New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Sorry to butt in on this thread but I'm a new member and I want to buy my first car budget is 250k... may stretch up to 280k and wala po kasi ako kilala na pwedeng pagtanungan... basa basa lang din po ako sa forums ano po kayang sedan car ang magandang i purchase and mura i maintain? And yung di po magiging sakit sa ulo thanks po

2. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Good day guys sorry for also butting in this request. Newbie here in tsikot and also a newbie driver.

Medyo same dilemma kami ni TS, but I'm choosing between Civic FD 2011 a/t (64k mileage) and Accent crdi diesel hatch 2014 m/t (31km mileage).
    Both are priced at 400k. Pogi rin ng accent hatch pero leaning ako sa FD only issue lang ay fuel consumption (sabi nila matakaw daw) pero weekend car and occassional out of town use ang plan ko so baka manageable naman. Also trip ko rin sana manual pero di ako makahanap ng white mmc FD 1.8s na m/t hehe. At sa QC ako so may traffic kaya oks na rin ang automatic.

What do you think guys? Thanks in advance sa inputs!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If FC is your priority, get the Accent. If it was me id get the Civic FD though [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Im having a problem between these 2. Considering itd be my daily driver in Baguio City, ayoko ng sakit sa ulo in the long run. So should I pick the later year mirage manual hatchback with 20k ish mileage or the old civic that has good rep and under 60k mileage?
    hmmm... depende sa current state ng both cars...

BUT... 10 years old na yung Civic, how long do you plan to use the car? another 5 years?

at 60K kms... is the car a daily driver? SM North to SM Makati is 30kms (balikan), does that mean he travelled the same distance only 2k times in 10 years?

IMO, masakit man para sa akin, I will vote for the Mirage.... It's only 3 years old, even if you use it for another 10 years... I think it has a better chance compared to what will be a 20 year old Civic...

Don't expect the Mirage to be fun to drive, personally 1.3L min car na na drive ko and the Mirage is only 1.2... Civic is a better car kaso hanggang kelan?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are a lot of things going for the Civic.

1. Bigger - It can carry people and cargo in more comfort
    2. Has a more powerful engine - Can go up the steepest roads and ramps in the whole of Baguio with ease
    3. More of a Driver's Car
    3. Safer during crashes
    4. Has a more luxury feel to it
    5. Can't go wrong with a Honda

The Mirage, in general, is sort of a mixed bag:
    1. The Mirage has a weak A/C - Probably not as critical when in Baguio. Then again, some summer days can be hot and while being stuck in traffic, you'd probably want the benefit of a cold A/C
    2. The paltry 1.2L, 3-cyl engine can be a challenge to work with on Baguio roads. It just gets worse when the A/C is running (217 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE On Step Hill - YouTube)
    3. Poor small overlap crash test performance
    4. Fuel economy might not be as expected when you frequently have to squeeze it for torque when going over hilly Baguio roads
    5. Overall, it's an econobox that is more adept on flat, city drives

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ride both. if you can be happy in the new mirage then go for it. personally however, i would choose the civic. i think it is safe to say it is a better car overall. maintenance expenses is a fact on both but of course the mirage would have the advantage on fuel economy and most probably maintenance too. I would be happier and more content riding in the civic though.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *ts,

I own a mirage and have driven it in and around baguio many times, mt ulap, sagada. Yes, kaya nya ang mga steep slopes, but if it will be daily steep slopes and revving it hard, i dont think it will last long, there is a reason why it is called a city car . Plus, in its base form, the mirage is pathetic in cornering (which baguio has a lot off), body roll will give you a nauseating feeling.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    hmmm... depende sa current state ng both cars...

BUT... 10 years old na yung Civic, how long do you plan to use the car? another 5 years?

at 60K kms... is the car a daily driver? SM North to SM Makati is 30kms (balikan), does that mean he travelled the same distance only 2k times in 10 years?

IMO, masakit man para sa akin, I will vote for the Mirage.... It's only 3 years old, even if you use it for another 10 years... I think it has a better chance compared to what will be a 20 year old Civic...

Don't expect the Mirage to be fun to drive, personally 1.3L min car na na drive ko and the Mirage is only 1.2... Civic is a better car kaso hanggang kelan?

Hi sir! Question lang po,any recommendation between these two? kasi dalawa lang po ang choice ko so far and tingin ko kaya ng budget, 1st is a 2009-2012 model Honda City and 2014 up na Mirage G4. Will be used 2 to 3 times a week lang sguro and 2 or 3 lang ang laging sakay including me, occassional long trips with 5 persons, Our current budget is 300k-350k. Thank you so much

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    gaano mo katagal plan gamitin? and depende pa din yan sa condiktion nung 2

2009 - 11 years old na sya next year
    + yung number of years pa na gagamitin mo sya

based on experience, kahit bago yung Mirage... masasagad nung suspension nya with 5 people

kaya lang kung laspag na din yung City na makita mo... edi ganun din

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Question guys, pasingit na din ako sa thread ni TS. Is still okay to buy Civic SIR body? Di ako masyado familiar sa mga ganyan pero usually yan yung mga nakikita ko around 150~180k, or mas okay na mag Mirage HB, Picanto, Celerio or Eon nalang? Any advise?

The thing with Civic SIR, nagugustuhan ko kasi yung porma and old school style nya, but somehow, napapaisip ako kung worth it ba bumili ng almost 10~20yrs old car na konti lang idadagdag eh may low-end na latest car ka na.

Need your inputs guys! )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast