New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sa 3 choices, Honda City Type-Z VTi even just for the engine alone. At mas maganda pa siya sa GD City IMHO. Hindi naman sirain ang early 2000s na kotse, nasa alaga lang yan. Just get the best unit you can find, maluwag yang 300k for this car.

Pero eto nalang kunin mo! Honda Civic MT - 04 | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph Angas oh!
    thanks sa input sir hindi kaya ng budget above 300k hehe kasama na kasi dun ung patune up after mabili...

sinama ko na sa choice ko ung altis. nakakita ako ng "Casa Maintaned" daw na 2002 model. papel lang ba ung maintenance record na ito? baka sila lang naglagay kasi. pwede po iverify ito sa toyota casa?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hehe~ Do take note that the prices you see in classified ad sites are still very much negotiable, unless they say otherwise. Kung 330k yan, I'm confident na mabibigyan ka ng 300k or below.

When we bought our '04 Accord V6 last year, it had 68tkms on the clock. Wala na kaming kinailangang gastusan besides buying the car. As in wala talaga.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^
    sir may dala kayo mechanic sa pagkilatis niyo sa binili niyo or kayo nalang po mismo?
    care to share some tips?
    dad ko kasi ayaw magdala ng mechanic eh. Siya nalang daw titingin

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chard23 View Post
    ^
    sir may dala kayo mechanic sa pagkilatis niyo sa binili niyo or kayo nalang po mismo?
    care to share some tips?
    dad ko kasi ayaw magdala ng mechanic eh. Siya nalang daw titingin
    Well... kung magaling ang dad mo... We normally don't bring mechanics, just very knowledgable friends. We are fortunate to have quite a few of them. With the Accord V6, it was from a family friend who's son is a small time used car dealer. That family friend happens to be a pastor who used to be an avid car enthusiast, car paint shop owner and drag racer. He told us absolutely everything he knew about that car, even the sounds he noticed sometimes on longer drives that we have never heard till now!

Well, if your dad knows his way with cars, its fine. All the men in my family know their way fairly well around cars, even with the detailing and mechanical stuff. My uncle asked me to look up Santa Fe CRDi's for a certain budget. I narrowed down the cars that seem viable and he visited them all and examined them himself. No mechanics, no friends, no nothing. Came back with a very well conditioned 2008 4x2 CRDi, with lots of extra toys to boot!

Firstly, you have to look for signs of flooding. Rust or mud in hard to reach areas like door hinges, under the carpet, below the seats, or in the engine bay are very good indicators. There may be a foul or damp smell but that is easily remedied. Check all electronics if they are working seamlessly and test drive in varying conditions and check for any unusual sounds. It would be best if the car has maintenance records. If it is casa maintained Honda has all the details about the car in their database.

5. Join Date
    May 2010

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sa input sir hindi kaya ng budget above 300k hehe kasama na kasi dun ung patune up after mabili...

sinama ko na sa choice ko ung altis. nakakita ako ng "Casa Maintaned" daw na 2002 model. papel lang ba ung maintenance record na ito? baka sila lang naglagay kasi. pwede po iverify ito sa toyota casa?
    You can verify it at the CASA.

Try looking at the Manila Bulletin classifieds on Sundays. With 300K, you can get an 03-05 Altis with spare change for repairs, maintenance and some minor mods. I'd definitely get an Altis over a Vios and City (being an Altis owner myself and having used both Vios and City quite extensively). My 2007 1.6L m/t Altis J consumes around 10-11km/L (LPG or gas mode) in city driving. Best i've gotten on the highway was 16km/L++.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Salamat mga sir sa inyong reply

Pupuntahan namin yung altis sa sunday if available pa daw. 50++k ung odo niyo for a 2002 car. Pero sabi may casa records daw..
    Possible ba ung ganito? Btw hindi siya ung first owner at open deed ito.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Pupuntahan namin yung altis sa sunday if available pa daw. 50++k ung odo niyo for a 2002 car. Pero sabi may casa records daw..

Well, if both owners had it casa maintained edi merong records. Be careful with open deed of sale at baka magkaproblema sa papeles. Yung Revo at Accord V6 namin naka open but it was done out of goodwill by the previous owners para hindi magmumukhang maraming naraanan kapag binenta which means higher resale value at meron kaming copy ng valid ID nila.

Eto oh 48tkms lang! http://www.ayosdito.ph/Toyota+Altis+...02-4095909.htm
    Last edited by GTi; December 13th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well, if both owners had it casa maintained edi merong records. Be careful with open deed of sale at baka magkaproblema sa papeles. Yung Revo at Accord V6 namin naka open but it was done out of goodwill by the previous owners para hindi magmumukhang maraming naraanan kapag binenta which means higher resale value at meron kaming copy ng valid ID nila.

Eto oh 48tkms lang! http://www.ayosdito.ph/Toyota+Altis+...02-4095909.htm
    Salamat sir hehe sayang white nga lang parang taxi hehe..pero if malapit yan baka puntahan na din

So far ang danger kapag open deed di ba is baka carnap or hindi pa natapos bayadan ng original owner. Tama po ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

You can go and look at the car and check on the records what CASA it was serviced at. Then you discreetly check with the CASA to verify the mileage; I've done this before when we bought an Innova J (records came out matched). 50K for a 2002 model means 5,000kms per year which is quite low. Pag open deed of sale, chances are buy and sell yung nagbebenta.

Low mileage doesn't always equate to good buy if i may add.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help me buy my 1st car.