New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi there, Im new here in this forum but its almost 2 months now when i start reading in this forums and until now that i can't wait and i can't find the answers I wanna hear (or rather read :D )

My family is planning to buy me a new car, but they want it to use it for fetching the balikbayans and they want to have a compartment or place where to put the balikbayan boxes...

my choices are:

Honda Jazz 1.3 - kc i like M/T ,okay lang po kaya ito kahit 1.3 kahit taga baguio po ako? at pano pag nalagyan siya ng 2 balikbayan boxes? kaya prin po kaya? kasya po ba yung mga boxes kahit hindi naka fold yung rear seats?

Innova G MT - Masyadong malaki pero yun nga marami ring space for balikbayan boxes

Nissan Grand Livina - Smaller than Innova

So kapwa mga tsikoters can you please help me?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your best solution:

Buy an empty balikbayan box (or two for good measure) and look for a Jazz to borrow for a couple of minutes for "fitment" tests with the empty boxes. You might be able to do the fitment test at the Honda showroom as long as you ask permission first before doing it.

Engine-wise, it would have enough power to go up Baguio (with loaded boxes) although you might be in 1st gear in the steepest parts of the climb up.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    wow thanks for the reply...

ive been thinking about that but i dont have any friend that has a honda jazz 2009, there's no honda showroom here in baguio, i went to honda dagupan in order to visualize the real size of the compartment, ive seen several honda jazz 2009 here in baguio, nakakahiya naman kung hihiramin ko sa hindi ko kilalang tao yung jazz nya just to measure the balikbayan boxes :D

anyway, thanks alot... :D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PM mo po ako pwede mo ifit yung balikbayan boxes mo sa baby ko sukat lang naman eh basta wag magasgas. hehehe :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think the Jazz can swallow a pair of balikbayan boxes. Just fold those rear seats down completely kaya yan... Worst isa lang pero since 60-40 split naman sya fold the 60 side and that should fir the balikbayan box tapos may tao pa pwedeng umupo sa 40 side.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Hi there, Im new here in this forum but its almost 2 months

kaya prin po kaya? kasya po ba yung mga boxes kahit hindi naka fold yung rear seats?
    welcome to tsikot.

need mo talaga ifold yung rear seat to accomodate yung boxes.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wataru View Post
    PM mo po ako pwede mo ifit yung balikbayan boxes mo sa baby ko sukat lang naman eh basta wag magasgas. hehehe :D
    hehe thanks po... taga san po kayo? taga baguio kasi ako eh
    mas ayus sana kung taga baguio ka rin hehe

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I think the Jazz can swallow a pair of balikbayan boxes. Just fold those rear seats down completely kaya yan... Worst isa lang pero since 60-40 split naman sya fold the 60 side and that should fir the balikbayan box tapos may tao pa pwedeng umupo sa 40 side.
    yun nga lang limited lang ang susundo sa balikbayan at saan na uupo yung balikbayan haha...
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    welcome to tsikot.

need mo talaga ifold yung rear seat to accomodate yung boxes.
    mag commute nalang yung balikbayan at sasakay sa jazz yung boxes

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We were able to fetch a friend from the airport with a couple of his balikbayan boxes and carry-on luggage in our Jazz. So, we were 3 in the car (one was sitting on the second row). We just folded one of the seats in the second row and it gave more than enough room to accomodate his stuffs. Cool!

8101:oops2:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

We were able to fetch a friend from the airport with a couple of his balikbayan boxes and carry-on luggage in our Jazz. So, we were 3 in the car (one was sitting on the second row). We just folded one of the seats in the second row and it gave more than enough room to accomodate his stuffs. Cool!

8101:oops2:
    what if hindi po ifofold yung 2nd row? will the balikbayan boxes still fit at the back of the jazz?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Para walang problema maglivina ka na lang

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Which car to buy (can fit balikbayan box)?