New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yellahfellah View Post
    Does anyone have a comment on the All New 2016 Mazda2 Skyactiv V 5DR Hatchback P855K, which already comes with FREE 3-year or 60,000 kms. Periodic Maintenance Service (Parts, Oil & Labor). Hindi ba value for money ito???
    nothing is free in the auto industry, sir.
    they simply squirrel away the moneys somewhere so as not to be easily seen..

compute the sum total of how much you will actually pay for the cars you are considering, then add PMS costs, then compare.
    then ask yourself, "am i willing to pay this much for what that car is offering me?"

what can i say about the new mazda2? it's too early to say anything.. has to be evaluated in the long run..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 7th, 2015 at 01:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Does anyone have a comment on the All New 2016 Mazda2 Skyactiv V 5DR Hatchback P855K, which already comes with FREE 3-year or 60,000 kms. Periodic Maintenance Service (Parts, Oil & Labor). Hindi ba value for money ito???
    Anong catch para makuha mo yang "Free" PMS na yan? In house financing ba muna? Kung in house yan stay away from it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by G++ View Post
    Anong catch para makuha mo yang "Free" PMS na yan? In house financing ba muna? Kung in house yan stay away from it.
    The 3yr free maintenance is included in the pricing. This has been offered since 2 yrs na. Do you live under a rock? Jk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by G++ View Post
    Buong line up ng mazda ganyan na.
    Ang catch ay strictly implemented ang odometer mo. Di pwedeng madelay kahit konti ang visit for free pms

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    honda city all the way

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Buong line up ng mazda ganyan na.
    Ang catch ay strictly implemented ang odometer mo. Di pwedeng madelay kahit konti ang visit for free pms
    So there is just a "slight" catch? Ano kaya ang tolerance nila? +/-50 kms? or +/-100 kms? And kung lumampas ka duon eh may bayad na yung PMS? Anyway, disciplina lang naman ang kelangan diyan, and it also works in your favor.

I've been doing some reading on both the Mazda2 Hatchback & the Honda Jazz and the former won the Japan Car of the Year for 2014-15 pala. However, mas masikip nga lang ang legroom sa rear seats and also the rear storage is a lot smaller compared with the Honda Jazz... Pero mas maganda daw ang handling (esp. sa curves) and also its interiors... Can anyone confirm this? Also, acceleration is reportedly slower ("sedated, gradual") in line with its Skyactiv design (which in part gives you better fuel consumption; claimed = 4.9L/100 kms), but you can also speed things up by turning on the "SPORT" mode. I wonder what the fuel consumption will be at the Sport mode... baka pareho na ng Jazz at 5.4L/100 kms. But since it's my daughter who will be driving it, the Skyactiv design will actually be better for me since I know that she will be driving slower and safer, and not be doing any spirited driving or dangerous maneuvers that comes with a fast car or one with a responsive gas pedal.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Pero mas maganda daw ang handling (esp. sa curves)
    If curve carving is a concern then its simply overspeeding or aggressive driving behavior. Any curves in the metro under 60kph is easily doable by any sedan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *yellahfellah - the Jazz is a safe choice for a daily car. Its design offers more utility compared to other hatchbacks. Its rear seats can fold flat offering volume capacity larger than compact cars. If you need a subcompact car with a useful big trunk, go with the City. The Jazz offers a good balance in utility, space, handling, and fuel consumption. However, if you are someone who prefers a sporty drive (responsive steering and throttle), there's another option available and it comes with a turbo engine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123