New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've heard from my relative that he's getting 11-12 km/l pure city driving. I've confirmed my SA in Honda QA and they said that, that's the ave consumption of the Civic.

I think it's confirmed, the civic consumes fuel like a 1.6 but the power is like a 2.0 engine

I think that lead us to buying a 1.8S unit

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I've heard from my relative that he's getting 11-12 km/l pure city driving. I've confirmed my SA in Honda QA and they said that, that's the ave consumption of the Civic.
    Of course we have to watch out for what wasn't mentioned like he is getting 11-12 km/L city driving at 5:00am to 6:00am in his regular morning drive to the office.

I think it's confirmed, the civic consumes fuel like a 1.6 but the power is like a 2.0 engine
    I have a 2.0L car that would say otherwise about that "power" statement.

I think that lead us to buying a 1.8S unit
    Hope you're enjoying your toy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I know ghosthunter will disagree with me, but here it goes anyway. ;)

Actually, at cruising, fuel economy is similar to a 1.5L engine. I've already proven this going to Calamba through SLEX using the ScanGauge. My record FE was 17.9 Km/L (5.6 L/100Km). Quite high for a 1.8L engine.

And because of other technologies the engine incorporates, it has on-demand power delivery on par with 2.0L engines. Of course, since economy mode and performance mode are at different ends of the scale, it's important to understand that you shouldn't expect 1.5L fuel economy while still providing almost-2.0L performance.

To the uninitiated, please watch this video about the Honda 1.8L i-VTEC (R18) used on the 1.8 S & V Civics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9kvoLJUs8A"]YouTube - 本田R18引擎解說-高解æž?(ä¸*æ–‡å*—幕)[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Double post.
    Last edited by oj88; May 5th, 2009 at 10:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir may tanong po ako,since we are in the same situation,the catch is that based from the site(di pa po kami nakakapunta sa mga casa) of the two aforementioned eh the Altis has the ABS-EBD-BA unlike the Civic wala,kaso may nabalitaan ako na ang 1.8V ng Civic ay magkakaroon ng ABS is this true? Kasi sayang naman kung wala pa with a slightly lower price compare to the Civics eh mas marami ang laman ng Altis although sa loob eh mas gusto namin ang odo ng Civic kaya nga lang with higher price with less items to enjoy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmiester View Post
    Sir may tanong po ako,since we are in the same situation,the catch is that based from the site(di pa po kami nakakapunta sa mga casa) of the two aforementioned eh the Altis has the ABS-EBD-BA unlike the Civic wala,kaso may nabalitaan ako na ang 1.8V ng Civic ay magkakaroon ng ABS is this true? Kasi sayang naman kung wala pa with a slightly lower price compare to the Civics eh mas marami ang laman ng Altis although sa loob eh mas gusto namin ang odo ng Civic kaya nga lang with higher price with less items to enjoy
    It boils down to, is the digital speedo of the Civic worth it compared to the ABS,EBD,BA goodies of the Corolla?

Personally the digital speedo is more of a distraction than a driver's aid.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Meron ABS-EBD BA ang 1.8V wala lang airbags at foglamps.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Personally the digital speedo is more of a distraction than a driver's aid.
    Maybe so for the first 10 mins of owning the car. After that, you learn to ignore the numbers as it just remains in your peripheral vision... no more a distraction than a running windshield wiper. In fact, looking at the speedo does not take your eyes too far off the road for it to be a distraction, which is kinda the point of having it there, high up.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    In the worst case scenario...

both vehicles have similar crash test ratings... front/side/rear.

even for the pedestrians unlucky enough to be thrown away by either car.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Meron na ABS + EBD on all Civic variants, kahit 1.8V.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Civic 1.8V or Altis 1.6G?