New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sepskee View Post
    Hello Sirs,

Need help/inputs please

Posted an article here a few weeks back asking advice on the pre-owned innova - nagaantay na lang sana ako ng good deal to come up but may nakita kasi ako online that made me rethink my plan.

Between the innova 2nd gen - G variant - MT diesel <VS> crv - 4th gen - 2.0 MT gas

Which is the better choice considering the following:
    a.) fuel efficiency - once to twice a week lang magagamit for city driving, and most of the time it's during the weekends (Sunday) so traffic isn't that heavy
    - once every quarter, long drives to the province - launion/baguio/quezon/bicol etc - revenge travel dahil sa nawalang oras due to pandemic

b.) maintenance - which one would be less costly to maintain? i'm a little worried with the crv kasi i can't find a lot of articles regarding the MT - in my mind tuloy it'll be more costly kasi hindi ganon ka-common, which translates to parts being more difficult to source?

c.) comfort - i have 2 kids, yung isa nagsusuka sa long drives. kahit pa-antipolo/taytay lang nahihilo na. wife will also have to sit on the second row kasi the youngest will not stop crying unless katabi yung mama nya. i had a jazz before, and nahihilo na si mrs when she stays in the second row for extended periods.

Looking forward to your inputs, Sirs
    No amount of vehicle comfort will lessen motion sickness. Trust me . . .I had that since I was a kid . . . the only thing that prevented me from vomiting is the gush of air on my face....I still have a bit of motion sickness that is why I prefer to drive than to be a passenger . . . sa banka o barko lang ako halos walang motion sickness which I find a bit ironic...

Having said that, I own an Innova Diesel 2.5 (2013). Almost zero maintenance vehicle as mentioned by one of the replies. But we chose this because I tend to load a lot of stuff . . I buy angle bars (20ft), plywood (8ft), metal tubes (20ft) and I put it all on top on a roof rack....So it boils down to what your needs are...it seems you need the CRV due to the comfort needed by your family...so get that one

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sepskee View Post
    c.) comfort - i have 2 kids, yung isa nagsusuka sa long drives. kahit pa-antipolo/taytay lang nahihilo na. wife will also have to sit on the second row kasi the youngest will not stop crying unless katabi yung mama nya. i had a jazz before, and nahihilo na si mrs when she stays in the second row for extended periods.
    Almost a decade ago now I accompanied my dad to see a a doctor specializing in vertigo. He was getting experiencing vertigo, getting dizziness and nausea when doing sudden head movements or when riding a car. He was regularly chauffeured by a driver.

I still remember some of what the good doc said. Aside from age-related changes to the inner ear, there's also the factor of the inner ear not matching sensory input felt by the body and visual stimuli from the eyes. He stopped using a driver and started driving for himself, which lead to the condition pretty much going away.

I think this was a big factor. It's like the way some people get motion sickness when playing first person games, because the visual stimuli they get from walking and running around in-game doesn't match the sensation reported by the inner ear which tells the brain you're just sitting still in a chair.

Maybe seat the carsick kid in front (is this still legal to do?) and have him watch the road?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    looking into the distance is an age-old fix against travel vertigo and such.

also, motion sickness pills probably also help.

truly, not all men (and women) are created equal.

and,
    if i may,
    have a check-up with the eye doctor?
    for justin.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 24th, 2021 at 10:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I would avoid the Innova. The cabin vibration from the diesel engine is extremely uncomfortable.
    kahit yung pinakabulok na 2KD innova na nasakyan ko was never "extremely uncomfortable", much more the 1GD is more refined. either troll or lumaking sumasakay lang sa air suspension

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    kahit yung pinakabulok na 2KD innova na nasakyan ko was never "extremely uncomfortable", much more the 1GD is more refined. either troll or lumaking sumasakay lang sa air suspension
    a sedan is probably a better choice, passenger comfort-while-moving-wise.
    kasi, the lower to the ground, the less the lateral movement.

trigonometry rules.
    side-to-side movement increases proportionately, as height increases.

i'm thinking of selling the innova.
    looking around for a sedan replacement,
    it looks like only the camry (or accord) will satisfy my need for space...
    pre-owned, po. mahal brand new.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 24th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    If still can't decide to the Innova, just wait for the upcoming all new Avanza.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Almost a decade ago now I accompanied my dad to see a a doctor specializing in vertigo. He was getting experiencing vertigo, getting dizziness and nausea when doing sudden head movements or when riding a car. He was regularly chauffeured by a driver.

I still remember some of what the good doc said. Aside from age-related changes to the inner ear, there's also the factor of the inner ear not matching sensory input felt by the body and visual stimuli from the eyes. He stopped using a driver and started driving for himself, which lead to the condition pretty much going away.

I think this was a big factor. It's like the way some people get motion sickness when playing first person games, because the visual stimuli they get from walking and running around in-game doesn't match the sensation reported by the inner ear which tells the brain you're just sitting still in a chair.

Maybe seat the carsick kid in front (is this still legal to do?) and have him watch the road?

i had vertigo a few years ago. went to dr youtube and i did the epley maneuver all by myself WARNING not for the faint of heart LOL

the vertigo never came back

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

True on this doc.
    i have the same dizziness on 1st person shooters.
    Sitting in the front might help alleviate the car sickness.
    Also rear or side facing seats doesn't eliminate the vertigo and it even makes it worst for me.
    i remember taking road trip to Las Vegas in a Minivan in which you can move the last row seats to face the back. it made my vertigo worst, moving to the front or the 2nd row made it better.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    i have the 2021 innova E AT, bouncy siya 33/33 psi w/ 2 passenger, 33/36psi full passenger ganun din. feeling ko di umaandar ang front passenger side shock absorber, dalin ko ba sa casa para mapatignan? sorry visual check lang sila, wala sila digital suspension tester...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a sedan is probably a better choice, passenger comfort-while-moving-wise.
    kasi, the lower to the ground, the less the lateral movement.

trigonometry rules.
    side-to-side movement increases proportionately, as height increases.

i'm thinking of selling the innova.
    looking around for a sedan replacement,
    it looks like only the camry (or accord) will satisfy my need for space...
    pre-owned, po. mahal brand new.
    you sure you want to go back to a sedan? i remember ang sarap sumakay sa 7th gen 2002 honda accord kase lambot ng suspension pero ngayon panahon eh ayaw ko na bumalik sa sedan kase di naman sumusunod sa standards yung gumagawa ng speed bump/humps

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast