New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I'll give you my insights na lang on the CRV because yun ang nabili ko eh.

First of all, you need to know ano ba requirements mo for the next 5 years, are you gonna start a family? Will you be carrying big stuff from time to time? You got a big dog? Trips to the province often? Etc. Then you will know kung car nga or Compact SUV ang kailangan mo.

Second, sure you could loan 1.4M, the question is how much are you willing to add to that to maintain your car/SUV? Research on how much you are going to add every month for gasoline and for the regular servicing. Cars kasi are cheaper and there has been a debate ongoing about how much you need to fork out for maintaining a CRDI engine as compared to regular gasoline engines. Another thing is the preventive maintenance schedule. Honda boast of servicing every 10000kms or 6 months which ever comes first. Others have their schedule at 5000kms or 3 months. It may or may not add up, but if you are worried about additional cost, then that could be the deal maker.

Third, what ever makes you happy, irregardless of the cost, should be one of your prime considerations.

So why did I chose the CRV? Space. Plus that I only need to bring it to the CASA twice a year or ever 10000k. So I did the math and i would be saving a bit there. In addition, CRV is well know for its reliability and high resale value. Although malakas sya sa gas (ave. of 7/8 kpl city driving), I don't mind kasi may gasoline allowance naman ako. Having said that, old na nga ang design and there should be a new one just around the corner. Pero ok lang yun kasi, I'm happy with it.

Good luck!
    Well said sire, salamat. As I mentioned, i'm not that technical when it comes to "under the hood" stuffs, you simply put everything in layman's term.

I'll take all your inputs into consideration and whatever the result is, I'll let all of you know. Thanks for the effort of helping me, in a way, you shed some light to my woes. God bless you everyone and more power to the tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    So why did I chose the CRV? Space. Plus that I only need to bring it to the CASA twice a year or ever 10000k. So I did the math and i would be saving a bit there. In addition, CRV is well know for its reliability and high resale value. Although malakas sya sa gas (ave. of 7/8 kpl city driving), I don't mind kasi may gasoline allowance naman ako. Having said that, old na nga ang design and there should be a new one just around the corner. Pero ok lang yun kasi, I'm happy with it.

Good luck!
    nice. i wish ganun kadali for me. I got that bad habit of 'i should have just bought this or that'

lagi ko nababasa na although tipid ang fuel, mahal maintenance CRDi, therefore in the end not much difference in terms or future savings. kaya lang every day ma feel mo yung P10 difference per liter na yan pag nasa gas station. At least yung PMS once or 2x a year lang. haha.

Kidding aside, for those who are lucky enough to own both, ano po ba difference talaga in terms of pesos ng PMS ng gas vs CRDi. How big is it exactly? in that case, we can get that value and compare it with the fuel costs para ma compute how many kms of driving will the lesser fuel consumption out weigh the PMS costs.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 26th, 2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: corrected quoting

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Diesels don't need to be replaced every "100,000" kilometers. The fuel system is the part that needs maintenance by 150,000 - 200,000 kilometers.

This is also true of many electronic parts for gasoline engines. The big difference is that diesel fuel system parts for CRDi engines (CRDI, D4D, DiD, TDCi, whatever the heck the manufacturer calls it) tend to cost much more than parts for gasoline cars. The injectors alone can cost over 100k pesos a set.

Hopefully prices will go down in the future.

-

Maintenance costs (PMS) for diesels tend to be twice that of gasoline. Thanks to local conditions, manufacturers are wary of allowing you to run 10,000 kilometer intervals, like you can with the better gasoline engines out there. So that's an additional 5,000+ every 10,000 kilometers versus a gasoline engine, and major PMS intervals (those 10,000 - 20,000 peso major checkups) are much closer together, too.

-

The upside of diesel? Power. Convenience (go further between fuel-ups). Ease of use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Between the CX-7 or the CR-V? I'd rather get the CR-V. Honda > Mazda in terms of reliability. This coming from a guy who drives his sister's Mazda 3 lol.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The CRV has more power while the CX7 has the looks. Kung ako, Sorento na, kahit gas lang.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
A Car or a Compact SUV? Please Help..