New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys! I bought my brand new Gen 3 Everest back in May of last year, and I have been using it daily since it is my only car. Right now my odometer reading is at 58k kilometers and I am fearing that once my Everest reached 100k kilometers major problems with the CRDI engine might occur. And because of that fear, I am now thinking of buying a second car to prolong the life of my Everest.

Is it wise to buy a second car?

Many Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    my opinion is no. just use your everest. when you reach 100k, then you may just want to replace a brand new

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    wag no boss, kung ikaw lang naman kasi gumagamit masasayang lang,, tsaka kahit umabot pa ng 100k ang odometer mo kung maalaga ka naman sa sasakyan hindi naman basta basta masisira yan
    at kung sakali dalawa sasakyan mo, sa rehistro pa lang ambigat

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    No need bossing. Not unless kung pang number coding mo itong second car.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks sa mga advice guys! One of my fears is malalaspag agad si Everest kasi wala pang 2 years yung sasakyan eh mag 60k na ang itinakbo nya.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    Hi guys! I bought my brand new Gen 3 Everest back in May of last year, and I have been using it daily since it is my only car. Right now my odometer reading is at 58k kilometers and I am fearing that once my Everest reached 100k kilometers major problems with the CRDI engine might occur. And because of that fear, I am now thinking of buying a second car to prolong the life of my Everest.

Many Thanks!

Alternative car is not all about practicality, it is also about "not getting stock" in the middle of something.
    If you have enough money to spend, then why not!?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I would only consider getting a new one if I foresee the accumulative cost of repair within 5 years, excluding standard preventive maintenance, would be equivalent to 50% of the cost of buying a brand new one or If the cost of repair would would be close to the cost of a new car,

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    58k km in 18 months, so using simple math, thats almost 3200km per month, sulit na sulit kotse mo,

like what another poster said, if budget is not an issue, go ahead

but if it is, you may want to reconsider esp if you plan to get a bnew car, because it will mean another set of similar expenses, bank interests (if its on loan), insurance, maintenance, depreciation etc etc

again if budget to cover these wont bother you that much, then go. buy that second car

what car did you plan to buy anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung kaya naman why not..actually ang naisip ko is not abt your mileage..para naman maiba, driving all those kms in one car is like.....wow nakaksawa

Get a small sedan or your toy car ika nga...honda jazz, swift etc, para may variety ka naman..may choice ka depende sa mood mo sa araw na yon.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post

Many Thanks!
    I am in awe at how much you drive! You probably drive more in a week than most of us drive in a month!

If you have the money, I'd suggest you get a backup car. Something you can use when the Everest goes in for repairs, during coding days, or something interesting and new to drive on the weekends. Make it so that this car has the qualities that you find lacking in the Everest para talagang maiba.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast