New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ayaw niya daw ng sasakyan na walang dating. He's too young for an Innova. Let him enjoy his youth hehe
    ah ok.
    i am confident, he will eventually go the circle of life.

btw,
    my son enjoys his innova. "matibay and requires almost no maintenance. oil and filter change, and annual LTO."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_hedge12 View Post
    Hi ako rin po sana mag papa suggest ng new car.
    22 yrs old single po at pang all around lang ang target ko. Possible na pang gala ko lang sya sa mga travel bucket list namin ni SO.

And pang convenient na pamamalengke or kung saan man. Baka hindi ko rin mgamit pamasok kase medyo mahal parking sa bgc at gas from my home ( caloocan )

Under 1million po sana or much better ba 2nd hand? I am not sure

But i can pay under 18k all in monthly sa amortization + insurance

And sa down payment mga under 150k kaya ko ilabas.

Eto mga nagandahan ako:
    City RS 1.5
    Civic SE
    Mazda 2
    Vios

di ko po type mga hatchback prang walang dating sakin.

Thanks

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
    Go with the brand new car if afford mo naman, if you don't have any qualms sa yearly depreciation ng car after you take it out of the dealer.
    Lalo na madaming flooded vehicles na for sale ngayon

1. City RS 1.5
    Newer generation so it would triumph the Vios in almost all aspects and would be alot bigger than the mz2, heck the mz2 is super cramped pero target market naman niya yung mga want ng sporty at an affordable price.

2. Civc SE
    You can never go wrong with a civic tapos it still has the r18 from the fd which is a really good engine, can't say that much sa R18 ng FC kasi the one I use na civic is the FD and the newer rs turbo.

Bang for the buck among you choices being a bigger car and better NVH pero take note the SE is stripped of the features standard on the 1.8E.

3. Mz2
    Sporty handling, will fit you if your onto spirited driving sa mountain passes pero in other aspect talo siya ng vios and city. Plus meron padin ata YOJIN 3 ang mazda which gives you free pms for 3 yrs or 60k kms.

4. Vios
    I would recommend the 1.3 E AT sobrang bang for the buck with traction control(correct me if im wrong) and 6 airbag across the range plus the toyota reliability. Pero if you want more oomph go for the 1.5 especially if you would be carrying people sa out of town drives.

Personally, I would go with the Civic
    - The space
    - Power
    - NVH
    - and the confidence of driving a bigger car
    Last edited by crosswind; November 18th, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    For that amount? If not an Innova, how about another old man car like the Prado 120? Pretty much same suspension as the FJ Cruiser. Uber comfy & reliable....& it's a Land Cruiser. A lot out there within & a lil over the budget stated.First car: Sub PHP1M - Brand New or Second Hand?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    For me personally, always brand new.

So I'm the guy who will get a new Wigo over a second hand Corolla/Civic. (not unless I NEED an MPV or a pick-up)

***back to your post***

Budget:
    But i can pay under 18k all in monthly sa amortization + insurance

And sa down payment mga under 150k kaya ko ilabas
    When you mentioned 2nd hand
    hulugan din ba?
    or do you have 1M in cash?
    or you're looking for a sub-150K second hand car?

from the budget you mentioned and playing with the BPI Auto Loan (Vios XE CVT)

Selling Price: P747,000.00
    Downpayment: P149,400.00
    Amount Financed: P597,600.00
    Monthly Amortization: P15,237.00
    As you didn't mention anything about you background when it comes to owning a car, I'm Voting for the Vios or City brand new.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    btw,
    my son enjoys his innova. "matibay and requires almost no maintenance. oil and filter change, and annual LTO."
    When I was in college. I also loved my dad's Tamaraw FX

Modified yung Lancer ko noon to a point where masakit na sa bulsa yung gas consumption nya.

Tamaraw FX can even sit idle sa parking with the A/C on!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A City will be a safe and practical choice for around 900k. If I have 1M now for a car, I will probably get a used WRX or a used Accord/Mazda6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

So I'm the guy who will get a new Wigo over a second hand Corolla/Civic. (not unless I NEED an MPV or a pick-up)

.[/B]
    i have a 5 year old wigo, and a 15+ year old altis.
    unless i'm going to a space-conscious venue, i prefer to drive the altis. it's more soothing.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

me too. since it's a starter car, i'd get the cheapest but decent (meaning from a reputable brand) bnew sedan and then iklian yung payment period to 3yrs. knowing that this would definitely not be my last car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    unless i'm going to a space-conscious venue, i prefer to drive the altis. it's more soothing.
    same. And not to mention the older car i have feels more expensive than the wigo hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    are you the first owner of the Altis?

I started with used cars, my personal advise to people asking me the same question.

"drive a 3-4 year old car and compare it with the brand new one (e.g Vios vs Vios), if you don't see/feel a difference, then buy used if you're comfortable"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
First car: Sub PHP1M - Brand New or Second Hand?