Forester XT. The xt is big inside for a 5 seater. Has about 10cm more rear legroom than the previous model. More greenhouse, better doors, solid feeling, etc. It is a nice and easy car to drive. Doesnt feel that big. And it has the power too when you need it. It just doesnt have the kick of the older model...

After driving it back to back with my trailblazer, i never want to drive my diesel suv again hehe. Night and day difference in terms of comfort and handling. So if youre thinking of getting a fortuner (which the trailblazer will trounce) i would reco the Forester instead. Gas consumption is about 6-7km/liter city driving. Thats where the trailblazer beats it.

As for the explorer its big, got all the toys, macho, good looking. But because it is big, dont expect to get too much driving fun out of it.

In effect.... If you dont need 7 seats then get the forester turbo..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by EQAddict; May 25th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thanks everyone!
    Any issues with grey market cars? For one, I know they dont carry a warranty. Ive also heard of people having "legal" issues... Any truth to this?
    I definitely will give the XT another look. Not sure if I mentioned this but the one I checked out at the dealer here in CDO was the base model so it definitely deserves a second look. I'll arrange a test drive when I fly out this week.
    I honestly have no use for a truck. The specs and the idea a having a toy kind of pushed me to it, as irrational as that sounds.
    I think I'd be fine with 7-9km/l. Any of you guys with explorers getting the same numbers? Im also curious as to what kind of driving it would take to get such good mileage. I'm not one to play on the road too often, if at all, but I dont want to be impractically light on the pedal either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12