New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious... everyone suggests bringing a "trusted mechanic"..
    but where does one get a trusted mechanic, when you're a noobie whose knowledge of mechanics, and trusted ones at that, is just about as much as guessing what the next lotto number winner is going to be...?
    is there such a thing as a stable of " trusted mechanics are us" or "noobie's trusted mechanics for hire", that the hapless noobie can contact?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    2008 glx model, 100K mileage, 5+ years running, PhP 325K. it so happened na ang dala kong trusted mekaniko ay nagwowork dun sa mismong talyer kung saan dun pala naka PMS ang sasakyan so aside from actual checking, may access kami sa records nun (without the knowledge of the seller incharge). sabi nya ok naman ang unit. good buy sya and sa history nun eh aside sa PMS, pinalitan ang aircon (evaporator ata ang tawag), last year lang bago ibenta. I can say na trusted sya since sya ang mekaniko ng landlady namin for 10years. sya rin nagdiagnose and nagrecommend bilhin yung car nila. sya na rin nagmamaintain up to now and maganda naman ang feedback.
    now, that's lucky!
    Last edited by dr. d; January 25th, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^ bingo...parang naka-jackpot na rin sya sa lotto!!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious... everyone suggests bringing a "trusted mechanic"..
    but where does one get a trusted mechanic, when you're a noobie whose knowledge of mechanics, and trusted ones at that, is just about as much as guessing what the next lotto number winner is going to be...?
    is there such a thing as a stable of " trusted mechanics are us" or "noobie's trusted mechanics for hire", that the hapless noobie can contact?
    onga. pero i think kung wala ka talagang kakilala, hingi ka na lang ng tulong sa trusted friend mo na may sasakyan. most probably meron din talaga silang "trusted" mechanic.

ang kinatatakot ko lang dun sa sasakyan na bibilhin is baka magsilabasan ang sira later on pag ako na gumagamit. haha. sana hindi mangyari though maingat naman ako sa gamit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Risks come with buying a 2nd hand car that's why I always target repo units first as there are "lucky finds" where one can hit a jackpot. It is my job as a non-expert to find ways to determine the integrity of the car I am interested in. No one can assure me the lottery winnings but for sure I can decide to gamble if I am feeling lucky enough. If one can afford a brand new unit w/ warranty then that should be his prime goal. For people with no other option than a 2nd hand car be it budgetary reason or preference then they just need to exert extra effort to get their ideal car. Even brand new buyers face risks like 2nd hand buyers. You should hear the horror stories of people having a hard time claiming their warranties from their dealers for the brand new lemon they got. These trusting souls didn't have any clue whatsoever about cars but bought them on the premise that brand new units do not have issues.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    2008 glx model, 100K mileage, 5+ years running, PhP 325K. it so happened na ang dala kong trusted mekaniko ay nagwowork dun sa mismong talyer kung saan dun pala naka PMS ang sasakyan so aside from actual checking, may access kami sa records nun (without the knowledge of the seller incharge). sabi nya ok naman ang unit. good buy sya and sa history nun eh aside sa PMS, pinalitan ang aircon (evaporator ata ang tawag), last year lang bago ibenta. I can say na trusted sya since sya ang mekaniko ng landlady namin for 10years. sya rin nagdiagnose and nagrecommend bilhin yung car nila. sya na rin nagmamaintain up to now and maganda naman ang feedback.
    2008 Strada for just 325k? Sobrang palugi ang pagbenta ah. Bingong bingo ka bro kung talagang walang problema ang sasakyan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345