New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    My opinions on the second-car options.

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport+ - I prefer the Mazda 2, but the Fiesta's okay too. Personally I'm not taken in by toys; they usually just mean more things to go wrong on the car. I would rather a carmaker get the basics right than make up for it with gimmicks.

Ford Focus 1.6 Trend - Nice but I recommend sizing up the interior before you commit. A Jazz has more interior room, to be honest - and that's a car one class down.

Lancer EX 1.6 Mx - My dad has a 2.0 GT with the manual gearbox. Drives and rides well on stock 18s (great damping, lovely manual shifter and clutch) but interior's got cheap plastics in very obvious places. If that doesn't bother you, I recommend it.

Toyota Altis 1.6 V - It's an appliance, not something to get your loins excited when you drive it. Reliable but that's about it. A/C is STRONG though - can your bladder take it?

Suzuki SX4 - It's an odd bird, in my opinion. Doesn't know what it wants to be and it ends up a mediocre car and an even less convincing off-roader.

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX - You might have complaints with the ride, as the wheelbase is even shorter than the Everest's so it's more susceptible to pitching due to ruts and bumps at speed. Nothing else touches this thing off-road, though.

Again, that's just what I think. Good luck!
    Thanks sir! I will keep this in mind

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    [QUOTE=sawsawmaster;2032666]One reason lang naman, the wife wants it to be our first car Happy wife = happy life................

malamang your wife has the same fear with yours na nao-overused ang everest..it then becomes worried wife = worried life..
    with that premise it's more easier to convince her your need of a back-up car..just be prepare for budgetary readjustments because of additional car ownership expense..if budget is not an issue get a brand new, reliable unit kahit low end subcompact lg gaya ng vios..hindi na qquantify in terms of cost ang sakit ng ulo at pag-aalala if you end up with a questionable, poorly-maintained second hand unit..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    Hi guys! I bought my brand new Gen 3 Everest back in May of last year, and I have been using it daily since it is my only car. Right now my odometer reading is at 58k kilometers and I am fearing that once my Everest reached 100k kilometers major problems with the CRDI engine might occur. And because of that fear, I am now thinking of buying a second car to prolong the life of my Everest.

Is it wise to buy a second car?

Many Thanks!
    Walandyo, May of last year, e di May, 2011 ang Everest, 58KKm in a span of approx 18months... Hanep!...

Saan ka ba bumibiyahe, bro?

17.2K:type:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Daily drive is from Cabuyao, Laguna to Nuvali, Sta Rosa (we have a store there), then to Alabang, Muntinlupa (office is near Ford Alabang). I go to Makati about 3 times a week and Tagaytay during weekends also. If I will get a second car, gagamitin ko siya ng mga 3 to 4 times a week and siyempre gagamitin ko pa rin ang Everest.

*Sir Niky ang 1.4 auto na fiesta high rpm din ba kung mag shift sa low gears? Thanks!
    Distance from Cabuyao to Makati is about 80Km(including side trips to Nuvali and Alabang) - 3X a week X 2 = 480Km/Week - 3 days
    Distance from Cabuyao to Alabang is about 35Km(including side trip to Nuvali) - 2X a week X 2 = 140Km/Week - 2 days
    Distance from Cabuyao to Tagaytay is about 30Km x 2X a week x 2 = 120Km/Week - 2 days - I assume the 7th day is also Tagaytayish in distance

Total for 1 week = 740Km
    Total for 1 year = 740*52 = 38KKm
    Total for 1.5 years = 58KKm.....

Figures...

Wala pa toll sa SLEX....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    just a bit of OT bro,

if you are basing your fear of CRDI engine failure based on OB's ( pop3corn) post i think you must be warned though;

OB is from Middle Earth , the laws of sciences in our world IS NOT applicable to his realm(MIddle Earth), and vice versa., some Santa Fe has already passed the 120k km ,but on a regular PMS has no problems ,except for the usual wear and tear.It is noted that I used the SF as the basis because as what I can recall OB is one of the first member of tsikot that got the SF i think its the 07 model.and also got the blue color hence the name OB.

hehehe i think some tsikoteers are already familiar with him ,that he sometimes serves as the extrta spice in every topic here in tsikot, brings some color in the topic 'ika nga heheheh

peace bros

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    just a bit of OT bro,

if you are basing your fear of CRDI engine failure based on OB's ( pop3corn) post i think you must be warned though;

OB is from Middle Earth , the laws of sciences in our world IS NOT applicable to his realm(MIddle Earth), and vice versa., some Santa Fe has already passed the 120k km ,but on a regular PMS has no problems ,except for the usual wear and tear.It is noted that I used the SF as the basis because as what I can recall OB is one of the first member of tsikot that got the SF i think its the 07 model.and also got the blue color hence the name OB.

hehehe i think some tsikoteers are already familiar with him ,that he sometimes serves as the extrta spice in every topic here in tsikot, brings some color in the topic 'ika nga heheheh

peace bros
    OT: Bro.,- ang (old) blue niya ay CRV...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hirap mag maintain nang 2 car.. benta mo na lang everest then kuha ka brand new..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba dapat gawin sa kotse? Ginagamit at nilalaspag para mapalitan ng bago. Ok Lang yan..palitan mo na Lang ng bago in 2-3 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hello sir,

If meron naman budget for the second car, why not?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    58k in 18 months? Sounds like our use. We put over 100k on the CR-V in four years, and 220k on the Crosswind in eight years. Palit-palitan yun.

Kung wala akong sideline sa car mags, aabot nang 300k yung Crosswind.

One reason lang naman, the wife wants it to be our first car Happy wife = happy life................

Mas mag-aalangan ka pag nabasa mo mga discouraging post ni pop3corn about crdi engines dito sa forums Anyway, I'm leaning on getting a second car or alternative car na. Kung what car, I don't know yet, ang hirap talaga mamili kasi. Sleepless nights, here I come!
    Don't mind him. He's our resident conspiracy theorist.

In truth, there are problems with CRDi, but with proper maintenance and clean fuel, you should have no issues with the Everest engine. No major issues like some of its other competitors.

Just plan ahead. Hopefully by the time your engine reaches 150k kms, replacement injectors will cost less than 10k pesos each. And even then, some guys can reach 200-300k on the original injectors.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast