New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ano ba version ng land cruiser mo? the thermostats usually have different temperature readings for it to open. some open at lower temps than others, you have to get the most suitable for our country. it may open too late and will end up with a hotter engine or too early.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well...i guess there's no difference on the engine, its a toyota 22R carburated
    oh OTEP check this out this might help.... http://www.cascadecrawlers.com/toyota/thermostat/index.shtml
    peace out ya all
    have a great day
    cale

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,
    It's a Mid-East spec model. Pero like all other Land Cruisers, it was manufactured in the Araco plant in Japan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what problems are you encountering without your thermostat?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bulldog,
    I think the running cold is causing excessive build up on the spark plugs. And the fuel economy is lousy for a 4-banger according to my dad (who uses it more often).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    di ba carb pa yan? to try to get more kilometers per liter, try to install MSD, it will help eliminate fouling up and will give more power and will make the engine more efficient. may MSD 6 off road, for 4wd vehicles naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep, nakita ko na yung old thermostat from my 21R engine. Naka stamped 82degrees Celsius or 180deg F. Bigay ko na lang sayo para sample, di ko lang alam kung buo pa ito, Hehe. Tingin ko iisa yang thermostat ng 22R, 20R & 21R basta carb model, kasi parehong pareho sila ng valve cover and construction. Yung 21R lumabas yan local sa Cressida.

Pareho din yung sa genI ko ng thermostat ng 21R, stocked opened na lang palagi kaya ko pinalitan. P400.+ ata bili ko sa Union motors balintawak. :D

Tips on checking if the thermostat is still installed:

1. On cold shut off engine, squeeze briskly the radiator hose you should hear a faint sound like "click..click" if the thermostat is still present in its housing. The "clicking like" sound comes from the jiggle pin/valve, part of the thermostat, this tiny valve allows air to escape while filling.
    2. After drainning a portion of your coolant, remove the upper radiator hose on the thermostat housing side or engine side. You can see it with a flashlight or feel it with your finger if the thermostat is still installed. Mostly its stocked opened when its dead.

:D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP:  Looking for engine thermostat for 22R (LC77)