New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hello po.
    I've been asking, researched, and read a lot about car reviews and comparison but I can't still decide what to buy.

I know this is like comparing apple to orange but I really need help!

Here are what I read, rode, and saw about each car.

CIVIC:
    - Interior especially dashboard
    - More efficient fuel consumption as compared to SUV
    - Fun to drive

BUT,
    - Low clearance since it's a sedan

EcoSport:
    - High ground clearance
    - 550mm water wading
    - Cheaper price SUV type as compared to other SUVs
    - Efficient fuel consumption considering it's an SUV

BUT,
    - Lesser power considering it's 1.5L engine SUV
    - Parts are expensive as compared to Japanese car parts

Xtrail:
    - Bigger space
    - High ground clearance
    - Good performance
    - Feels like driving a sedan

BUT,
    - Bad fuel consumption

My allowable budget is 800k-1M so up to Xtrail 2.0L.
    I kept on comparing but asking and reading about those but I can't decide.
    I want to get an SUV but I also consider the FC so I wanted to get an EcoSport but then I heard its engine isn't that performing well and also its parts are quite expensive as compared to Japanese car parts. If I don't consider the ground clearance, I'd go to Civic but I don't want to get stranded when it's raining hard. (My place gets flooded easily).

So any advice and comments?

Please help me! Feel free to give me any advice and comments. I need feedback before I decide.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    how about a pickup? height of a SUV. more fuel efficient than civic and ecosport

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the Sportage 4x2 gas model? Kia has a great deal on it. We are seriously considering getting one. Kia also has great deals on the Soul, Forte, and Carens.

With regards to your choices, I would go with the Civic if you really have no need for the extra space of a CUV. It's a good choice for an all-around family/daily car. Or you might even consider the new Altis. The Ecosport is not at par with a proper CUV (CRV, Xtrail, CX5, Sportage, Forester, etc) in terms of space but it looks cool though (much like a Fiesta on stilts).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ oo nga pala. may sale yung sportage na lagpas lang ng konti ng 1M.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    EcoSport:
    - Parts are expensive as compared to Japanese car parts
    Parts for the new Civics aren't cheap. Parts for an X-Trail aren't cheap, either. This one is a non-issue if you're simply comparing it to those two cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    how about a pickup? height of a SUV. more fuel efficient than civic and ecosport
    I also considered Strada sir. But people say problem with pickup us parking. Sometimes parking space is tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about the Sportage 4x2 gas model? Kia has a great deal on it. We are seriously considering getting one. Kia also has great deals on the Soul, Forte, and Carens.

With regards to your choices, I would go with the Civic if you really have no need for the extra space of a CUV. It's a good choice for an all-around family/daily car. Or you might even consider the new Altis. The Ecosport is not at par with a proper CUV (CRV, Xtrail, CX5, Sportage, Forester, etc) in terms of space but it looks cool though (much like a Fiesta on stilts).
    Okay po ba yung Kia? I don't know about Korean cars but I also read some issues with Hyundai regarding services and also car itself so I concern if Kia is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Parts for the new Civics aren't cheap. Parts for an X-Trail aren't cheap, either. This one is a non-issue if you're simply comparing it to those two cars.
    So if I consider the price of parts then Ford is same as Honda and Nissan? Hmm...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Don't worry about parking pickups. You'll eventually get the hang of it. The strada's a good pick for you based on what you need IMO.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sir how about maintenance cost for Strada? Is it the same as my other choices?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    You'll have to check the Strada thread for details. No idea how they compare regarding maintenance.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    *TS, i think you're more inclined for a car that's having a higher ground clearance.
    i would say the civic is out from your listed choices.
    the ford ecosport ground clearance is only 200mm... don't know why you use 550mm as your reference (throw in also the potholes factor when it comes to wading capability)
    the xtrail ground clearance is also 200mm... but more space for you + power
    these two xtrail features alone overweighs the good fc of the ecosport it offers.
    if i were you i'd pick the xtrail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast