New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Hi there, Im new here in this forum but its almost 2 months now when i start reading in this forums and until now that i can't wait and i can't find the answers I wanna hear (or rather read :D )

My family is planning to buy me a new car, but they want it to use it for fetching the balikbayans and they want to have a compartment or place where to put the balikbayan boxes...

my choices are:

Honda Jazz 1.3 - kc i like M/T ,okay lang po kaya ito kahit 1.3 kahit taga baguio po ako? at pano pag nalagyan siya ng 2 balikbayan boxes? kaya prin po kaya? kasya po ba yung mga boxes kahit hindi naka fold yung rear seats?

Innova G MT - Masyadong malaki pero yun nga marami ring space for balikbayan boxes

Nissan Grand Livina - Smaller than Innova

So kapwa mga tsikoters can you please help me?
    i would go for the innova. the jazz can accomodate around 2 boxes (i've seen it..) but the question are:

- what if there are more than two boxes?
    - and where will the balikbayan sit down?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i would go for the innova. the jazz can accomodate around 2 boxes (i've seen it..) but the question are:

- what if there are more than two boxes?
    - and where will the balikbayan sit down?
    But he won't be using the Jazz to regularly ferry balikbayan boxes every week, so something more practical in size and fuel consumption might be better than the Innova.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I or we will not be fetching balikbayans frequently, maybe thrice in a year or less...

everytime my father arrives, he has a 2 large balikbayan boxes plus his large bags with wheels :D hehe...

innova is a better option but the size is the only problem because most of the time I will be the only one using it for service...

and I'm not a PRO driver I started to drive last month... and I think i cannot handle innova because of its size but we also have a van that's longer than the innova...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just buy the Jazz. Since sinabi mo naman thrice or less in a year lang naman worse comes to worse dalin mo na din yung van ninyo to carry the cargo and use the Jazz as the passenger vehicle. Jazz is more practial than Innova on a daily use basis kung mag-isa ka lang.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Akala ko sa title kotse mapagkasya sa balikbayan box.

Would also have suggested for you to get a pick-up.

On further reading.....yeah, I agree with tidus1203. Get the Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    i really love the jazz...

pero yung parents ko parin ang magdedecide kasi sila ang sponsor...

but i will fight for the jazz... :D

*tidus

yun nga po eh... most of the time its either ako lang ang laman or with some friends...

bihira lang ang sundo pero sila parin mag dedecide huhu.. :D

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    eto yung Avanza ko.. kasya siguro 4 na balikbayan box pag naka fold yung 2nd row..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since Baguio yan, I'd recommend you to get a CRDI powered car like Hyundai Accent para walang hirap sa akyatan with great fuel economy.

Yun nga lang, manual lang sya available so dapat sanay ka sa mga hanging/inclines.

Kung gusto mo malaki tapos ok lang na ikaw mag-isa, Montero Sport 2.5L AT. SUV naman yun so ok lang kahit ikaw lang. Or Mitsubishi Strada.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, Innova is good. Its not as big as you think it is really and is easy to drive and maneuver around unless your house and street in Baguio is one of those narrow areas with small minimal parking space.

You can also downsize to an Avanza 1.5 m/t if you want compact dimensions with the needed carrying capacity.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Just Sharing.

With some spanner work. I removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats and was able to load a 6 feet long sofa and was able to close the rear door.

I even brought rope which i did not use.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which car to buy (can fit balikbayan box)?