New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    IMO China cars are eating the Koreans for lunch.

In the first place we didn't grow up with Korean cars, or they were looked down upon as cut-price alternatives to the Japanese brands. You won't see many people dedicated to Hyundai or Kia, as to Japanese brands like Honda, Toyota, or Mitsubishi.

And as sales and quality increased, the Koreans raised prices as well. Not only do the Korean cars now no longer have value for money on their side, they still don't have a loyal brand following either.

So now China is entering the market with the same formula that the Koreans came with a few years ago, and the same people who were willing to take a chance and give Hyundai a sale are now doing so for the likes of Geely and MG instead.
    And to make matters worse for them, HARI will be in charge na daw of managing/distributing changan models in the country. Pero may bago atang party na magiging in charge for hyundai tho i'm not keen on who exactly is that.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    IMO China cars are eating the Koreans for lunch.

In the first place we didn't grow up with Korean cars, or they were looked down upon as cut-price alternatives to the Japanese brands. You won't see many people dedicated to Hyundai or Kia, as to Japanese brands like Honda, Toyota, or Mitsubishi.

And as sales and quality increased, the Koreans raised prices as well. Not only do the Korean cars now no longer have value for money on their side, they still don't have a loyal brand following either.

So now China is entering the market with the same formula that the Koreans came with a few years ago, and the same people who were willing to take a chance and give Hyundai a sale are now doing so for the likes of Geely and MG instead.
    agree. parang lumaki ulo and they thought they can price themselves at the same, or even higher, level than jap brands. worse, watered down pa ang features. at least AC is doing a better job now with Kia. hopefully, Hyundai Motors can do the same as Nissan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    there was this article that I shared earlier regarding the Stonic and the Soluto

The Korean brand will start to phase out production of vehicles priced below 100,000 yuan (USD 15,723) to elevate its brand positioning, according to information disclosed by Yueda [Kia’s joint-venture partner in China].

The move is intended to address a long-standing problem confronting Kia in China: with low-priced models such as the Pegas [Soluto in the Philippines] and Forte sedans and the KX1 crossover [Stonic in the Philippines], Kia is increasingly seen as a value brand. That has forced it to compete on price with Chinese peers.
    Sadly for Kia PH. The Soluto and Stonic are their top-2 cars sold in 2021

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sounds like KIA doesn't want to accept the reality that they are a value brand.

Aside from maybe the Starex, I don't know a single person who would choose to buy a Hyundai or Kia when there is a similar Toyota or Honda model at a comparable, or even higher price.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlack View Post
    I think their entry level accent does not have an airbag.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    That's true.

A car with no safety features in this day and age? HARI might have just stuck their minds in the 90s to early 2000s.

This is why i see their reina more than the current gen accent on the roads.

Even their enty model grand starex does not have airbags as well.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Sadly, they practically priced themselves out of competition....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    That's true.

A car with no safety features in this day and age? HARI might have just stuck their minds in the 90s to early 2000s.

This is why i see their reina more than the current gen accent on the roads.

Even their enty model grand starex does not have airbags as well.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    may kasamang helmet if you purchase

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    CAMPI: PH auto industry sees 17% month-on-month sales growth in February | TopGear PH

According to the latest report by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI) and the Truck Manufacturers Association (TMA), a total of 24,304 units were sold in our market in February 2022.

While this reflects a 7.3% decline from the 26,230 units sold in February 2021, this total was still good for a 17% growth from the 20,765 vehicle sales recorded in January 2022.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    war numbers willbe interesting...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    PH car sales: CAMPI records 74,754 vehicles sold in Q1 2022 | TopGear PH

Toyota remains the country’s number one car brand with 37,230 units sold. Coming in second is its fellow Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi with 10,346 units sold, while Nissan finds itself in third place with 5,886. Ford Philippines lands in fourth with 4,634 units, and Suzuki Philippines caps off this year’s top five with 4,556 units.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast