New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Browsing through the forums, seems like on the whole PMS expenses is a big concern and non-essential items being added by casas to the PMS checklists/costs. I know rates are also dependent on dealerships but which brands do you find to have the most reasonable casa PMS rates? On a related note, which brands are lacking in after sales support? I think this will helpful in determining total cost of ownership for new/prospective car owners. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So far only Honda says 50,000php for 5-years for the CR-V. I wonder how much it costs to maintain the Honda City/Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    So far only Honda says 50,000php for 5-years for the CR-V. I wonder how much it costs to maintain the Honda City/Jazz.
    Assuming no major part is broken, Honda PMS cost for the first few years is mostly paying synthetic oils plus the usual services which be is around 5k per every 10k or 6 months. Once you reach 40k KM, that's when you will feel the heavy cost of Honda PMS. ATF/CVTF needs to be replaced, fuel filter, Iridium plugs, and others. For suspension parts and repair, it is better to do it on dedicated suspension shops as most casas will just suggest replacing whole suspension parts rather than checking and diagnosing what's causing "kalampag" or early tire wear for some.

With Ford, it is the same as Honda with the basic change oil services. Those that succumbed to tranny failures past their warranty are taking a toll as it is not cheap. For the newer cars, Ford is now extending warranty of the it tranny services.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 29th, 2015 at 12:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Assuming no major part is broken, Honda PMS cost for the first few years is mostly paying synthetic oils plus the usual services which be is around 5k per every 10k or 6 months. Once you reach 40k KM, that's when you will feel the heavy cost of Honda PMS. ATF/CVTF needs to be replaced, fuel filter, Iridium plugs, and others. For suspension parts and repair, it is better to do it on dedicated suspension shops as most casas will just suggest replacing whole suspension parts rather than checking and diagnosing what's causing "kalampag" or early tire wear for some.

With Ford, it is the same as Honda with the basic change oil services. Those that succumbed to tranny failures past their warranty are taking a toll as it is not cheap. For the newer cars, Ford is now extending warranty of the it tranny services.
    atf/cvt and sparkplugs will cost any car owner naman. still cheaper at 50k for 5 years though.

compare the above cost versus maintenance of diesel fortuners or monteros for 5 years.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Good feedback on Honda and Ford. Glad to know Ford maintenance at least for the first few years is reasonable since we have a 4 month old Ecosport AT as the family car. Will inquire with the casa for the extended tranny warranty.

Stock Engine - Are the maintenance costs of all diesels significantly more than gasoline cars? I'm considering the Kia/Hyundai CRDI models for my personal car mainly for the fuel savings...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good feedback on Honda and Ford. Glad to know Ford maintenance at least for the first few years is reasonable since we have a 4 month old Ecosport AT as the family car. Will inquire with the casa for the extended tranny warranty.

Stock Engine - Are the maintenance costs of all diesels significantly more than gasoline cars? I'm considering the Kia/Hyundai CRDI models for my personal car mainly for the fuel savings...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    for my vios, CASA price is roughly between 2.8k for every more or less 1 quarter and there is a 3.8k (plus minus) on the last quarter. so per year around Petot 12,000 using straight OEM and fully synthetic oil.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by inkaos78 View Post

Sa hyundai pms thread, nakakatakot mga crdi pms quotation lol. fuel savings down the drain.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Sa hyundai pms thread, nakakatakot mga crdi pms quotation lol. fuel savings down the drain.
    Yikes, ang cute pa naman ng Soul lol! Guess gotta comb thru the Hyundai/Kia threads some more...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa Hyundai (Hari Motors) lang ata yung horror stories sa PMS costs. Yung local Kia dealerships are under a separate group (Colombia Motors).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    What I gathered reading the forums...

Mazda - No extra PMS costs for first 3 years because of Yojin 3.
    Subaru - A bit more expensive maintenance because of AWD.

Personally, I'd like the other manufacturers to take the same approach as Mazda. It's not really free maintenance because you're basically paying it upfront with the car costs but at least it's the standard rate for all and you don't have to stress about being duped/overcharged by the casa.

What I gathered reading the forums...

Mazda - No extra PMS costs for first 3 years because of Yojin 3.
    Subaru - A bit more expensive maintenance because of AWD.

Personally, I'd like the other manufacturers to take the same approach as Mazda. It's not really free maintenance because you're basically paying it upfront with the car costs but at least it's the standard rate for all and you don't have to stress about being duped/overcharged by the casa.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
PMS Rate Comparisons Across Brands