New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

I hate that there are too many cars on the road. I miss the 80s!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    in the mid-80s, there were only half as many filipinos here, as there are now.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What will happen kaya kung tanggalin low down, minimum 50% down na. Yung neighbor ng driver namin bumili vios 20% down, P18k per month.

I hate that there are too many cars on the road. I miss the 80s!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Dadami pa to, BPI is now offering 7 year auto loan term.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    loans are big business

anything that can be sold on installment basis = loan creation opportunity

house/condos, cars, motorcycles, appliances, phones/gadgets

pansin niyo mas prefer ng casa ipa-finance ang kotse kesa cash
    Last edited by uls; April 26th, 2023 at 03:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Stop sales on installment basis?

Why would they, when the dealers, repo. men/foreclosure people and the insurance folks* are all making HUGE amounts of money from it?

Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    I'm not surprised they'd come up with such a product. That would be 7 years more of (usurious ) interest payments for the bank.

*Yes, even the insurance folks are in on it. Naka c. mortgage eh, natural, eh di need din ng comprehensive insurance for the entire term of the loan to protect the mortgagee.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Cringe worthy yung mga rice mods... Tapos hindi mabayarang amortization...

Nung last nagpunta ako sa repo cars ng banks, ang dami vios, wigo, mirage and eon na naka rice mods... Yung iba may bakas pa ng pagkakakatay...

Kaya dapat higpitan uli ang loan criteria ng mga banks eh.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    you said what was on my mind. Add the ricey pickups and suvs pa.

Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    what a nightmare

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    If one is irritated with the thought of too many cars in the city, maybe try moving to other locations in the Philippines. Parang hindi naman traffic sa ibang lugar dito.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Kaya dapat higpitan uli ang loan criteria ng mga banks eh.
    Banks are more concerned with past due loans that they cannot collect on, rather than defaulting secured loans para maghigpit sila ng loan criteria...

Of course, ma-penalize sila ng CB if lumaki yung amount ng non-perfoming assets nila (kasama diyan yung foreclosed securities) but its not too great of a concern (I'm not saying it isn't, but secondary concern lang).

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Stop sales on installment basis?

Why would they, when the dealers, repo. men/foreclosure people and the insurance folks* are all making HUGE amounts of money from it?
    I can't find my source, pero there was one article years ago that mentioned na kung lahat ng tao bibili ng cars in cash, malulugi dealership.

parang nasa 3% lang kikitahin nila per car tapos hihingi pa ng freebies si buyer.
    then may sweldo pa mga staff nila, rent, taxes + utilities

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    If one is irritated with the thought of too many cars in the city, maybe try moving to other locations in the Philippines. Parang hindi naman traffic sa ibang lugar dito.
    Yeah moving out of metro.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I can't find my source, pero there was one article years ago that mentioned na kung lahat ng tao bibili ng cars in cash, malulugi dealership.

parang nasa 3% lang kikitahin nila per car tapos hihingi pa ng freebies si buyer.
    then may sweldo pa mga staff nila, rent, taxes + utilities
    someone made a breakdown before... that dealerships do not make big earnings on the sale of cars.
    the someone further revealed, that casas made their monies on the arftersales and not on the sale of cars.
    but i suppose, "every little bit helps".

when the loan defaults, "the bank stands to lose, big time". they can not possibly sell that remated car, to cover the programmed income at the start of the deal.
    for a remated car to sell, bank has to offer attractive pricing. who wants fo buy a used car at brand new price?

it has happened before, i.e., loosening loan screening policies, and the resulting flood of defaulters thereafter.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast