New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... what does godfather mean?
    is he the guy who gives us gifts on our birthday, or is he the cold-blooded killer?
    Baka dahil Honda.....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post
    very good point stated regarding the Ford Focus TDCI.
    I'd go for the Ford Focus TDCI on this one mainly considering 2 factors

1. size of the car for the TS ( no offense sir) i think you'd be more comfortable in a compact car than a subcompact one. although i have a friend, also big boned, who fits perfectly in a Jazz.
    2. pulling power and excellent Fuel Efficiency of the Focus. plus its freakin diesel!
    id go for the hatch. for me looks better.

or you may also want to consider an XUV or SUV, with your budget a kia soul or the entry level tucson would suffice. dont expect a good fuel efficiency though.

heres my last tip, go to the dealership and do extensive test drives or at least sit inside one. believe me you will know once you have the right car. i cant explain it but in your heart you will know which car FEELS right for you. thats what happened to me 2 years back. i just knew the jazz was for me.

good luck bro and welcome to tiskot.com
    The Focus TDCi gives massive gas savings, especially with light footed driving. But we must also consider that a sizeable chunk of that savings would go to maintenance cost- which is significantly higher than the gas powered competition. Being a diesel means strictly following the 5000km oil change interval. Amount of motor oil to be used is also significantly more. But I'd still like to have one though. Although I'm positive it can benefit with some more features like steering wheel mounted controls, cruise control, bigger rims, and perhaps a sunroof.

About the Jazz. A family friend of ours has a 2005 Jazz 1.5VTEC CVT. I've ridden it, and it really is very cavernous inside. I daresay that front legroom is comparable to our 7th gen Accord, and headroom is actually much more abundant than the Accord's. If you're inside, you would think you're in a much bigger car. It feels much like being inside a compact SUV! But he shared that his Jazz gets just around 8km/L city. Acceptable, but not exceptionally good, I should say.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Focus TDCi gives massive gas savings, especially with light footed driving. But we must also consider that a sizeable chunk of that savings would go to maintenance cost- which is significantly higher than the gas powered competition. Being a diesel means strictly following the 5000km oil change interval. Amount of motor oil to be used is also significantly more. But I'd still like to have one though. Although I'm positive it can benefit with some more features like steering wheel mounted controls, cruise control, bigger rims, and perhaps a sunroof.

About the Jazz. A family friend of ours has a 2005 Jazz 1.5VTEC CVT. I've ridden it, and it really is very cavernous inside. I daresay that front legroom is comparable to our 7th gen Accord, and headroom is actually much more abundant than the Accord's. If you're inside, you would think you're in a much bigger car. It feels much like being inside a compact SUV! But he shared that his Jazz gets just around 8km/L city. Acceptable, but not exceptionally good, I should say.
    cant really comment much on PMS cost for the focus tdci as i have no clue as of the moment. i have yet to check the PMS cost. true, bigger engine (2.0) more oil needed. although there would be choices for either mineral or synthetic, if strictly following the 5K interval, to save a little, mineral or semi synthetic would be okay i guess.

the jazz indeed is king when it comes to space considering that its under the subcompact category. i get the same response from friends who get to ride with me.
    i get 10-11KM/L daily short drives.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm a little overwhelmed by the information given on the replies. I'll make sure to seriously consider your opinions.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi Tsikot Experts!!

After much deliberation based on price, "looks", performance/fuel efficiency, the opinions of Tsikot (and other forums) members and of course, my budget, I've finally decided to get the HYUNDAI ELANTRA 1.8 GLS. To be honest, I would have loved the Ford Focus Diesel but it's out of my budget. Thanks again for the valuable feedback that everyone here gave me.

Now, it's time for me to look for a bank that can give me the best deal/lowest interest. My budget is 15k a month after the downpayment. Do you guys have any advise for me or should I just create another topic?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir out na yung Thai civics. Baka gusto mo tumingin muna bago mag decide bumili. The 1.8 elantra however has more features? compared to same price bracket (almost) 1.8s at Honda civic. elantra has side mirror signal lamp, folding back seats, Fog lamps. Civic has Econ button. Yun lang haha. Not sure Kung yung elantra may hands free function also kung power folding yung side mirror

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Sir out na yung Thai civics. Baka gusto mo tumingin muna bago mag decide bumili. The 1.8 elantra however has more features? compared to same price bracket (almost) 1.8s at Honda civic. elantra has side mirror signal lamp, folding back seats, Fog lamps. Civic has Econ button. Yun lang haha. Not sure Kung yung elantra may hands free function also kung power folding yung side mirror
    Elantra 1.8 GLS may eco mode via steering wheel button, you will push push till eco appear in the lcd.Di ko pa na try ang hands free function (kung meron, I'm not much on this) but no folding side mirror. 6 spd tranny elantra, civic is 5 spd only??don't know this eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorWolf View Post
    Hi Tsikot Experts!!

After much deliberation based on price, "looks", performance/fuel efficiency, the opinions of Tsikot (and other forums) members and of course, my budget, I've finally decided to get the HYUNDAI ELANTRA 1.8 GLS. To be honest, I would have loved the Ford Focus Diesel but it's out of my budget. Thanks again for the valuable feedback that everyone here gave me.

Now, it's time for me to look for a bank that can give me the best deal/lowest interest. My budget is 15k a month after the downpayment. Do you guys have any advise for me or should I just create another topic?
    Good choice!

I've had a few japanese cars before going the korean route. Quite frankly, my 2 hyundai's (tucson, elantra) surprised me when it comes to reliability. 5 years na ang tucson ko at wala akong naging major issue except for the code alarm control unit which have to be replaced. No problem so far with my Elantra GLS although its too early to tell since one year pa lang.

In contrast, i had to replace my city's shocks and bearings on its 3rd year. The navara also had issues with the door locks on its first year.

However, tama yung comments ng iba regarding hyundai casa's. Be careful dahil maraming mapagsamantalang service centers ang hyundai (though ganoon din si honda).

I ended up bringing my hyundais to hyundai dasma. Medyo maliit pero di gahaman yung mga service advisor nila.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir weisshorn paki check naman kung may Bluetooth hands free elantra mo. 5 speed pala civic. Yung Eco mode ni elantra sa 1.8 lang? Same function ba sya ng Eco mode ni civic?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Sir weisshorn paki check naman kung may Bluetooth hands free elantra mo. 5 speed pala civic. Yung Eco mode ni elantra sa 1.8 lang? Same function ba sya ng Eco mode ni civic?
    Wala bluetooth ang Elantra.

Accent 1.6GLS Blue meron.

Walang ECO button ang Elantra.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast