New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hello Sirs,

Need help/inputs please

Posted an article here a few weeks back asking advice on the pre-owned innova - nagaantay na lang sana ako ng good deal to come up but may nakita kasi ako online that made me rethink my plan.

Between the innova 2nd gen - G variant - MT diesel <VS> crv - 4th gen - 2.0 MT gas

Which is the better choice considering the following:
    a.) fuel efficiency - once to twice a week lang magagamit for city driving, and most of the time it's during the weekends (Sunday) so traffic isn't that heavy
    - once every quarter, long drives to the province - launion/baguio/quezon/bicol etc - revenge travel dahil sa nawalang oras due to pandemic

b.) maintenance - which one would be less costly to maintain? i'm a little worried with the crv kasi i can't find a lot of articles regarding the MT - in my mind tuloy it'll be more costly kasi hindi ganon ka-common, which translates to parts being more difficult to source?

c.) comfort - i have 2 kids, yung isa nagsusuka sa long drives. kahit pa-antipolo/taytay lang nahihilo na. wife will also have to sit on the second row kasi the youngest will not stop crying unless katabi yung mama nya. i had a jazz before, and nahihilo na si mrs when she stays in the second row for extended periods.

Looking forward to your inputs, Sirs

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sepskee View Post
    Hello Sirs,

Need help/inputs please

Posted an article here a few weeks back asking advice on the pre-owned innova - nagaantay na lang sana ako ng good deal to come up but may nakita kasi ako online that made me rethink my plan.

Between the innova 2nd gen - G variant - MT diesel <VS> crv - 4th gen - 2.0 MT gas

a.) fuel efficiency - once to twice a week lang magagamit for city driving, and most of the time it's during the weekends (Sunday) so traffic isn't that heavy
    - once every quarter, long drives to the province - launion/baguio/quezon/bicol etc - revenge travel dahil sa nawalang oras due to pandemic

b.) maintenance - which one would be less costly to maintain? i'm a little worried with the crv kasi i can't find a lot of articles regarding the MT - in my mind tuloy it'll be more costly kasi hindi ganon ka-common, which translates to parts being more difficult to source?

c.) comfort - i have 2 kids, yung isa nagsusuka sa long drives. kahit pa-antipolo/taytay lang nahihilo na. wife will also have to sit on the second row kasi the youngest will not stop crying unless katabi yung mama nya. i had a jazz before, and nahihilo na si mrs when she stays in the second row for extended periods.

i do not know what your 2nd gen innova diesel is, whether it is the 2.5 or the 2.8 . but if it is the 2.5 engine... read on!

a. my 2.5 innova MT gives me 9-10 km/li in the city and 13 km/li on the highway. i daresay, you'll probably spend less for fuel, on a diesel-engined car than a gasoline-engined car.

b. maintenance. again, if it is the 2.5, "except for the change oil and oil filter every 5000 km, and the other air filters, there's nothing to maintain." well, except for the alternator pulley that has this habit of needing replacement every 100K km or so... lazada sells the DIY part for less than 1.5K bucks. i had mine repaired for 5.5 bucks last week, in banawe. parts sourcing? nobody beats toyota, bar none. if banawe doesn't have it, casa will, but at their regular inflated prices. but hey! it IS easily available.

c. comfort? the sedan beats 'em all. in spirited driving along a not-so-cooperative road, the driver might feel comfortable, driving the MPV, SUV, or other similar car. but the second row passengers aren't so comfortable in them. of course, on a straight, smooth road, with a conscientious driver at the wheel, all vehicles are comfortable. if wifey gets hilo in the jazz, she will probably get hilo also, in the innova or the crv. you might consider the humongous ford land yacht SUVs, but that's another story.

happy buying.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 21st, 2021 at 09:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks, Doc!

on fuel efficiency: i'm considering the 2.8 engine for innova. so if 2.8MT diesel as compared to 2.0MT gas i'm guessing konti na lang yung edge ni innova as opposed to crv since mas magaan ang kaha ni crv? i dunno .. but in any case i guess advantage nga would still be with the diesel engine here in terms of fuel cost - but in my mind baka di na rin ganon kalaki yung difference.

on comfort: point taken on the jazz .. kung nahilo na sya don, malamang mahihilo rin sya sa crv. pero basing on the other entries i've read here in the forum, mas mararamdaman mo yung "comfort" nung innova if it's fully loaded because it was built to haul people/stuff. since di naman ako maghahakot ng gamit or magsasakay ng maraming tao, i guess the crv will win here in terms of comfort.

on maintenance: mejo dito na ako napaisip - if change oil and filter si innova every 5000 km, parang deal breaker na sya for me. nasanay na rin ako sa mga honda ko before na every 10000KM lang ang servicing. not to mention hindi ganon ka-free yung schedule ko na basta basta lang makakapunta ng casa on the weekdays. weekends ko naman i would rather spend it with family than going to have the car maintained.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

on maintenance: mejo dito na ako napaisip - if change oil and filter si innova every 5000 km, parang deal breaker na sya for me. nasanay na rin ako sa mga honda ko before na every 10000KM lang ang servicing. not to mention hindi ganon ka-free yung schedule ko na basta basta lang makakapunta ng casa on the weekdays. weekends ko naman i would rather spend it with family than going to have the car maintained.
    doing pms (oil change) in the casa is a pain.
    that's why i have mine done in the friendly hecho-derecho gas station. half the price, no pre-arranged scheduling, and all done in less than an hour.
    of course i do this after the 3 year warranty.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ----------------------------------------
    Last edited by jresperanza; November 22nd, 2021 at 03:24 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hello Sirs,

Need help/inputs please

a. once or twice a week lang magagamit and for city driving lang tapos weekend pa tapos 1 every quarter long drive??? gasoline engine ang nababagay sa iyo, di mo mababawi ang cost ng diesel engine at maintenance sa short trips mo

b. may source ka nyan problematic MT? tried and tested na ang manual transmission, baka AT ang nabasa mo may problema?

c. i have 3rd gen 2.4L AWD CR-V AT and 2021 innova E 2.8L DSL AT, mas comfortable ako sa CR-V, yun lang innova gamit ko kase may comprehensive insurance siya paid by the company...

ano yan JAZZ mo? MT or AT? kase kung MT baka sa shifting mo nahihilo???

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    how much is the average price range of both cars?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    a. once or twice a week lang magagamit and for city driving lang tapos weekend pa tapos 1 every quarter long drive??? gasoline engine ang nababagay sa iyo, di mo mababawi ang cost ng diesel engine at maintenance sa short trips mo

b. may source ka nyan problematic MT? tried and tested na ang manual transmission, baka AT ang nabasa mo may problema?

c. i have 3rd gen 2.4L AWD CR-V AT and 2021 innova E 2.8L DSL AT, mas comfortable ako sa CR-V, yun lang innova gamit ko kase may comprehensive insurance siya paid by the company...

ano yan JAZZ mo? MT or AT? kase kung MT baka sa shifting mo nahihilo???

Thanks, sir jresperanza!

>> yup, tried and tested si manual which is why sya yung balak ko kunin. yung iniisip ko na maintenance item is not specific on the transmission (although i understand na yun ang naisip nyo kasi binanggit ko yung "MT" doon sa original message). yung question ko is on the unit overall, if madali sya mahanapan ng parts if may mag-breakdown. sa pagkakaalam ko kasi, relatively "rare" ang mga manual transmission na CRVs, karamihan nyan AT. so based on that "rarity" naisip ko lang baka mahirapan ako maghanap ng piyesa down the line.

but since naopen up na rin naman na yung topic regarding transmission, magtanong na rin ako. kung may masira man sa transmission na kelangan ikumpuni/ikumpune(?) in the future .. since manual transmission naman sya, i guess interchangeable yung parts ng CRV MT with the other MT models in the honda line-up. I am basing this statement on my limited knowledge regarding transmissions - generally speaking, parepareho lang ang piyesa ng manual transmission assembly from within the different honda models - please correct me if i am wrong hehe

but if you tell me na yung MT components netong CRV is specific for the CRV alone .. na i can't use the same components coming from other honda models using MT .. then ayun, baka nga magkaproblema ako on sourcing in the future.

regarding the jazz .. CVT po yung akin, so smooth ang drive + the fact na magaan lang ang paa ko sa silinyador heheh

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    how much is the average price range of both cars?
    CRV 4th gen ranging 550-700K
    Innova 2nd gen - G variant - diesel MT ranging 700-900K

.. patapos na 2021 .. malamang sa malamang minus 50K to more or less pagdating 2022 (sana)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    then agree ako kay *jresperanza

200K worth of Petrol, di mo na mababawi yan not unless matulog ka sa loob ng car na naka-A/C (very dangerous for Petrol engines)

Only benefit I can see buying an Innova is that its a current gen (IMO, looks better than the previous gen)
    and that its easier to sell

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast