New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Since the negotiation of the revo is not yet complete and still on the process. I thought of customizing my revo and not anymore buy a new 2nd hand car? What do you think? But where gonna sell our revo maybe 3-4 years from now. Would that be a good idea? Thank You Sr!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tapos sa school parking lot puro high end na sasakyan...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by collegescavenge View Post
    Since the negotiation of the revo is not yet complete and still on the process. I thought of customizing my revo and not anymore buy a new 2nd hand car? What do you think? But where gonna sell our revo maybe 3-4 years from now. Would that be a good idea? Thank You Sr!
    pwede rin... upgrade mo entertainment system with media player and decent monitor, nice rims and dark tint..pwede ka na mag movie marathon inside the car on long breaks..
    mas marami ka pa masasakay..road trip na! haay college.. one of the best days of my life..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by collegescavenge View Post
    My Parents decided to sell our previous car to buy a new 2nd hand. The money we've got from it is 385k.
    I researched cars and what i've found are this two:

honda civic vti 2004(LOADED)!NEGOTIABLE!SALE/SWAP Philippines - 8866901

and

2005 Ford Lynx RS turbo M/T * SHOWCAR* loaded SWAP /TRADE OK Philippines - 9674184

I don't know which is which. Hope that this car are still available.

I open for your suggestions Tsikoters !

My Standards are:

1. Engine Peroformance
    2. Maintenance
    3. FC
    4. Looks (Outside&Inside)
    5. 2000+ models

Thank You and Good Day!
    A couple of questions first. What school are you going to? How much driving experience do you have under your belt? You do not want to get a fast car and then wreck it because you are still unable to control it, or get a low car when you will be traversing floods a lot.

Between the two, I'd suggest the Civic. Its much more fuel efficient. Get a stock unit, you don't know if a certain modified unit was used in racing. This car's already quite respectable in the horsepower department. You can throw in bolt-on mods later on.

The Lynx comes with a boatload of features. Performance is definitely better than the Civic stock to stock, but gas mileage is not as good. As bro niky said, stay away from the turbocharged cars. They chug fuel like the Expedition next to it!

Or, you can go for CUVs. 2.3L Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute, or CRV 2.0M/T.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    tapos sa school parking lot puro high end na sasakyan...

Prestige pa rin, yo !

Seriously though, if this is your first car, you don't want yourself getting into headaches. And that turbocharged RS is just screaming "come to me, new driver, I'm going to be the reason for your early death"

What's the fastest car have you driven? Kung yung Revo then boy, that Lynx will be worlds apart. And if the Revo is just your experience, then... you're going to have a hard time dealing with the ultra-fast, yet attention-seeker RS (attention-seeker because FI cars tend to ask a bit more TLC)

Dami mo kailangan bantayan. At kung noob ka pa sa car, baka may hindi ka makita na sira... warak

Seriously, get a Type Z city then call it a day. Tama sabi ni Niky, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast. Get a 1.5L Type Z City MT. Explore its limits. Pag tapos mo malaman limits niya, at nakulangan ka pa, then start doing upgrades. IHE, chip, port and polish etc. etc. kapag kulang pa rin, that's the only time you consider engine swaps (B16, B18 etc. etc.) or turbocharging. At least, by then, may alam ka na sa konting technicalities ng oto.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Sir bakit ayaw mo i consider mga pick up trucks? (eg Ford Ranger, Isuzu Fuego, Mitsubishi L200, Toyota Hilux) mas ok po sila gamitin lalo na kung sa U-BELT ka nag aaral. (Engine performance + Maintenance + FC) lalo na sa UBELT bahain sir umulan lang ng konti di mo na magagamit ung sedan mo. College student din po ako, personally para sakin, mas may dating pa ung mga pick up trucks compared to sedans. Kung FC naman ang problema, mas ok sir diesel kasi mas mura kesa unleaded. + points nadin kung ayaw mo pahirapan sila parents sa pagbabayad ng weekly fuel allowance.

Eto sir, pormado na pick up truck.

[PH]ride Episode 1 - The LowLux | Facebook

IMHO, sir hindi naman siguro nakakatulong ung pormado o mabilis na auto sa college. Pwede pa maging reason un para bumaba ung grades mo ( imbes na sa school ang punta mo sir, baka sa banawe ka mapunta kaka isip ng porma ng auto mo.)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa u-belt ako nagaaral and all I can say is chicks dig my pick up truck. Hahaha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Di lang chix. Pati mga tropa mong naka-loweredzzzzz HAHA.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Sa u-belt ako nagaaral and all I can say is chicks dig my pick up truck. Hahaha
    Yesssss hahaha sa u-belt din ako magaaral with my ranger hahaha

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung Revo gas, benta na habang may kaunting resale value pa. Mabagal at malakas sa gas. Baka maging driver ng bayan ka pa. If you're really gonna use it, maybe just upgrade the lights and sound system. Keep the old head unit in case you'll be selling it soon and transfer it to your new car.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast