Hi,

We just have our first baby last January, and so my wife and I are planning to buy our first car so that it will be easier for us to travel to the province (me at Nueva Ecija, while my wife is from Bicol), together with our baby (plus his yaya and all sorts of baby things) to visit our parents and during monthly checkups to his pedia. Taking into consideration our budget of P600k-P700k, as well as fuel efficiency, we have narrowed our search to either Toyota Vios 1.3E MT or the Toyota Avanza 1.3E MT.

I have also read the threads about the 2012 Avanza and it seems the new Avanza is the best buy, given the upgrades made. So, I am now more inclined to buying the new Avanza. In this regard, I would appreciate receiving your: (1) expert opinion regarding my choice of an Avanza over the Vios and, (2) adverse experiences on the performance of the 2012 Avanza (if any).

By the way, we initially chose the Hyundai Accent 1.4, but upon reading about the knocking issue and poor after-sale service of Hyundai, I decided to change and opted to Toyota brands instead.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.