New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thank you guys for all your response..

number001.. thanks, you really provided some good feedback for me. Now we're 90% sure on the starex.. One more question though.

How do I know I am getting the latest 2010 model. How can I easily recognize it?

Thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ There's nothing much of a change on the 2009 model vs. the 2010 model. Well, that's what I know, to the least.

You can know them when you have received the OR/CR of the vehicle. It should say 2010 Hyundai Grand Starex etc. etc.

-

Avoid the D4D Innova's first. It is know to be suckish vs. other diesel-fed vehicles. The Innova only seats 7 and with ample space for some baggage. With you considering the starex, you might be needing a vehicle that seats 9 or more. An SUV or a CUV cannot give you that. ;)

However, if you don't really need a large seating capacity. The Santa Fe will be perfect. Car-like ride with superb engine performance. Remember, it uses the modern CRDi technology, which has been proven to be reliable and strong.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    To check when a vehicle was produced, look for the production stamp usually located inside the engine bay or etc... Never believe what the agent or dealer says, unless they can actually show you the actual production stamp.

Whether its the Innova or Starex, there is always a compromise bet. ferrying passengers or carrying cargoes. Can't have both. After all, none of them are in the capacity as the Expedition EL or Suburban.

The last passenger row of the Starex is disturbingly close to the rear hatch door (imagine a big truck ramming all passenger's head....). As for the Innova, even if all rows are occupied, there is a small space left at the back (enough for small grocery bags, or three school age backpacks) .

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks for the reply renzo_d10 and number001, I really appreciate it.

renzo_d10, you said santa fe uses modern CRDi technology, doesn't the starex use the CRDi as well?

As for the seating capacity, we are really looking for more space.. but we don't really need it. We're only 4 in the family.. however when we go out we usually bring along our relatives so the extra seats are for them.. but if we can't find any good van, we can go for SUVs..

number001, about the production stamp, will i see the date of production there? I mean an actual date or is it just a code where only the agent can understand..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    xerex, anong variant ba ng Starex ang kukunin mo? GLS VGT or GLS TCi?

yung GLS VGT, yan ang state-of-the-art CRDi technology ng Hyundai. binili nila sa BMW ang technology na iyan.

if GLS VGT ang kukunin mo, suggestion ko lang sa PITSTOP Motors ka na bumili, less for more. meaning less price but more features. mahirap i explain eh. meron tayo dalawang version ng Grand Starex dito, yung HARI at yung Parallel/ grey market.

yung production date makikita mo yun sa hood at sa window ng Starex naka lagay ata dun sa sliding door.

please join us at http://hyundaiautoclubph.proboards.com/index.cgi

may thread dyan about HARI version & Grey market version ng Grand Starex

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung starex, better get the one with crdi and vgt.

powerfull engine pero matipid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buying new Family Car: Need Advice