New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Honda lowering the price of their cars? ... you must be joking! When the new model comes out, expect a minimum of a 10% increase in SRP and no discounts for the first year.
    what i meant sir was, if the new model comes out, maybe the price of the FD's will be lesser compared to the price right now since they have to dispose the stocks, maybe some discounts too, but that's just an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ...Kapag ako, Civic 1.8S nalang. Since you mentioned the Altis 1.6, I'm sure performance is not that high up your list.
    yes sir! I'm not pretty much into it since i'm old enough to be racing along edsa. if i was a bit younger then i guess i would have gotten a civic, i had an SIR before by the way. but i'm really not that technical when it comes to the "under the hood" stuffs.

after checking the prices over the weekend, the Tucson diesel 4x4 (GL) is almost the same price as the 4x2 fortuner/montero at "less than 1.4M SRP". dont you think that this is quite expensive for a CUV since they are just new and haven't proved anything yet in terms of car value?

as time goes by, a lot of questions are popping out of my mind. if i will go with diesel or petrol, since i heard that diesel engines are costly to maintain compared to gas-fed engines. a sedan or CUV/SUV because of the price range since they are "almost" the same. then here come's the montero to be released in March according to the SA of Mits Quezon Ave when i inquired about it and discourage me to get one now.

pasensya na sa dami ng tanong, i just want to get the best out of my money na hindi ko pagsisisihan in the long run since this vehicle will be for keeps for at least 5-10 years to be used as a personal service with occasional out of town trips on weekends, mga once or twice a month. Thank you for all the feedback, knowledge is to be shared not kept!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Parang wala na naman pila yung GLS Theta II (gasoline 2.0) na Tucson eh.. May mga dealerships naka stock na..

CRDi naman ngayon ang may pila.. Since July 2010 wala nang dumating eh.

after checking the prices over the weekend, the Tucson diesel 4x4 (GL) is almost the same price as the 4x2 fortuner/montero at "less than 1.4M SRP". dont you think that this is quite expensive for a CUV since they are just new and haven't proved anything yet in terms of car value?
    IMHO it's not that expensive. Yung engine palang kasi malaking portion na yun sa price. Plus the Garrett Honeywell eVGT. Bosch CRDi system.. In fact, Denki, Spynz and I bought the top-end CRDi variant that costs 1.7M.. And we're satisfied.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; January 24th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    As for the Lancer EX, to the best of my knowledge diba gas guzzler yan?

Given that the Lancer EX is not known for fuel economy, it's not a gas guzzler either.

Average of around 8Km/L-city and up to 13 km/L-highway.

I personally get around 7km/L-city during the week but that's because my area has too much traffic and too many speed-bumps, intersections and stoplights every 50 meters or so. Weekends, I can get 9 to 10 km/L in city driving.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 24th, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sqt-clark View Post
    what i meant sir was, if the new model comes out, maybe the price of the FD's will be lesser compared to the price right now since they have to dispose the stocks, maybe some discounts too, but that's just an assumption.

yes sir! I'm not pretty much into it since i'm old enough to be racing along edsa. if i was a bit younger then i guess i would have gotten a civic, i had an SIR before by the way. but i'm really not that technical when it comes to the "under the hood" stuffs.

as time goes by, a lot of questions are popping out of my mind. if i will go with diesel or petrol, since i heard that diesel engines are costly to maintain compared to gas-fed engines. a sedan or CUV/SUV because of the price range since they are "almost" the same. then here come's the montero to be released in March according to the SA of Mits Quezon Ave when i inquired about it and discourage me to get one now.

pasensya na sa dami ng tanong, i just want to get the best out of my money na hindi ko pagsisisihan in the long run since this vehicle will be for keeps for at least 5-10 years to be used as a personal service with occasional out of town trips on weekends, mga once or twice a month. Thank you for all the feedback, knowledge is to be shared not kept!
    I find the Tucson diesel to be quite cheap already for what you get since it already has lots of features as well. The Montero and Fortuner's engines are crude as compared to this one. Especially the Fortuner's which I'm sure any SUV or pickup with an intercooler currently available brand new in the market can outrun. What is your location and daily route by the way? Does it flood often? Are there lots of bad roads? On your out of town trips, do you go to far flung areas with terrible terrain? Since you go out of town often, I suggest against getting a sedan and get something that has more space. I personally don't find diesels to be extraordinarily expensive to repair. We have one and its known for being problematic at that- the 4JX1 Trooper. Yet even uptil now, we have yet to encounter a repair bill that reaches six digits or even goes up to the high five digits. Sure, it will be more costly when it is time to change oil but then I'm sure the gas savings you get more than covers up for it. And also, our previous car, a '97 Accord VTi, has spent more time in the repair shop as compared to the Trooper which rarely ever breaks down.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    one thing i've learn from a friend who owns both diesel and gas fed cars.

diesel you'll end up paying more for maintenance than gasoline..
    so you're not actually saving from buying a diesel engine car.

we own both gas and diesel also ang believe me mas mahal ang PMS ng diesel
    pero siempre mali kung ikukumpara ang PMS ng vios at everest.

maganda icompare PMS ng:

2.0 altis, civic, Lancer etc to a Ford Focus TDCi..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depende parin yan as to the diesel vehicle mentioned as well as the mentality of the owner. I for one find the extra money paid during maintenance time to be worth the extra punch, durability and fuel efficiency of the diesel compared to a comparable gas engine. Let's just say that both are 2.0L engine having nearly similar horsepower count but of course with the diesel having about twice the torque and getting around twice the fuel mileage of its gas counterpart while also using cheaper fuel. I'd rather be getting the diesel along with its added performance and fuel economy and gladly pay for the few extra grand (OK, sometimes its not just few, but you get my point. ) every half year or so.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    pero come to think of it, the price difference of a gas fortuner 4x2AT vs fortuner 4x2 D4D AT is only 65,000 so i think frugality wise i'd go with diesel fort..

pero totoo ba na every 100,000kms me pinapalitan sa diesel engine? di kase ako technical at sabi ng friend ko mahal daw, pero sa gas engine walang ganito..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll give you my insights na lang on the CRV because yun ang nabili ko eh.

First of all, you need to know ano ba requirements mo for the next 5 years, are you gonna start a family? Will you be carrying big stuff from time to time? You got a big dog? Trips to the province often? Etc. Then you will know kung car nga or Compact SUV ang kailangan mo.

Second, sure you could loan 1.4M, the question is how much are you willing to add to that to maintain your car/SUV? Research on how much you are going to add every month for gasoline and for the regular servicing. Cars kasi are cheaper and there has been a debate ongoing about how much you need to fork out for maintaining a CRDI engine as compared to regular gasoline engines. Another thing is the preventive maintenance schedule. Honda boast of servicing every 10000kms or 6 months which ever comes first. Others have their schedule at 5000kms or 3 months. It may or may not add up, but if you are worried about additional cost, then that could be the deal maker.

Third, what ever makes you happy, irregardless of the cost, should be one of your prime considerations.

So why did I chose the CRV? Space. Plus that I only need to bring it to the CASA twice a year or ever 10000k. So I did the math and i would be saving a bit there. In addition, CRV is well know for its reliability and high resale value. Although malakas sya sa gas (ave. of 7/8 kpl city driving), I don't mind kasi may gasoline allowance naman ako. Having said that, old na nga ang design and there should be a new one just around the corner. Pero ok lang yun kasi, I'm happy with it.

Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Honda boast of servicing every 10000kms or 6 months which ever comes first

same as Mazda CX7 looks better too...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ayun! why not Mazda CX-7?

Maganda naman, just change the wheels. And look for an USDM rear spoiler..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
A Car or a Compact SUV? Please Help..