New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If resale value was a key concern for me four years ago, we would not have bought the FXT. A Fortuner was around the same price. Did I consider it? Hell, no. Not even any of the other PPVs.

I wanted a midsize car or wagon but my wife wanted a crossover. We agreed that the Forester is the best choice for us. We went for it and we are happy with our purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; June 19th, 2020 at 04:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If resale value was a key concern for me four years ago, we would not have bought the FXT. A Fortuner was around the same price. Did I consider it? Hell, no. Not even any of the other PPVs.

I wanted a midsize car or wagon but my wife wanted a crossover. We agreed that the Forester is the best choice for us. We went for it and we are happy with our purchase.

Hence my final statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Either way it doesn't change the fact that you should go for the car that you want that fits your budget (whether that's today's budget or your 5 year budget).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    95% of car buyers don't give a sh!t about performance or handling. Gusto lang nila matipid, matibay, madali imaintain, madali ibenta.

No car in the top 10 best selling cars in the Philippines is a "driver's car". So just because they didn't get the best-performing car doesn't mean that they bought the car that didn't tick the right boxes for them. They just have different boxes to tick.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Buy the car that meets YOUR needs and not other's opinions.

Im a driving enthusiast and like to give it the beans...so i tend towards faster cars. Those have depreciated badly but i enjoyed them and you only live once.

But i also recognize utility, longevity and resale value so i also have other purchases that were a bit more sensible. And those cars are still with me and will continue to be work horses.

Make a checklist of YOUR needs and choose based on that.

But since youre asking for our opinion...id throw my hat into the Coolray column. Hehehe.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    M

Coolray SRP: 1.2M
    Resale in 5 yrs: 500k
    Net cash outlay: 700k
    ah excellent projection on the coolray

hindi pala magandang "gift"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Ts, gawa ka ng checklist that you need in a car... who gets more check from the checklist should be your choice... goodluck!!!

ULS style...

as ive said, checklist and needs = sure choice...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Money tomorrow is still money, so just as SRP is important just as resale matters too. Bakit hindi mo iisipin resale value unless hindi mo ibebenta kotse.

Kung sure ka hindi mo ibenenta in 5 years then dont consider it. Siyempre mas maganda Coolray. Mas mahal din na sasakyan yan..kung afford mo edi bilhin mo. Pero kung concerned ka sa budget for both today and tomorrow, then resale is important just as purchase price is important (unless you don't plan to sell the car).

Vios SRP: 881k
    Resale in 5 yrs: 450k
    Net cash outlay: 430k

Coolray SRP: 1.2M
    Resale in 5 yrs: 500k
    Net cash outlay: 700k

So you can look at it as you will be paying 320k more in SRP. Or you can look at it as your net cash outlay will be 270k higher in 5 yrs.

Either way it doesn't change the fact that you should go for the car that you want that fits your budget (whether that's today's budget or your 5 year budget).

Speaking of coolray.. nandyan pala stock yard nila sa slex.. right before the bridge to turbina exit.. ang daming coolray

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TS,
    after over a hundred posts, comments, and opinions from well-wishers,
    have you finally decided?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 19th, 2020 at 08:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    P1.2M for a Chinese car!? No, Thanks..

An old vios even if yu wreck it, you could replace the whole end welded on a surplus donor. There's this shop at BMA near Banawe that sells chop-chop and its cheap. I doubt you could do that on a Chinese car, it would always end as junk earlier than the Japanese.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    P1.2M for a Chinese car!? No, Thanks..

An old vios even if yu wreck it, you could replace the whole end welded on a surplus donor. There's this shop at BMA near Banawe that sells chop-chop and its cheap. I doubt you could do that on a Chinese car, it would always end as junk earlier than the Japanese.
    Please, give chinese car brands the benefit of the doubt...
    It’s still early to speculate about what they can do...

Anyway, all i know is that they are the sleeping giant... who knows, they are already awaken... [emoji3577][emoji3526]

MG brand had been in the market for quite sometime already and yet they still exist...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Please, give chinese car brands the benefit of the doubt...
    It’s still early to speculate about what they can do...

Anyway, all i know is that they are the sleeping giant... who knows, they are already awaken... [emoji3577][emoji3526]

MG brand had been in the market for quite sometime already and yet they still exist...

Jump 1st before pushing, bai.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast