The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    CIVIC, hindi ka mabibitin

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Question guys, pasingit na din ako sa thread ni TS. Is still okay to buy Civic SIR body? Di ako masyado familiar sa mga ganyan pero usually yan yung mga nakikita ko around 150~180k, or mas okay na mag Mirage HB, Picanto, Celerio or Eon nalang? Any advise?

The thing with Civic SIR, nagugustuhan ko kasi yung porma and old school style nya, but somehow, napapaisip ako kung worth it ba bumili ng almost 10~20yrs old car na konti lang idadagdag eh may low-end na latest car ka na.

Need your inputs guys! )
    i have an ancient altis AT.
    i also have a wigo AT.
    the bigger vehicle (the altis) is more comfortable to drive, even as it consumes more fuel.
    "what are your priorities?"

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Before if you remember doc, I’m opting for hatchback cars. But now, I change my mind. I started liking those civic, altis and other sedan.

Priorities? Yung dadalhin ako from point A to point B na may magandang aircon at di basta basta titirik considering price point around 240k. Before kasi ififinance ko sana pero laki masyo ng tubo kaya idecided to get one in cash.

Saw these models na around 240k — Mazda 2, Altis and Civic. Yung iba dyan is below 200k pa. Mga 20 year old car. Nagandahan ako lalo na yung civic. Sabi ni misis kung okay naman yung ganun at magagamit ng matagal, eh dun nalang. Atlist 150 to 180k lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Before if you remember doc, I’m opting for hatchback cars. But now, I change my mind. I started liking those civic, altis and other sedan.

Priorities? Yung dadalhin ako from point A to point B na may magandang aircon at di basta basta titirik considering price point around 240k. Before kasi ififinance ko sana pero laki masyo ng tubo kaya idecided to get one in cash.

Saw these models na around 240k — Mazda 2, Altis and Civic. Yung iba dyan is below 200k pa. Mga 20 year old car. Nagandahan ako lalo na yung civic. Sabi ni misis kung okay naman yung ganun at magagamit ng matagal, eh dun nalang. Atlist 150 to 180k lang.

you will need to replace the compressor oil. ac systems work, partially work or not working at all. many owners dont even know how to replace the filter sa glove box.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Di ba komplikado yung ganyan sir? Wala kasi talaga kong alam pagdating sa ganyan kaya nagaalangan ako kumuha ng old models.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Di ba komplikado yung ganyan sir? Wala kasi talaga kong alam pagdating sa ganyan kaya nagaalangan ako kumuha ng old models.

in my opinion, these older cars are more DIY-friendly than the newer cars.
    join a club of like-minded owners, and you can learn a lot from them.
    my experience with the corolla and the older altis, masikip sila sa loob.
    i find the bug-eye civic (your SIR body), and the sentra, more spacious.

the problem is, these cars are old. they probably need something fixed, even if the seller swears "drive away condition".

happy hunting.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Thank you Doc!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'd always choose the higher-end car even if it's older. At the very cheap end cars are essentially engineered to their price tag, meaning a lot more compromises have been made right from the drawing board.

A good explanation of this is how Land Cruisers are designed to last 25 years at a minimum. Having a high engineering service life means the car will last longer to begin with, and when it does come to the point where you need to do repairs, those same replacement parts will last longer compared to a car that used cheaper parts from the start. Obviously the Land Cruiser is an extreme example of this, but I believe the same principle applies to a mid-size sedan like the Civic vs a subcompact like the Mirage.

Why Toyota Land Cruisers Are The Most Reliable Vehicles Ever - Well Rigged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123