New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yes pms ng accent is 1-2k more than the city pero you'll feel that twice a year. unlike the city na every week ramdam mo gastos everytime na magpagas ka vs. the accent na twice a month

Sent from Constantinople

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vtec baby yo! Hooooooooooooon-daaaah!
    Well if you don't mind needing to go over 3000 rpm just to go over a little hump, yeah why not.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Best choice for the long run..

HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.6L E 6SPD MT CRDI VGT TURBO (SEDAN) - PHP 728,000.00

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Salamat uli sa lahat ng suggestions/inputs/comments lalo na sa gas-diesel question ko. ang hirap mag-decide which to choose. ang sure palang is that automatic ang kukunin ko since MT na yung family car namin and ayoko mag-drive ng MT daily with the traffic.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Well if you don't mind needing to go over 3000 rpm just to go over a little hump, yeah why not.
    Same observation by my wife when she drove her friend's 1.3 city. She's asking parang ang hina humatak. Need pa daw nya diinanan maigi yung gas pedal. Hahatak lang pag galit na ang makina.

I told her ganun yata talaga ang behavior ng engine ng honda (high revving).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Same observation by my wife when she drove her friend's 1.3 city. She's asking parang ang hina humatak. Need pa daw nya diinanan maigi yung gas pedal. Hahatak lang pag galit na ang makina.

I told her ganun yata talaga ang behavior ng engine ng honda (high revving).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    To temper expectations, our old Civic EK 1.6 wasn't like this (well, granted exagg/joke yung 3k rpm :P) and I'm thinking newer hondas now have a lot more low end torque than the older models.

With that said, if you often seat people at the back, my personal opinion is City > Vios > Mirage

Fuel Consumption wise, I'd think it will be Mirage (courtesy of the 3 cyl engine) > Vios > City.

Overall, I might just go with the Vios. There's a reason why there are hundreds of these cars in Manila.

Runner up for me: City. Feels a little more upscale than a subcompact car, if you can swallow the price difference.

**Note: I'm just not a big fan on current level quality of Korean cars and level of service for dealerships at this point.
    Last edited by mda; June 25th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go for the Accent diesel. Maintenance cost is not that much higher, especially for the first 100tkms. For the most part, you just buy an extra jug of motor oil, once every few months depending on how much you travel. Not to mention talo ang City 1.5 in both horsepower and torque. Stop and go traffic is where the diesel economy shines. I highly doubt that the City 1.5 would still be able to do 10km/L in horrid bumper to bumper rush hour Edsa traffic.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go for the Accent diesel. Maintenance cost is not that much higher, especially for the first 100tkms. For the most part, you just buy an extra jug of motor oil, once every few months depending on how much you travel. Not to mention talo ang City 1.5 in both horsepower and torque. Stop and go traffic is where the diesel economy shines. I highly doubt that the City 1.5 would still be able to do 10km/L in horrid bumper to bumper rush hour Edsa traffic.
    Maintenance for Hyundais can be very expensive at the dealerships though. And between Hyundai, Honda and Toyota, Hyundai's dealerships/service quality/warranties are the worst. If you maintain your vehicles outside the dealership, then of course this is not a game breaker.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

In the long run, the fuel prices will help you save money (even with the more expensive service... turbodiesel takes more oil... and eventual injector replacement, at around 100-120k... but that won't happen in just 100,000kms... more like 200,000+++++), but in the short run, you have to spend more upfront for the same features.
    Yes, don't discount the difference in SRP. Let's say a MT City versus a Manual Accent, a difference of 100k.
    If I choose the Accent, mababawi ko yung 100k difference in less than 5 years (15000km/year).

However, If I buy the City, and invest the 100k in business, that's another matter. The 100k will earn me 10k a month, so mas practical pa rin ang City in this scenario.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Yes, don't discount the difference in SRP. Let's say a MT City versus a Manual Accent, a difference of 100k.
    If I choose the Accent, mababawi ko yung 100k difference in less than 5 years (15000km/year).

However, If I buy the City, and invest the 100k in business, that's another matter. The 100k will earn me 10k a month, so mas practical pa rin ang City in this scenario.
    Where can 100k earn you 10k a month?
    Tell us and we could buy you a City with the ridiculous gains you claim

I would still get the Accent, diesels do better than gas counterparts in heavy traffic
    Post-warranty parts costs for Hyundais and Kias are actually good if you look at places like goodgear. The accent is a better looking car imho.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast