New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Damn you, baby boomers!Death of Sedans....Suspects Now KnownDeath of Sedans....Suspects Now Known
    More Millennials Want Sedans but Older Generations Can’t Stop Buying SUVs: Study - The Drive

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'll be one of those that admit that I don't like sedans anymore. Not when you can get the advantages of better ride height, comfort, durability and roominess as any small CUV can offer. Plus you can't make a car buying decision without considering how horrible our roads are in Da Pilipins.

I suspect though that sedans will still sell well in our country, mainly for the price point. If that's all the budget one has, it doesn't really make financial sense to buy an SUV.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    SUVs are good carpool cars, bad road hogs. Good for chauffeurs, not so for DRIVERs.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    SUVs are good carpool cars, bad road hogs. Good for chauffeurs, not so for DRIVERs.

True that sir. Unless you work for the U.S. Border Patrol, SUVs and DRIVERs do mix there quite well. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I will still choose a sedan over an SUV if for daily commutes but as a family car, a CUV strikes a good balance. A midsize or full size SUV is just too bulky as a daily ride even though I survived in the US Midwest driving daily a full size SUV (Expedition).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    One GenXer and another a Baby Boomer I talked to said the reason they want an SUV is they still want a RWD vehicle.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Bai, I’m a happy DRIVER of my compact SUV. It drives like a big compact car. The extra grip of the AWD system and higher road clearance is a welcome thing plus the useable trunk space.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    dito pinas more of mura kasi si suv for the size. Tapos desel pa eh ang utak ng noypi jan eh masyado jurassic.

But for me eh sedan pa din. May swag eh. Relax dating.

Yung suv mukhang pang utilitarian. Yung may ikakarga. Parang may tatrabahuhin. Its just a pick-up na binahayan = monstero, fortuner, isuzu, ford....etc

Kung pagandahin pa choice mas ok hatchback/wagon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Personally, I would prefer a hatchback - kotse pa din, especially for long drives. Nasa Ilocos grand parents ko and its still more comfortable to drive one...

SUV is good since halos wala kang inintindi, bad roads, flood, traffic (diesel). Halos tambak ka lang ng tambak ng gamit sa likod... No need to keep arranging stuff thanks to limited space.

So if I only have a choice to buy 1 car as a daily driver + that occasional out of town trips. Baka nga sa SUV/AUV/CUV ako mauwi.

Especially sa local market natin na cars like the Freed, Stream and Wish are not available

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bai, I’m a happy DRIVER of my compact SUV. It drives like a big compact car. The extra grip of the AWD system and higher road clearance is a welcome thing plus the useable trunk space.

Egan bai, I've nothing against compacts like yours. They're pretty much just raised hatches. It's those PPVs & full-sized behemoths w/o passengers you see flooding our narrow streets that makes me go like "really?" on em. I only take ours out on hauling & offroad chores, otherwise, it's the majestic garage queen.Death of Sedans....Suspects Now Known

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast