Hi all,

Long time member here, forgot my login details so logged in with Facebook. Haha. Anyway, upgrading my current 2010 Honda Jazz to a bigger car worth around Php1.1M.

Initially, I was only eyeing the Ford Ranger XLT since they price point was within budget, and it was one of the cheaper big cars that I really liked. I was ready to get it. But lo and behold, I found out that the Montero GLX M/T is almost exactly the same price point when you take into consideration the SRP discount and the insurance, LTO and other freebies which Ford can not offer.

Montero SRP is at 1.203M vs Ranger at 1.079M. But after discounts, they basically have almost the exact same cashout.

For a daily drive, which would you choose? Main considerations are:

1. Ride comfort
2. Fuel efficiency
3. Maintenance cost
4. Looks

I don't really need a pickup since I might only haul stuff 4/5 times a year, but I love the ride height and the sheer size of the Ranger. I love the interior as well, since it looks refined and it doesn't feel like you're driving a truck when you're inside. I'm worried about its longevity though, both in appeal and practical use, especially as I will be turning 30 in two years. Baka hindi na bagay ang pick-up sa corporate setting. Hehe

I like the Montero since it looks elegant and sporty at the same time. It can be used both in a corporate and rugged setting. I think its appeal can last for years as well, since it's your basic big SUV. However, the interior looks dull compared to the Ranger, and from the reviews I've been reading, I think the Ranger wins in fuel efficiency.

I have yet to test drive both, since apparently they don't have test drive units of the Ranger. Will test drive the Montero this week.

Which would you guys pick, all things considered? I'm single, by the way. No plans of having a family within the next 5 years. :D