New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Early Honda city cvt failures are attributed to wrong fluid placed at the factory. It was their first cvt. Oops!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    training concept wasnt that popular then..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotoy View Post
    May I know where you sourced the CVTF? I think I'll be due for a change soon.
    Go to Fusion R. A normal drain & fill method uses around 6L of CVTF. Fusion R uses Mitasu fully synthetic CVTF which meets Subaru requirements. Fusion R charges 750 per liter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If a CVT tranny is being cared for, it won’t be a problem. Case in point- the Jazz/City IDSI. There are still a bunch of them on the road and some of them are more than 15 years old already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i had a 2004 Honda jazz idsi with CVT for around 14 years, sold it last year. Never had a problem with the CVT although Honda Casa did advise to have a CVT fluid change every 20tkm instead of the manual recommended 40tkm supposedly due to the stress it gets on manila stop and go Traffic.
    problem with a lot of these early honda Jazz/city with cvt is that the new owners/owners who bought them 2nd hand don't read the manual. i have known a few who used regular ATF on the CVT which is a no-no.
    Honda's CVT fluid is also different from those CVT fluid normally bought in hardware/automotive store which is why car owners should read the manual first.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    i had a 2004 Honda jazz idsi with CVT for around 14 years, sold it last year. Never had a problem with the CVT although Honda Casa did advise to have a CVT fluid change every 20tkm instead of the manual recommended 40tkm supposedly due to the stress it gets on manila stop and go Traffic.
    problem with a lot of these early honda Jazz/city with cvt is that the new owners/owners who bought them 2nd hand don't read the manual. i have known a few who used regular ATF on the CVT which is a no-no.
    Honda's CVT fluid is also different from those CVT fluid normally bought in hardware/automotive store which is why car owners should read the manual first.
    As I have mentioned in a previous post, it is the responsibility of the owner how to properly maintain their vehicles. No reliable vehicle can last long if it is not being taken cared of by its owner.

If an owner complains of the expenses related to maintenance, I guess he should not have gotten a vehicle in the first place. Sadly, there are a lot of people who just know how to buy but are dimwits with regards to maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Early Honda city cvt failures are attributed to wrong fluid placed at the factory. It was their first cvt. Oops!

So early owners became unwitting guinea pigs?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    As I have mentioned in a previous post, it is the responsibility of the owner how to properly maintain their vehicles. No reliable vehicle can last long if it is not being taken cared of by its owner.

If an owner complains of the expenses related to maintenance, I guess he should not have gotten a vehicle in the first place. Sadly, there are a lot of people who just know how to buy but are dimwits with regards to maintenance.
    So sir, assuming you have both traditional A/T and CVT, and both are taken cared of and maintained religiously -- by the book even, no ifs or buts, to hell with the cost -- which do you expect will last longer and without problems? Which will, as they say, "age better" in your humble opinion?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    So sir, assuming you have both traditional A/T and CVT, and both are taken cared of and maintained religiously -- by the book even, no ifs or buts, to hell with the cost -- which do you expect will last longer and without problems? Which will, as they say, "age better" in your humble opinion?
    Same longevity.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    So early owners became unwitting guinea pigs?
    Yes. W/c is bad.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ito na lang...
    My closest friend has a 2004 CRV with 4AT
    I have 2004 lancer mx with cvt.

Guess who did a transmission rebuild. Casa maintain pa both cars. Religious 40k transmission fluid replacement na yan.

CrV clutch packs gave out. Overhauled.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That I have to find out. Our old cars all had AT trannies and we maintained them until we have to sell them.

It's the whole car that will age, not just the tranny. I intend to keep my FXT for some time and I will have to make sure that it's running all the time.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast