New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    Okay po ba yung Kia? I don't know about Korean cars but I also read some issues with Hyundai regarding services and also car itself so I concern if Kia is the same.
    My father-in-law owns a 2010 Kia Sorento 4x4 (2.4L gas). Wala naman ako narinig na bad complaints from him with the services he get from Kia Tramo and Kia Sucat. Dami na rin Sportage, Sorento, Rio, at Carens sa daan so I guess it speaks well of the brand.

Even though Kia and Hyundai are the from the same global brand but the they have different local distributors in the country. There are a lot of bad comments about how Hari (Hyundai dealer) handles its maintenance services but that didn't stop people from buying the Accent, Elantra, Tucson, Elantra, and Santa Fe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    *TS, i think you're more inclined for a car that's having a higher ground clearance.
    i would say the civic is out from your listed choices.
    the ford ecosport ground clearance is only 200mm... don't know why you use 550mm as your reference (throw in also the potholes factor when it comes to wading capability)
    the xtrail ground clearance is also 200mm... but more space for you + power
    these two xtrail features alone overweighs the good fc of the ecosport it offers.
    if i were you i'd pick the xtrail
    Sir, honestly I don't know much about car. but I just read that it's an advantage for EcoSport. I'm still confused what cars to get..
    As you said, Civic is also almost crossed out from my list. The higher ground clearance, the bigger satisfaction for me. but I also have to think about my budget which is up to 1M like slightly close to 1.1M

If only I have much more budget like 1.5M I'd consider Fortuner and Motero Sport. Or Escape but I heard Escape is out from the Philippine market.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    Sir, honestly I don't know much about car. but I just read that it's an advantage for EcoSport. I'm still confused what cars to get..
    As you said, Civic is also almost crossed out from my list. The higher ground clearance, the bigger satisfaction for me. but I also have to think about my budget which is up to 1M like slightly close to 1.1M

If only I have much more budget like 1.5M I'd consider Fortuner and Motero Sport. Or Escape but I heard Escape is out from the Philippine market.
    if you can sleep with the lesser space then get the ecosport at a lesser price... meron ka pang more than 100k to spare
    kasi wala naman talaga na all-in-one car even if you have the budget.

better test drive both before letting go your hard earned money to the dealership.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    The X-trail is a very good buy, having a CUV at 1.08M pricetag. Some dealers even have very good discounts for them. But at this point, this 2.0 variant is already old. Plus, it is also very thirsty in gasoline. I average 6.5-7km/L on mine. I'm thinking that even getting a brand new one, for sure the stock units are already a year or 2 after production.

If I were you, I'd get the Strada. Among the pickups, it has car-like dynamics and comfort, better 2nd row space and smaller bed, making it the most maneuverable pickup during parking. Plus its diesel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If your not brand or make conscious I would suggest the Haima 1. Its a CUV with a reported better fuel consumption than others. Also it has features w/c may convince you otherwise.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12