New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hello Tsikoteers,

We are planning to buy a new car. My family likes the Innova 2.0 G VVT-i, MT while I prefer Vios 1.5 G AT. Which one would you recommend?

Factors applicable to our purpose for the car:

1. Small family only so Vios would be enough.
    2. Daily route 50% NLEX-EDSA, 50% Bulacan provincial roads (potholes, hard packed earth, gravel, etc...) which would seem to favor the bigger Innova
    3. Fuel mileage favors the Vios
    4. Occassional flood during typhoon season favors the Innova. Ground clearance also favors the Innova when passing over those abnormally high humps from hell (who makes them?)
    5. Ease of driving favors the Vios since its already AT
    6. Risk of "Innova VVT-i Gas Tank Woes" appears to be irrelevant in the Vios.
    7. Interior of the Innova VVT-i G biege is fantastic (might be tough to clean during rainy season though) while dark-gray for the Vios appeals just fine
    8. Shock absorption (isulation and dissipation) which is VERY important for me seems to favor the Innova. For this reason alone, I love the Honda Civic. Mybrother has the 2011, 1.8S model which I've driven. It rolls through potholes like they don't exist! But I also like the Vios because it exhibits this quality to a degree. I haven't driven the Vios or the Innova for any length of time to determine which one is more suited for me. However, my standard for this would be the Civic's.
    9. I can get a good deal on a 2011 Innova due to the present aggressive promotions as the facelifted Innova 2012 will be introduced in February in Boracay. The Vios promo isn't bad either.
    10. Ease of maintenance is also a big factor for us. We will be buying this car with the intention of keeping it for as long as we can, and not to sell it after five years or so.

I know one is more expensive than the other. But that doesn't mean I wanted to splurge just because the budget would allow. Any savings I can squeeze will be used on other pressing family needs. Diesel is out of the question, as well as other brands (yes even the Civic=). We have narrowed it down to these two. Any more choices and the wife is just about ready to string me to death (pa bagu-bago daw ang isip ko, hehe) so just these two.

These may also be illogical or ridiculous choices for some of you but if possible, try and put yourself in my shoes and kindly state your opinions which would you prefer and why.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Innova seems more favorable basing on your conditions.

Personally, when travelling through big open roads such as freeways I tend to prefer more larger vehicles which in this case the Innova.

And I really find the interior plastics of the Vios ( even the G ) cheap-looking compared to that of the Innovas.

Lastly, I will find peace when I buy the Innova since if ever I will go for the Vios I'm pretty sure that wifey would comment a lot about it wherein as for the Innova, she will just shut up and enjoy what's being offered. Hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I would go with the Innova, sir.

But if you're considering the Vios, why not get the Civic since you like it too?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From your inputs, looks like the Innova seems to be best fit for your use. Since you'll be on the highway a good lot, the FC wont really be much of a problem.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Looking at your requirements, siguro 1.5L Avanza nalang kuha mo. Especially now that the new model has come out na mas mukhang maangas na. It would be better to use that one on the harsh roads in Bulacan due to the stronger underpinnings and higher ground clearance. And then it has more space with still favorable gas mileage.

Stay away from the gasoline Innova. I find it slightly underpowered, gas mileage is pretty dismal too. Kung Innova, diesel kuha mo. Its fast and economical. Kung di kaya brand new, marami diyang 2nd hand na 2010 or early 2011 na pwedeng ipagpilian.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    We have actually already considered the Avanza and D4D Innova and decided on just the two options above. Still when you hear them being suggested by someone else, mapapa-isip ka ulit, hehe.

I have given myself until tomorrow to decide which vehicle to pick. I will update this thread within the week.

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, pero valid naman ang reasons ko diba? Can you tell us why you decided on the Vios 1.5G and VVTi Innova?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes, pero valid naman ang reasons ko diba? Can you tell us why you decided on the Vios 1.5G and VVTi Innova?
    Huwag mo na tanungin, basta yung dalawa lang.

--

So yun, Innova pa rin ang choice ko. Hehe. Goodluck TS.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hehehe~ Wala lang... Baka lang may nakulangang iconsider si TS. At pwede niya ipag-isipan ang 2nd hand na Innova D4D A/T kung medyo kapos siya sa budget, since it would seem that the TS favors matics. And the diesel is really punchy and almost as fuel efficient as the Crosswind. Kung titingnan natin pasok siya sa lahat ng criteria ni TS.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Based on our requirements, we thought about which small car or which big car can meet them.

For the "big car" choices we considered the following: strada, d-max, hilux, innovas (all variants in G and E), even escape and tucson (hey, dreaming is free=) For the "small car"choices we had: honda city, vios, altis, elantra, accent, focus, fiesta, avanza and jazz.

It didn't take long before many of these were dropped, especially the pickups since they're out of our budget range. Next to go were accent, elantra, ford models and the diesel innova variants.

Finally we're down to just these two: Innova VVT-i G MT and Vios G AT 1.5. Much of the result of the selection has to do with Toyota's big discounts for the innova and the vios also. In fact when I walked into the Toyota showroom in Balintawak I brought with me a newspaper showing such promo and I used it as leverage to get a good quotation, a guided tour of the new avanza (it's really good looking!)- and free drinks, nyeheheh.
    Last edited by CtrlAltDel; January 25th, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Innova 2.0 G VVT-i MT or Vios 1.5 G VVT-i AT?